ImageImageImageImageImage

the rotation and mardy

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Houston99
Analyst
And1: 409

the rotation and mardy 

Post#1 » by Houston99 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:01 am

ok dantoni has decided that he is going to have nine players in his rotation who do you think is going to be on there for sure.

marbury
crawford
lee
randolph
duhon
chandler
robinson
jeffries
collins

and what do you guys think bout putting mardy at the 2. i think him and duhon would be a good backcourt. we would have a fast and defensive backcourt.
mjhp911
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14

Re: the rotation and mardy 

Post#2 » by mjhp911 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:06 am

Dude, are you the guy that brings up this rotation thread every week? The 8 proven rotation guys in 'Antoni's system are: Dudu, JC, Q, Z-Bo, Lee, Nate, Marb, and Chandler. The consensus is, the 9th guy will probably be a situational guy. Right now, I think 'Antoni is deciding between: Mardy, Curry, and Malik. Hopefully, when they're healthy, Gallo and JSlim will enter into the equation. But only one of them will probably be that 9th guy. My money is on Gallo, because of his shooting, passing, and fit in the system. But I hope we don't rush him back in.
J0rdan4life42o
General Manager
And1: 263

Post#3 » by J0rdan4life42o » Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:13 am

I think the 8 man rotation is pretty much set in stone...

Duhon
Crawford
Richardson
Randolph
Lee
-------------
Robinson
Marbury
Chandler

It's a given that these 8 will see at least 25+ a night. Like it was said, there will be a 9th player, likely a situational player who should get time on a nightly basis, but could see an increase in minutes depending on matchups, foul trouble and other variables. I think that 9th guy will be Jeffries once he returns. If Gallo can impress early, then it'll be between him and JJ. I dont think Curry has what it takes to make this team. He'll be put on the block sooner or later or worst case scenerio is he demands a trade once he realizes he wont get PT on this team. It would be nice for Collins to get minutes, but right now, he's behind 3 guards and Jamal who should get the hang of things pretty soon (hopefully).
eviL
Lead Assistant
And1: 12

Post#4 » by eviL » Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:56 am

I love how everyone's mock rotations fail to include Curry. Curry is going to be part of the rotation off the bench because we are actively trying to trade him, he will be playing 15-20 minutes minimum whether he deserves those minutes or not.
mjhp911
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14

Post#5 » by mjhp911 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:15 am

evil_e wrote:I love how everyone's mock rotations fail to include Curry. Curry is going to be part of the rotation off the bench because we are actively trying to trade him, he will be playing 15-20 minutes minimum whether he deserves those minutes or not.

Better to keep your mouth shut, and only make people think you're stupid, rather than to open it, and remove all doubt.

:wink:

Nah, I'm not calling you stupid, evil. The above saying applies to Curry in this case, because the more we play him in this system, the more we devalue him. Every time he plays, his value goes lower. We should just hide him on the bench, and hope a team wanting low post scoring comes calling during the season. Besides, 'Antoni is just looking to win games. Not showcase our players for trades.
eviL
Lead Assistant
And1: 12

Post#6 » by eviL » Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:59 am

mjhp911 wrote:
evil_e wrote:I love how everyone's mock rotations fail to include Curry. Curry is going to be part of the rotation off the bench because we are actively trying to trade him, he will be playing 15-20 minutes minimum whether he deserves those minutes or not.

Better to keep your mouth shut, and only make people think you're stupid, rather than to open it, and remove all doubt.

:wink:

Nah, I'm not calling you stupid, evil. The above saying applies to Curry in this case, because the more we play him in this system, the more we devalue him. Every time he plays, his value goes lower. We should just hide him on the bench, and hope a team wanting low post scoring comes calling during the season. Besides, 'Antoni is just looking to win games. Not showcase our players for trades.

Ban yourself for goading me into an argument by calling me stupid! Good thing I'm kind enough to take the high road rather than lower myself to your standards. :eek2:

I agree with you that 'toni just wants to win, but I still think Curry will get minutes partially to play him into shape, to hope by some miracle he plays well and increases his value, and to keep him interested. If he became permanently glued to the bench, he's not the type to work his ass off to usurp whoever is getting his minutes. He'd be content with being a lard ass and collecting his pay. Is it possible for Curry's value to actually go any lower? Doubt it. I don't think any team is stupid enough to take Curry if he's rotting away on our bench. You know what, I don't think any team is stupid enough to take Curry if he were starting and putting up 15/8. We're probably stuck with him, he will probably not exercise his opt out, and will end up being Jerome James part 2.

Return to New York Knicks