ImageImageImageImageImage

Gallo (won't go to D-League) starts scrimmage next week

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

HotPot
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Gallo (won't go to D-League) starts scrimmage next week 

Post#1 » by HotPot » Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:54 pm

http://www.nypost.com/seven/10202008/sp ... 134380.htm

Gallinari Won't Scrimmage Until Next Week
Posted: 10/20/2008 3:46:00 AM
Source: New York Post
Rookie Danilo Gallinari finally looked like part of the team at yesterday's open practice before 1,200 at Pace, doing stretching and running exercises with the club. But he still won't scrimmage or do contact drills with the team until next week.

Team president Donnie Walsh would like to avoid sending him to Reno of the Developmental League in November to get in game shape but D'Antoni knows how tough it will be.

"He's definitely behind, never played in the NBA," D'Antoni said. "He's still getting used to eating hamburgers instead of pasta."

D'Antoni still thinks he can make the rotation eventually. "I expect him to battle for it and in a couple of months he should be battling for it," said D'Antoni.

marc.berman@nypost.com

http://www.newsday.com/sports/basketbal ... 4470.story

Knicks uncertain about practice for Gallinari

BY ARTHUR STAPLE | arthur.staple@newsday.com
October 20, 2008

Knicks rookie Danilo Gallinari

Knicks rookie Danilo Gallinari missed all of training camp with a bulging disc in his back and he isn't likely to practice for at least a few more days. (AP Photo)

PLEASANTVILLE, N.Y. - When the subject of the Knicks' first-round pick comes up, Mike D'Antoni has been reduced to jokes.

Asked if he'd checked with Danilo Gallinari yesterday to see if the young Knick might be ready to do some practicing, D'Antoni cracked: "Yeah, we check his pulse every day. He's still breathing."

The new coach doesn't have much other material to work with regarding Gallinari, who didn't do anything other than shoot a few uncontested baskets during yesterday's open practice for 1,200 fans at Pace University.

D'Antoni had the day designed as a light workout anyway, with back-to-back preseason games coming up at New Jersey tonight and against the Celtics at Madison Square Garden tomorrow. But that just means at least two more days until Gallinari can be cleared to practice. A bulging disc in his back has kept him out for the entire preseason.
D'Antoni said adjusting to the Knicks' system is just one of the new things for the 20-year-old Italian. "He's definitely behind," the coach said, "but he's also getting used to hamburgers instead of pasta. It takes time."

Post edited.
xxrainnn
Lead Assistant
And1: 173

Re: Gallo (won't go to D-League) starts scrimmage next week 

Post#2 » by xxrainnn » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:14 pm

Hopefully you play somewhere other than New York, Jerome... GTFO
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 16,088

Post#3 » by stuporman » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:35 pm

So the guy celebrates a victory by wrapping himself in a garbage bag called himself filler?

There are just too many jokes in that how to pick just one..... :lol:
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
HotPot
Pro Prospect

Post#4 » by HotPot » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:42 pm

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baske ... and_r.html

Danilo Gallinari says he'll be back and ready to make an impact for Knicks

BY FRANK ISOLA
DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

Sunday, October 19th 2008, 9:05 PM
Danilo Gallinari hasn't played since July and the timetable for his return remains a mystery. But the Knicks' first-round pick, who has been sidelined with a back injury, vowed Sunday that he will have an impact on the team this season.

"I think I will have the time to play and show something," Gallinari says. "It will be a long year, a long season, I will have the time."

Gallinari, out since the first game of the Vegas Summer League with a bulging disk, is hoping to return to full contact drills within the next 10 days. Gallinari received his second cortisone injection two weeks ago and was encouraged by the results.

"I am getting better," he said Sunday following the Knicks' open practice at Pace University in Pleasantville.

Post edited.
eviL
Lead Assistant
And1: 12

Post#5 » by eviL » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:03 pm

"I see him as a small forward," D'Antoni said. "I don't think his body can take the beating right now. I see him out on the perimeter."

That's a huge 'stfu thank you' to Optimus and everyone else who wanted to start this kid as our power forward at some point this year.
HotPot
Pro Prospect

Post#6 » by HotPot » Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:50 am

evil_e wrote:
"I see him as a small forward," D'Antoni said. "I don't think his body can take the beating right now. I see him out on the perimeter."

That's a huge 'stfu thank you' to Optimus and everyone else who wanted to start this kid as our power forward at some point this year.

yep

Return to New York Knicks