ImageImageImageImageImage

Well the good news is Miami looks good..

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

DMan101
Senior
And1: 4

Post#1 » by DMan101 » Sat Nov 1, 2008 1:58 am

So maybe it was us.

Maybe we can win a few games

we'll still lose and get blown out

but winning is possible

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE
ChemicalBk.Tumblr.com
GuyverADL
Banned User
And1: 15

Re: Well the good news is Miami looks good.. 

Post#2 » by GuyverADL » Sat Nov 1, 2008 2:13 am

They played the Kings.

The Kings traded Artest for Donte Greene. They are in rebuild mode with Kevin Martin as their "star" player.

Are you for real?
Smoke24
RealGM
And1: 11

Post#3 » by Smoke24 » Sat Nov 1, 2008 2:34 am

Well at least thier "star" gives them consistant shooting at an above 50% clip most nights. Imagine we had that. One can only imagine. :cry:
DMan101
Senior
And1: 4

Post#4 » by DMan101 » Sat Nov 1, 2008 2:34 am

Dude I think we can be the best of the bad teams I'm talking 29-34 wins baby battaling with Miami, Sac Town, Indiana, NJ , Denver, n GS

*bumps #1 Spot by Ludacris
ChemicalBk.Tumblr.com
HNICII
Junior
And1: 0

Post#5 » by HNICII » Sat Nov 1, 2008 3:28 am

Miami really isn't a bad team. They had poor communication in the beggining of the game but picked it up towards the end. Too late of course.

And D. Cook is emerging as their legit sixth man. He did well tonight again
waya
RealGM
And1: 5,134

Post#6 » by waya » Sat Nov 1, 2008 3:38 am

We're two games into the season, people need to relax..
RutgersBJJ
General Manager
And1: 125

Post#7 » by RutgersBJJ » Sat Nov 1, 2008 3:50 am

We lost to a very good team, and we beat a bad team. Miami will not make the playoffs, Phili will. It would make sense for us to lose to a team that will actually make the playoffs, while win against a team that like us will not make the playoffs.

and Miami is bad. They have no front court depth. They only did well against us because we have the same problem, which is why they did well against Sactown. Sac has no front court. hawes sucks and they force feed him the ball.
RIP Jared Jeffries. Gone but never forgotten...2006-2012
DBurks2818
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,035

Post#8 » by DBurks2818 » Sat Nov 1, 2008 5:24 am

The difference between Miami in game 1 and Miami in game 2 is like night and day. They are by no means a bad team, and the win had less to do with them playing the Kings than you think.
mjhp911
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14

Post#9 » by mjhp911 » Sat Nov 1, 2008 6:28 am

Yes, I still expect Miami to make the playoffs. I also think Philly will end up being the best team in the East before all is said and done this season. So it's no shame to lose to them. BUT they way we lost was just AWFUL. No fight, no resistance, no spirit, no nothing. We bent over, spread our cheeks, and didn't even ask Elton to 'lube up. P!$$ poor effort. That is NOT acceptable. We need to make every team earn their wins against us.
supergallinari
Banned User

Post#10 » by supergallinari » Sat Nov 1, 2008 6:35 am

boston still looks like the best team in the east.

philly or raptors could either be at the top or bottom but both are locks to make the playoffs.

the other 3 teams are cavs, pistons, hawks

which pretty much gives us at least 2 good chances to make the playoffs

magic don't look good but it's early.

miami could be fighting with us for a seed.
KnicksScholar24
RealGM
And1: 287

Post#11 » by KnicksScholar24 » Sat Nov 1, 2008 7:39 am

DMan101 wrote:Well the good news is Miami looks good..

I LOL'd when there were people here suggesting that the Knicks should have not only beaten Miami in the first game, but should have blown them out. The Heat have so much more talent and skill than the Knicks is almost a joke. They have Wade, we have Crawford. They have Marion, we have Randolph. They have Beasley, we have Gallinari. They have Haslem/Banks, we have Lee/Robinson. They have Cook, we have Chandler. Ok, the last one is a wash.

The old "rookie year" Lee was better than Haslem, but this new "chuck the long range shoots up there" Lee is worse than "knows his role and how to play within that role" Haslem. Haslem can hit the J, but doesn't jack them up quite as much as this year's D-Lee. Sure, the Heat only won 15 games last season, but they were tanking. They really weren't a worse team than the Knicks.
It's hard being a Knicks fan...
nykfan70
Banned User

Post#12 » by nykfan70 » Sat Nov 1, 2008 1:59 pm

KnicksScholar24 wrote:

I LOL'd when there were people here suggesting that the Knicks should have not only beaten Miami in the first game, but should have blown them out. The Heat have so much more talent and skill than the Knicks is almost a joke. They have Wade, we have Crawford. They have Marion, we have Randolph. They have Beasley, we have Gallinari. They have Haslem/Banks, we have Lee/Robinson. They have Cook, we have Chandler. Ok, the last one is a wash.

The old "rookie year" Lee was better than Haslem, but this new "chuck the long range shoots up there" Lee is worse than "knows his role and how to play within that role" Haslem. Haslem can hit the J, but doesn't jack them up quite as much as this year's D-Lee. Sure, the Heat only won 15 games last season, but they were tanking. They really weren't a worse team than the Knicks.

Well, if you like MIami so much go root for them, and GTFO here.
BugsBunny
Rookie
And1: 2

Post#13 » by BugsBunny » Sat Nov 1, 2008 2:11 pm

nykfan70 wrote:
KnicksScholar24 wrote:

Well, if you like MIami so much go root for them, and GTFO here.

Well, is he wrong?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmmFq87lNTM
I think if HighRyzer gets into an accident and loses half his brain he will still be the smartest poster on this board. HighRyzer83 is the man!
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,957

Post#14 » by chitownsports4ever » Sat Nov 1, 2008 2:39 pm

Wait didnt the knicks beat the heat ? .... oh wait they did . The nba this year is looking like outside of the lakers and the celts road wins are gonna be hard to come by because the difference in the level of play in home and away games was pretty big in just about every game I watched .
Got a Gold Name Plate that says "I wish you would"

Return to New York Knicks