ImageImageImageImageImage

wire: SPURS interested in CURRY?

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

GnarlsOakley
Analyst
And1: 79

Re: wire: SPURS interested in CURRY? 

Post#41 » by GnarlsOakley » Fri Nov 7, 2008 7:13 pm

I suggested Eddy Curry to the Spurs SOOOOO long ago, i think it should be Curry for Bruce Bowen & Kurt Thomas, but Malik Rose would need to be involved too if it were a 3-team trade
Slimpack
Lead Assistant
And1: 83

Post#42 » by Slimpack » Fri Nov 7, 2008 7:20 pm

The Spurs won't trade for Curry. They're too well run for that.
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,871

Post#43 » by NoLayupRule » Fri Nov 7, 2008 7:32 pm

sol537 wrote:4-team trade...

NY gets harrington, spurs get curry, GS gets wallace, and charlotte gets filler

NoLayupRule wrote:the ideal trade for me would be this, what with all the rumors flying:

NY trades:
Jamal Crawford
Eddie Curry
Roberson

NY Recieves:
Ramond Felton
Al Harrington
Matt Bonner

CHA Trades:
Sean May
Ramond Felton
Gerald Wallace

CHA recieves:
Jamal Crawford
Kurt Thomas / Oberto
Marcus Williams
Ime Udoka

SA Trades:
Kurt Thomas / Oberto
Ime Udoke
Matt Bonner

SA Recieves:
Eddie Curry
Roberson

GSW Trades:
Marcus WIlliams
Al Harrington

GSW Recieves:
Gerald Wallace
Sean May

Reasons:

Cha -
Brown wants a change, as usual, and doesnt like May or Felton. Felton is expiring and would need to be resigned. Apparently Wallace is out too. They get Kurt Thomas/Oberto who fits well with Brown, their style and adds leadership. Hes also reasonable on the cap. They get Crawford who Brown loved and who can play the 1 or the 2 if DJ and richardson slide in and over. Marcus and Ime are totally Brown players too and Marcus provides BU at the 1 while Ime brings that Brown IQ and defense at the 2/3. Ime played for brown too.

SA - They apparently want Curry to get easy post scoring with the leadership and defense well established there. They can get him cheap too. Bonner, Ime and Kurt are easy losses for them.
They might have to make it Oberto not Thomas since they cant trade Thomas 'till the 15th of dec.

GSW - Harrington out and Wallace in. Good swap talent wise and character wise. Improvement probably for GSW. In Addition they get a solid if injury plagued prospect in May. Wlliams isnt playing and isnt in the future.\

NY - we sell Eddie cheap and lose Crawford but we get better balance and salary prospect. Felton is an upgrade at point and can play SG too. Harrington replaces Q in the startign lineup and Bonner probably wont play but if he did he'd be a big who hustles, bangs and shoots a solid 3ball spreading the floor. this is D'Antoni's kind of squad and finally there'd be the head of the snake we lack in Felton. However Felton is expiring so we'd have to resign him, as we'd have to do with Harrington soon, so the 2010 implications remain. We do get out from under Curry and Jamal's contracts however

Thoughts?
Buckeye-NBAFan
General Manager
And1: 4,538

Post#44 » by Buckeye-NBAFan » Fri Nov 7, 2008 7:39 pm

Big Chan wrote:Knicks trade:
Curry

Spurs trade:
Oberto
Bonner
Vaughn
Mahinmi
First round pick

We cut all but Mahinmi. We then essentially traded Curry for Mahinmi (your active big) and a pick

I like how you have the Spurs taking the 13th player on the Knicks bench to clear cap space for New York, and yet you still had the balls to including a 1st rounder going from SA to NY.

Well played sir.
xxrainnn
Lead Assistant
And1: 173

Post#45 » by xxrainnn » Fri Nov 7, 2008 7:43 pm

Pipedreaaaam.
SilentPartner
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#46 » by SilentPartner » Fri Nov 7, 2008 7:48 pm

just my .02 but a possible workable deal seems to be

Curry to Charlotte (he teams with Emeka for a sizeable frontcourt)
Gerald Wallace to GS (brings the length, athleticism that they prefer)
Al Harrington to NY (cheaper, athletic and his contract is shorter)
Afterall, stars aren't only born, sometimes they are made.
And the ones that are born with it that haven't shown it, only just need a stage. (MSG)
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#47 » by NoLayupRule » Fri Nov 7, 2008 7:51 pm

simple

possible.

I think however Brown might be against curry. he does however like Jamal quite a bit.

Since Felton is out of favor there Id like to try to expand the trade to include him too. hes solid
mjhp911
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14

Post#48 » by mjhp911 » Fri Nov 7, 2008 8:31 pm

optimusADL wrote:Knowing the Knicks' luck, Curry will turn into a 20/10 center and make us all look foolish.

Fixed.
HighRyzer83
RealGM
And1: 4,506

Post#49 » by HighRyzer83 » Fri Nov 7, 2008 9:09 pm

Curry for Harrington makes so much sense for us on so many levels. For one, We can solve our cap situation for 2010 and still keep Zach (if we want). Harrington expires in 2010, so if we can find a taker for either Crawford or Jeffries (hopefully both) we would have enought to sign LeBron and keep Zach.
HighRyzer83
RealGM
And1: 4,506

Post#50 » by HighRyzer83 » Fri Nov 7, 2008 9:11 pm

Also I would easily involve Lee if they also agree to take either Crawford or Jeffries for any k that expires before 2010. They can keep Felton
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#51 » by NoLayupRule » Fri Nov 7, 2008 9:13 pm

HighRyzer83 wrote:Also I would easily involve Lee if they also agree to take either Crawford or Jeffries for any k that expires before 2010. They can keep Felton

yeah maybee we can trade all our talent for cap relief and then be in agreat position to watch LBJ stay, Bosh stay, Wade stay and then overpay for a 3rd tier guy!!!
GuyverADL
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#52 » by GuyverADL » Fri Nov 7, 2008 9:19 pm

NoLayupRule wrote:
HighRyzer83 wrote:Also I would easily involve Lee if they also agree to take either Crawford or Jeffries for any k that expires before 2010. They can keep Felton

yeah maybee we can trade all our talent for cap relief and then be in agreat position to watch LBJ stay, Bosh stay, Wade stay and then overpay for a 3rd tier guy!!!

If I could trade Curry and Crawford in this deal it would be a no brainer.
baseline_jay
Junior
And1: 0

Post#53 » by baseline_jay » Fri Nov 7, 2008 10:57 pm

Curry seems to be a man of his words. He said if Isiah were fired, that he'd want to be traded.

Of course, he's asking to be traded because he's not starting / playing...but still at least he kept up his part of the ultimatum.

I don't buy that "knee problem" excuse the Knicks are saying. Curry's ego is bruised and he asked to be traded, so they're doing it within the next 2 weeks, as to not further drop his trade value by stating he DEMANDED a trade.

But, I would be pissed if we send Curry/Lee and get Harrington with no Center or SG coming back!

Return to New York Knicks