ImageImageImageImageImage

Wiretap:Bulls, Cavs And Nuggets Monitoring Randolph?

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

duetta
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,432

Re: Wiretap:Bulls, Cavs And Nuggets Monitoring Randolph? 

Post#121 » by duetta » Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:19 pm

chitownsports4ever wrote:These superstars are not going to go to a team that is not winning. If you believe that you are just setting yourself up for disappointment.

Thank you. Nobody wants to become the next Marbury - a guy who got paid, but also ripped mercilessly in the press, and booed in the arena. They money will be great anywhere.
duetta
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#122 » by duetta » Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:32 pm

Zerostatic wrote:
Lebron James
Kobe Bryant
Chris Bosh
Dwayne Wade
Yao Ming
Amare Stoudamire
Dirk Nowtizki
Paul Pierce
Tony Parker
Pau Gasol
Michael Redd
Andrei Kirilenko
Jason Richardson
Josh Howard
Richard Jefferson
Tyson Chandler
Peja Stojakovic

Other than the usual trio, the only player on that list that I have intense interest in is Yao Ming - and accordingly to Hoopshype, there is no player option at all, and he expires when Randolph's contract expires, in the summer 2011.
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,998

Post#123 » by god shammgod » Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:37 pm

duetta wrote:
chitownsports4ever wrote:These superstars are not going to go to a team that is not winning. If you believe that you are just setting yourself up for disappointment.

Thank you. Nobody wants to become the next Marbury - a guy who got paid, but also ripped mercilessly in the press, and booed in the arena. They money will be great anywhere.

if you have enough money for 2 players they might come. i remember when orlando got mcgrady and grant hill on a team that had no one. injuries ruined that team but they did get 2 free agents to sign. i think everybody is celebrating a little early. at the end of the season this team might still miss the playoffs. then what ? do you want to hold on these guys still ?
RutgersBJJ
General Manager
And1: 125

Post#124 » by RutgersBJJ » Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:58 pm

yes the magic is a great example. That summer they were supposed to get Duncan and Hill, but Duncan backed out, in what was probably the best move of his entire career.
RIP Jared Jeffries. Gone but never forgotten...2006-2012
Zerostatic
General Manager
And1: 537

Post#125 » by Zerostatic » Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:20 pm

duetta wrote:
Zerostatic wrote:
Lebron James
Kobe Bryant
Chris Bosh
Dwayne Wade
Yao Ming
Amare Stoudamire
Dirk Nowtizki
Paul Pierce
Tony Parker
Pau Gasol
Michael Redd
Andrei Kirilenko
Jason Richardson
Josh Howard
Richard Jefferson
Tyson Chandler
Peja Stojakovic

Other than the usual trio, the only player on that list that I have intense interest in is Yao Ming - and accordingly to Hoopshype, there is no player option at all, and he expires when Randolph's contract expires, in the summer 2011.
Really, so you wouldn't be interested in signing Amare and Kobe or Amare and Tony Parker?
onlyonesharky
Starter
And1: 0

Post#126 » by onlyonesharky » Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:44 pm

Zerostatic wrote:
duetta wrote:
Zerostatic wrote:
Lebron James
Kobe Bryant
Chris Bosh
Dwayne Wade
Yao Ming
Amare Stoudamire
Dirk Nowtizki
Paul Pierce
Tony Parker
Pau Gasol
Michael Redd
Andrei Kirilenko
Jason Richardson
Josh Howard
Richard Jefferson
Tyson Chandler
Peja Stojakovic

Really, so you wouldn't be interested in signing Amare and Kobe or Amare and Tony Parker?

I vote for Amare and Tony Parker myself from that list. Tyson Chandler fell off.
Let's give LEBRON the BLACK-AND-BLUE-PRINT!
duetta
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#127 » by duetta » Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:49 pm

Zerostatic wrote:Really, so you wouldn't be interested in signing Amare and Kobe or Amare and Tony Parker?

First off, Kobe is not walking away from Bynum and Gasol, especially to join the Knicks. Tony Parker...not paying him franchise player money, sorry - especially with no big men in the house. Amare...two more years of wear & tear on a reconstructed knee...risky, very risky.

So, yes, the only other player on that list that excites me is Yao.
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,998

Post#128 » by god shammgod » Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:52 pm

Zerostatic wrote:
duetta wrote:
Zerostatic wrote:
Lebron James
Kobe Bryant
Chris Bosh
Dwayne Wade
Yao Ming
Amare Stoudamire
Dirk Nowtizki
Paul Pierce
Tony Parker
Pau Gasol
Michael Redd
Andrei Kirilenko
Jason Richardson
Josh Howard
Richard Jefferson
Tyson Chandler
Peja Stojakovic

i think a choice has to me made if this team really wants to be a contender or it's just happy making the playoffs. if you keep everybody currently on the team and do well enough to not be in the lottery, then this is the team. you have to be realistic on how far it can go. guys like shaq, nash & duncan will be pretty old in 2010. it's very likely parker & amare will be looking to move on at that point and they're simply better players then zach & crawford. it's a risk but if you don't put yourself in position for it you can be assured that you'll only go so far.
baseline_jay
Junior

Post#129 » by baseline_jay » Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:11 pm

I will break your list into two parts, then break them down for you:

NOT BUILT NY TOUGH....
Zerostatic wrote:Lebron James
Chris Bosh
Yao Ming
Amare Stoudamire
Dirk Nowtizki
Pau Gasol
Tony Parker
Andrei Kirilenko
Andrei Kirilenko
Tyson Chandler
Peja Stojakovic

The media would rip these guys apart and their games would suffer. In the case of LBJ, he would be the one constantly complaining to the media. His would be all about publicity, then when they turn on him, he would ask for a trade. I am not impressed with any of the others except Amare and Yao... but Yao's body would not hold up -- No reason to gamble on that. So from that list, only LBJ. Bosh is a second-tier star and no way I make cost cutting moves to outright sign him. He's the guy you can S&T Craw, JC or Zach for if we don't trade them.

BUILT NY TOUGH

Zerostatic wrote:Kobe Bryant
Dwayne Wade
Paul Pierce
Michael Redd
Jason Richardson
Josh Howard
Richard Jefferson

These are the guys I would covet mainly because we lack a SIGNIFICANT TOUGH Wing Player. I worry about...

Kobe's prima dona-ness
Wade's durability
Paul Pierce's penchant for whining
Redd's lack of defense
JRich's knees
Josh's immaturity
RJeff's mouth always yapping
baseline_jay
Junior

Post#130 » by baseline_jay » Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:17 pm

Zerostatic.... the kind of blog posts LBJ would suffer daily, the way ARod suffers from fans....

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=852581

Return to New York Knicks