ImageImageImageImageImage

Dantoni states Galinari needs taste of reality (via Wiretap)

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,068

Re: Dantoni states Galinari needs taste of reality (via Wiretap) 

Post#21 » by GONYK » Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:05 pm

knicks742 wrote:I don't mind when players are not happy doing something that is required of them as long as they do it and try their best. God knows there are things I don't like doing at work but I need my check so I do them. As long as Gallinari goes without bitching too much and works hard down there if he is asked to go then I don't have a problem if he is not doing cartwheels about being away from the team.

Exactly. This is a kid who has been a pro for 4-5 years already, doing his thing against the top players in Europe, and doing it well. Imagine now he's being told that he will be starting on America's version of JV? Of course he will be against it. As long as he does it, plays like he's got something to prove, and comes back to the team focused and ready to contribute, who cares how he feels about it?

What do people want from him? To skip all the way down to Reno with a smile on his face when all his teammates are playing real games in the NBA? Please. Don't expect more of the kid than you do yourself.
cavsfan_osiris
Starter
And1: 4

Post#22 » by cavsfan_osiris » Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:23 pm

This dude has bust written all over him.
much respect to the 2011-2012 champions, Miami Heat, well deserved
Pedro Pistolas
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#23 » by Pedro Pistolas » Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:27 pm

cavsfan_osiris wrote:This dude has bust written all over him.

Why you're here?
Cavs board must be dead as lil zane's career
Pedro Pistolas
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#24 » by Pedro Pistolas » Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:32 pm

optimusADL wrote:He is a dam rookie.

If D'Antoni tell you you are going to the D-League then STFU and go.

Seems Delicato's ego is as fragile as his frame.

Its kind of sad because Anthony Randolph was killing yesterday against the Bucks. Dude had like 3 or 4 blocks before I fell asleep as half time.

D'Antoni hasn't said out right that Gallo is going straight to the D-league , you knucklehead
I bet Gallo doesn't even understand the D-league that's why he must of said that what he said..
HellsKitchen
Head Coach
And1: 0

Post#25 » by HellsKitchen » Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:16 pm

I can't wait to see everyone jump on his hog when this kid blows up.
I'm no pro scout, but he looks to me like he's got the skills to be an elite player.
5DOM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,811

Post#26 » by 5DOM » Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:56 pm

PistoL_D-iX wrote:

Why you're here?
Cavs board must be dead as lil zane's career

he's just getting used to what would be lebron's new home.
TheBluest
Banned User
And1: 8
Location: Lottery Bound...Banned From UK 2-11-09 @ 12:30 am by Martin LOL!

Post#27 » by TheBluest » Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:44 pm

LOL @ our fans

Patrick Ewing Jr. should STFU and not complain about getting PT in pre-season but....

Gallo complaining about going down to the D-League is ok because he's showing Solidarity with the team.

Remember Nichols complaining and some of us were like he's doing himself a disservice to when he had greater risk to never get back in the league but Gallo is declining a recommendation to go to the Farm Team so the he can get back with the team and it's no big deal?
eviL
Lead Assistant
And1: 12

Post#28 » by eviL » Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:49 pm

Just like everyone in the Cavs organization not named Lebron James.
method
RealGM
And1: 299

Post#29 » by method » Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:22 pm

chitownsports4ever wrote:I get the feeling Gallo doesnt really know what the D-league is but he still has time as the Reno doesnt play its first game until November 29th. There wont be much straight practice time starting in November because practices will be focused on gameplans .That means if you are behind it will be very difficult to catch up and Gallo is talking about 2 more weeks before he feels he will be ready to scrimmage . Thats when the season starts .....

I think they want to send him to the Reno training camp where Humphries would be installing Dantonis offense in training camp and Gallo can get reps with it right from the start.He goes through an extensive camp and then maybe 8 games just like preseason and that would put his big apple debut as around december 20th . Dantoni said he would want him to get 40 mpg down there so when he is called up he would be physically ready to go know the sets and should be in great game shape .

Agreed..he will go down for a rehab assignment thats all.
method
RealGM
And1: 299

Post#30 » by method » Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:26 pm

Explain if not GTFO.
TheBluest
Banned User
And1: 8
Location: Lottery Bound...Banned From UK 2-11-09 @ 12:30 am by Martin LOL!

Post#31 » by TheBluest » Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:08 am

method wrote:
chitownsports4ever wrote:I get the feeling Gallo doesnt really know what the D-league is but he still has time as the Reno doesnt play its first game until November 29th. There wont be much straight practice time starting in November because practices will be focused on gameplans .That means if you are behind it will be very difficult to catch up and Gallo is talking about 2 more weeks before he feels he will be ready to scrimmage . Thats when the season starts .....

I think they want to send him to the Reno training camp where Humphries would be installing Dantonis offense in training camp and Gallo can get reps with it right from the start.He goes through an extensive camp and then maybe 8 games just like preseason and that would put his big apple debut as around december 20th . Dantoni said he would want him to get 40 mpg down there so when he is called up he would be physically ready to go know the sets and should be in great game shape .

Agreed..he will go down for a rehab assignment thats all.

I hope it's because he doesn't understand because this would be the most beneficial thing for him to do considering his situation.
abuzz
Senior
And1: 82

Post#32 » by abuzz » Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:51 pm

Maybe his English comprehension is not too good and "going down to D-Lee" gives him the the wrong connotation especially, with that tasting bit.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,918

Post#33 » by cgf » Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:28 pm

Peanut wrote:^^^ Over-analyzing, are we?

We should've picked Gordon/Bayless. I was also high on a skinny guy not named Danilo, but named Anthony Randolph, however we let him slide aswell. We also passed on the Lopez twins.

A draft full of talent and we get this guy. Sorta reminds me of the 03 draft when we took Sweetney (Wasn't bad at the time. I think if we kept him, he would've been good. I love how many times he scored with the foul. Anyway, look how it turned out)

Danilo needs to shut the **** up and go to the D-league. The guy did nothing for the last 2 months because he barely got touched by Traylor. So he doesn't want to practice up here and don't want to play in the D-league. Makes me wonder if he loves basketball or just collecting money.

Don't say "the coaches are being cautious" if that's the case, they wouldn't be trying to get him on a court right now.

Why are there so many stupid people on here? I mean you seriously would rather have another undersized inconsistent shooting 2 guard (Bayless/Gordon), a much rawer and more athletic player similar to gallo minus the PG caliber handle or supersweet jumper (Randolph) or two stiff athletically or offensively challenged centers? (the Lopez twins)? Please tell me you also think Crawford, Marbury and Nate can play point guard, so you I know that you're opinion is utterly worthless and mis-informed.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 91,133

Post#34 » by Capn'O » Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:33 am

HellsKitchen wrote:I can't wait to see everyone jump on his hog when this kid blows up.
I'm no pro scout, but he looks to me like he's got the skills to be an elite player.

I don't know about elite... but I too am eager to watch the bandwagon form. I too will laugh.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,068

Post#35 » by GONYK » Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:39 am

cgf wrote:
Peanut wrote:^^^ Over-analyzing, are we?

We should've picked Gordon/Bayless. I was also high on a skinny guy not named Danilo, but named Anthony Randolph, however we let him slide aswell. We also passed on the Lopez twins.

A draft full of talent and we get this guy. Sorta reminds me of the 03 draft when we took Sweetney (Wasn't bad at the time. I think if we kept him, he would've been good. I love how many times he scored with the foul. Anyway, look how it turned out)

Danilo needs to shut the **** up and go to the D-league. The guy did nothing for the last 2 months because he barely got touched by Traylor. So he doesn't want to practice up here and don't want to play in the D-league. Makes me wonder if he loves basketball or just collecting money.

Don't say "the coaches are being cautious" if that's the case, they wouldn't be trying to get him on a court right now.

Why are there so many stupid people on here? I mean you seriously would rather have another undersized inconsistent shooting 2 guard (Bayless/Gordon), a much rawer and more athletic player similar to gallo minus the PG caliber handle or supersweet jumper (Randolph) or two stiff athletically or offensively challenged centers? (the Lopez twins)? Please tell me you also think Crawford, Marbury and Nate can play point guard, so you I know that you're opinion is utterly worthless and mis-informed.

Read Peanut's other posts before you waste time trying to engage him rationally

Return to New York Knicks