ImageImageImageImageImage

Preseason- Knicks vs. Raptors

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

TheBluest
Banned User
And1: 8
Location: Lottery Bound...Banned From UK 2-11-09 @ 12:30 am by Martin LOL!

Re: Preseason- Knicks vs. Raptors 

Post#381 » by TheBluest » Thu Oct 9, 2008 2:13 am

optimusADL wrote:
TheBluest wrote:How do you allow a Raps team who didn't go full strength to score well over 100pts?

I can only imagine what D'Antonio is telling them in the locker room. He's probably talking about all the things that went wrong offensively. Probably stroking their egos telling them they won't shoot this bad from 3pt range once they grasp the system. Probably ignoring the 20TO's because we play fast and telling them wonderful job getting 29ast.

According to Yahoo our starting lineup all had a - in the +/- category meanwhile our bench almost all had +.

Teams are going to GO OFF on us.

Hey when "THE LIGHTS CAME ON AND LIT UP" what did Marbury do?

Was "THE BALL IN HIS HANDS" and was he "MAKIN PLAYS?"
galeon110
Analyst
And1: 629

Post#382 » by galeon110 » Thu Oct 9, 2008 2:45 am

evil_e wrote:Bosh in '10, book it

Keep dreamin'
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,266

Post#383 » by Luv those Knicks » Thu Oct 9, 2008 4:27 am

adjacent2bench wrote:Even though we're 0-12 from 3, most of them were wide open attempts because of good ball movement. I'm not worried at all.

This team has been pretty bad hitting open shots over the last couple years. It may not always show up in the numbers, but it's there, I've seen it. We score a lot more baskets with drives or layups than most teams and we are worse with the jumper.

Today's game was unusually bad for these guys, but make no mistake. This team would really benefit with a couple really good outside shooters. Gallinari may be one of those guys in a couple years, but we'll need another. Nate's OK, but not great. Marbs is OK. Craw is Streaky. Q's not very good and forget about the rest of the guys, if you count on David Lee to hit jumpshots, then you're not a playoff team. Lee can hit them sometimes, but it'll never be his strength.
Embiid wanted to win so badly, he deliberately injured Mitchell Robinson.

Classy.
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#384 » by Luv those Knicks » Thu Oct 9, 2008 4:44 am

Peanut wrote:Go figure. Marbury has been playing with the bench and they all are + on the +/- meanwhile the starters are -

+/- is an inaccurate stat, becuase it depends on who's on the floor with you, who's on the floor for the other team, and who happened to get hot.

The Knicks bench basically blew out the Raptors bench in the late 1st/early 2nd quarter, the raptors started out with a lead, so the starters never quite made up the negative, while the knicks bench mostly ended up with a +.

Players can play badly and still end up with a positive plus/minus. I don't put much stock in that stat.

Classy.
Houston99
Analyst
And1: 409

Post#385 » by Houston99 » Thu Oct 9, 2008 4:50 am

dantoni wont be smiling as much after the first game.
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#386 » by Luv those Knicks » Thu Oct 9, 2008 4:59 am

evil_e wrote:
SkinnyP wrote:lol.... Iceburg Slim would be mighty proud...

Was it velvet though?

Not sure, wasn't really paying attention. Knowing Clyde though, I'd say probably.

a blast from the past.

Clyde always new how to dress.

Oakley was a great dresser for those who remember the suits he used to wear, but Clyde was (and still is) the best.

Classy.
nyknicks09
RealGM
And1: 3,219

Post#387 » by nyknicks09 » Thu Oct 9, 2008 5:28 am

chitownsports4ever wrote:
god shammgod wrote:crawford 2-9
duhon 1-7

as i told you chitown, the worst shooting backcourt in the nba

and as I told you before when they are not the worst shooting backcourt you will disappear or make up some other excuse about why your prediction didnt come true. Of course the first game of the preseason proves you correct . You really are proud of yourself because they shot poorly in the preseason opener :lol: wow

Pardon me for interfering but you can't say that pre-season doesn't matter for the Knicks after having horrible seasons since Isiah took over this team. You keep on giving Crawford and Duhon excuses but we all know that some Knicks players lack of some good fundamentals as basketball players. Maybe I'm being too hard on them but these players are not rookies anymore. They have being in the NBA for a couple of years now and is time for them to put up or just STFU or get rid of them. Lets just hope that Walsh does the right thing by acquiring players with good basketball fundamentals. The hype on Duhon is unbelieveable and the media is just trying to make it look good than it is just to make Marbury look bad. Marbury hasn't being a saint since he came to the Knicks but Duhon is not an upgrade over Marbury at the point guard position. Crawford needs to hit the bench ASAP. This guy doesn't know the difference between a better shot and a bad shot. I wish D'Antoni the best if he wants to continue with that backcourt but we are going to get killed once the season starts and you just have to remember that we are playing a injury-free Wade who had a great Olympic time. I'm not trying to give up on this backcourt but D'Antoni better find a way to get these 2 turn into Stockton and Hornacek cause I just don't see them clicking. I hope that D'Antoni proves me wrong because the East has gotten stronger and if the Knicks don't catch up, they will hear it from the fans at the Garden if they don't show any effort.
New York Knicks
RealGM
And1: 39,218

Post#388 » by 2010 » Thu Oct 9, 2008 8:01 am

TKF wrote:0-7 from 3? LOL.. wow

and orlando up 28-9 on charlotte.. :o

I see your boy Larry Clown doing a great job down there in NC! :wink:

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
RealGM
And1: 39,218

Post#389 » by 2010 » Thu Oct 9, 2008 8:06 am

TKF wrote:OT: I know it is preseason, but orlando is killing charlotte 50-16

Your boy LB whipping em into shape eh? Got em playin the right way! What's the over|under on the amount of time it takes him to start bichin about the roster (pg)...

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
krustytheclown
Lead Assistant
And1: 8

Post#390 » by krustytheclown » Thu Oct 9, 2008 8:15 am

galeon110 wrote:
evil_e wrote:Bosh in '10, book it

Keep dreamin'

please keep him
NYK_UNLV
Bench Warmer
And1: 0

Post#391 » by NYK_UNLV » Thu Oct 9, 2008 9:52 am

Preseason.....Preseason....Preseason....Preseason....

It is the first game of the preseason. We looked better than I expected. Of course we have a long way to go, but this isn't reason to hit the panic button
eviL
Lead Assistant
And1: 12

Post#392 » by eviL » Thu Oct 9, 2008 10:18 am

marbury2curry wrote:please keep him

You wouldn't like Bosh in '10? If this system is still in place by then and looks to be in place for the next 5-6 years (which I believe it will) Bosh is an excellent fit as a big man. He can run, he can shoot, he can block/alter some shots, he can pass and he is a WILLING LEADER. If we can't get Lebron or Wade, I'd love to have Bosh as a bronze medal.
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,957

Post#393 » by chitownsports4ever » Thu Oct 9, 2008 1:05 pm

nyknicks09 wrote:
Pardon me for interfering but you can't say that pre-season doesn't matter for the Knicks after having horrible seasons since Isiah took over this team. You keep on giving Crawford and Duhon excuses but we all know that some Knicks players lack of some good fundamentals as basketball players. Maybe I'm being too hard on them but these players are not rookies anymore. They have being in the NBA for a couple of years now and is time for them to put up or just STFU or get rid of them. Lets just hope that Walsh does the right thing by acquiring players with good basketball fundamentals. The hype on Duhon is unbelieveable and the media is just trying to make it look good than it is just to make Marbury look bad. Marbury hasn't being a saint since he came to the Knicks but Duhon is not an upgrade over Marbury at the point guard position. Crawford needs to hit the bench ASAP. This guy doesn't know the difference between a better shot and a bad shot. I wish D'Antoni the best if he wants to continue with that backcourt but we are going to get killed once the season starts and you just have to remember that we are playing a injury-free Wade who had a great Olympic time. I'm not trying to give up on this backcourt but D'Antoni better find a way to get these 2 turn into Stockton and Hornacek cause I just don't see them clicking. I hope that D'Antoni proves me wrong because the East has gotten stronger and if the Knicks don't catch up, they will hear it from the fans at the Garden if they don't show any effort.

Preseason games dont count the knicks started 2-0 in the preseason last year and finished 4-3 .How well did the regular season go for them ? Whose making excuses ? Its the first preseason game. Only haters would feel people are making excuses for the FIRST PRESEASON GAME . Mike Bibby 1-9 last night oh my ATL is in trouble youi guyus sound like straight up haters running in here with I told you so's it makes no sense . If both Duhon and Crawford made all their shots and had triple dubs it would stll be the 1st preseason game and I still would be saying its only the first preseason game.

You and your cronies agenda driven posts are ridiculous. Last year when the knicks started 4-3 in the preseason what did they do ? meanwhile the team they beat twice in the preseason Philly finished 2-4 how did they do when regular season started ? Preseason games mean nothing they are a warmup for the regular season and a chance for a team to experiment and work on different things .
Got a Gold Name Plate that says "I wish you would"
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 116

Post#394 » by TKF » Thu Oct 9, 2008 2:11 pm

2010 wrote:
TKF wrote:OT: I know it is preseason, but orlando is killing charlotte 50-16

Your boy LB whipping em into shape eh? Got em playin the right way! What's the over|under on the amount of time it takes him to start bichin about the roster (pg)...

LOL.. I think they will be fine. they may not even be that good this year, but You can guarantee they will be good before he is done...
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#395 » by TKF » Thu Oct 9, 2008 2:13 pm

evil_e wrote:
marbury2curry wrote:please keep him

You wouldn't like Bosh in '10? If this system is still in place by then and looks to be in place for the next 5-6 years (which I believe it will) Bosh is an excellent fit as a big man. He can run, he can shoot, he can block/alter some shots, he can pass and he is a WILLING LEADER. If we can't get Lebron or Wade, I'd love to have Bosh as a bronze medal.

I have no doubt this system will be in place in 2010. Walsh and D'antoni are not going anywhere. I would take bosh if we can't get wade or lebron. bosh would be perfect here, next to lee....
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#396 » by TKF » Thu Oct 9, 2008 2:17 pm

chitownsports4ever wrote:
god shammgod wrote:crawford 2-9
duhon 1-7

as i told you chitown, the worst shooting backcourt in the nba

and as I told you before when they are not the worst shooting backcourt you will disappear or make up some other excuse about why your prediction didnt come true. Of course the first game of the preseason proves you correct . You really are proud of yourself because they shot poorly in the preseason opener :lol: wow

yea, you can't use this one game as an indicator. but if that is the case, if people want to do that, then we can say, lee and zach will be one of the most productive frontcourts in the NBA? right? Hey, I can live with that....
NikeAir
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#397 » by NikeAir » Thu Oct 9, 2008 2:20 pm

He likes to be the "man" in Toronto and he has showed that he likes the fans more and more every season same with Wade, plus they are in two basketball crazed cities the only guy I think we can get is Lebron James who is more likely to go to Brooklyn
WadeKnicks2010
Lead Assistant
And1: 2

Post#398 » by WadeKnicks2010 » Thu Oct 9, 2008 2:35 pm

Not a bad game. It looks like David Lee has made a lot of improvements in his game, which is a good thing. Plus, Stephon looked as good out there as he's been in a year(might be because he hasn't played in nearly a year), and Crawford wont always be shooting like this. I can't wait to see Houston back, as well as Gallinari for his first game. Hopefully we can trade Eddy Curry and Jerome James for some expirings and really get this rolling.
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,487

Post#399 » by RHODEY » Thu Oct 9, 2008 3:02 pm

Lee is a great fit for this system. The fast breaking and enhanced ball movement magnifies his ability to finish around the basket with high efficiency. He also has an above average sensibility for passing and ball movement for a PF which will be accentuated in this offense. Though many of us have seen it all along, I think this is the year Lee breaks out of the "hustling rebounder" role player mold and becomes widely regarded as an impact player. Partly because of the system, and partly just because of increased minutes and a more prominent spot in the rotation.

The J is just gravy. He's always been able to hit it but he's never let it fly with confidence before. Let's see more of that, and less of Zach shooting 3s.
NyKnicks1714
RealGM
And1: 24,463

Post#400 » by NyKnicks1714 » Thu Oct 9, 2008 4:05 pm

If Crawford and Duhon don't comprise the worst shooting backcourt in the NBA, then who does? At best they're bottom 3. And I'm going by their careers, not one preseason game.

Return to New York Knicks