ImageImageImageImageImage

Sooo What Was The Point Of Drafting Gallinari?

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Paeds
Banned User
And1: 4

Re: Sooo What Was The Point Of Drafting Gallinari? 

Post#21 » by Paeds » Thu Nov 6, 2008 3:47 am

Alexander just flat out sucks...he didn't even have one good game in the SUMMER LEAGUE, thats horrible man. Randolph isn't going to play over Biedrins and Al Harrington, they are lightyears ahead of him so thats understandable. Lopez plays almost every game, and I was pretty sure Eric Gordon was playing

Your opinion doesnt change the Fact the Alexander was the #8 pick. Why can randolph ply BEHIND Biedrins and Harrington? Gordon is not playing
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 91,194

Post#22 » by Capn'O » Thu Nov 6, 2008 3:55 am

We drafted him in hopes that we might start the season 4-0.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 116

Post#23 » by TKF » Thu Nov 6, 2008 4:07 am

2010 wrote:Wait...I almost forgot...and he's Italian!

I find it funny how you will call someone's post baseless, and childish, and then you post this....

wow....
CharlesOakley
Veteran
And1: 2,487

Post#24 » by CharlesOakley » Thu Nov 6, 2008 4:16 am

Any good coach wants to set his young players up to succeed. This means putting them into positions to excel and have their confidence grow. The Rooster has moved to a new country, has been injured for a few months, needs to adjust to a new system and the faster pace of the NBA so lets just throw him to the wolves and have him log meaningful minutes right out of the gate. Brilliant!
xxrainnn
Lead Assistant
And1: 173

Post#25 » by xxrainnn » Thu Nov 6, 2008 5:58 am

I wanna see him play just as much as anybody believe me, but I guess it sucks that we've gotta be patient... I hope he doesn't disappoint.
mjhp911
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14

Post#26 » by mjhp911 » Thu Nov 6, 2008 6:51 am

Ugh, I'm starting to agree. I'd gladly exchange him for Augustin right now, if it also means we won't have Dudu...
RutgersBJJ
General Manager
And1: 125

Post#27 » by RutgersBJJ » Thu Nov 6, 2008 7:11 am

2010 wrote:
optimusADL wrote:Bustbrook and Love get burn. We arent a good team. Gallo should be playing.

Westbrook has actually been playing well so you need to change your little nic-name for him (Bestbrook). 11ppg, 3ast, 1stl in 22mpg is very solid.

on 41% shooting (terrible, except apparently if your name is Crawford) and 2.3 turnovers per game.

Those are not good numbers.
RIP Jared Jeffries. Gone but never forgotten...2006-2012
gavran
RealGM
And1: 7,317

Post#28 » by gavran » Thu Nov 6, 2008 8:26 am

2010 wrote:Cuz his dad is the coach's buddy! THE END...

Funny, D'Antoni said he didn't speak with Gallinari's father since they stopped being teammates....20 years ago....the bestest buddies.
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,871

Post#29 » by NoLayupRule » Thu Nov 6, 2008 11:21 am

blueNorange wrote:i'm beginning to question the iq of my fellow knick fans who watch the game and post on this forum.

welcome to the club.

it can be astounding sometimes.

people dont understand that you dont just throw a rookie in the mix. you develop him and bring him on in due time

every rookie, every team is different
VirginiaKnickFan
RealGM
And1: 2,849

Post#30 » by VirginiaKnickFan » Thu Nov 6, 2008 11:29 am

CharlesOakley wrote:Any good coach wants to set his young players up to succeed. This means putting them into positions to excel and have their confidence grow. The Rooster has moved to a new country, has been injured for a few months, needs to adjust to a new system and the faster pace of the NBA so lets just throw him to the wolves and have him log meaningful minutes right out of the gate. Brilliant!

+1 :nod:
Loisl
Veteran
And1: 187

Post#31 » by Loisl » Thu Nov 6, 2008 12:09 pm

Seems like we have a lot of prospects that cannot contribute from day one. So, if the rookies don't play that much, then why doesn't the NBA expand the rookie seasons to a time span of 2 or 3 seasons? The ROY would be crowned after that time. Makes more sense to me.
R.I.P. Mags - :beer:
Once a Knick, always a Knick.
nycefnl
Pro Prospect
And1: 125

Post#32 » by nycefnl » Thu Nov 6, 2008 12:12 pm

Him being injured brings out the mediocrity in David Lee's game. He's being exposed for what he is. A bench player. No defense no rebounding. Last night he let a 5'10" DJ Augustine take it to him. That was sad! Zbo does his think but Lee was like invisible. And he's still untradeable to Knicks fans.
donkki
Analyst
And1: 553

Post#33 » by donkki » Thu Nov 6, 2008 3:18 pm

Gallinari will be alright, he just needs time.
Johnny Hoops
RealGM
And1: 2,212

Post#34 » by Johnny Hoops » Thu Nov 6, 2008 3:52 pm

OooSplendiforous wrote:Pretty much every NBA team even the elite like Phoenix manage to play the guy they drafted....we on the other hand, don't. Since we couldn't get Mayo I was just waiting in anticipation to get Bayless...I know I'm gonna hear sht for this but Isiah was one of the best drafters in the league...he shouldve made the pick for Donnie

I have my doubts about Gallo but we really need to get him in shape and see him play before we go spider monkey on him.

He looks slow and awkward to me but I've heard a # of NBA people speak very highly of him.

Fran Friscillia who I respect said that had Gallo played in NCAA last year he would have dominated and scored +30 points a game.

I think Mike saw Gallo out there and realized his conditioning is really poor right now. I think they are working on cardio and strength right now. The best thing we can do is be absolutely sure we get him in tip top shape before running him out there again. It's a very long season -- lets hope the kid can play.
kosmovitelli
RealGM
And1: 429

Post#35 » by kosmovitelli » Thu Nov 6, 2008 4:24 pm

OooSplendiforous wrote:Pretty much every NBA team even the elite like Phoenix manage to play the guy they drafted....we on the other hand, don't. Since we couldn't get Mayo I was just waiting in anticipation to get Bayless...I know I'm gonna hear sht for this but Isiah was one of the best drafters in the league...he shouldve made the pick for Donnie

I agree 100%. I wish we had Isiah in 2005. He's such a good drafter, I'm sure he would have picked Bynum over Frye.

Damn it Donnie ! You really blew it ! Bring Isiah back !
I really wish Donnie was smart enough to trade picks for veterans like Isiah.
Isiah really knows how to use lotto picks.

2005 : Frye
2006 : lotto pick traded
2007 : lotto pick traded
HNICII
Junior
And1: 0

Post#36 » by HNICII » Thu Nov 6, 2008 5:47 pm

there's always a scenario every year where a top 10 pick plays little in their rookie season to then break out in their next. I'm hoping Gallo will be that pick this year.

But yes, it sucks to see that almost every player in the first round being able to contribute to their teams..even if its 5 minutes.
arenas809
Pro Prospect
And1: 75

Post#37 » by arenas809 » Fri Nov 7, 2008 3:14 pm

Johnny Hoops wrote:
OooSplendiforous wrote:Fran Friscillia who I respect said that had Gallo played in NCAA last year he would have dominated and scored +30 points a game.

Ya alright, even if that were true (which I don't believe) lighting up the NCAA means absolutely nothing.

Ask Morrison and Redick.

Return to New York Knicks