ImageImageImageImageImage

This is Chris Duhons team

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

HEZI
RealGM
And1: 26,893

This is Chris Duhons team 

Post#1 » by HEZI » Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:39 am

I didnt understand why Duhon was made captain at the start of the season, but its clear to me now. Hes the one guy on this team who truelly comes with discipline, IQ, poise, leadership and MikeD trusts him to run this team. Hes from Duke and played for Scott Skiles for a few years in Chicago, and its amazing to me how many guys on this team suffer from not having the discipline like this guy. Tonight I really wish MikeD took Nate out the game and sent him to the showers after he did some stupid immature dumb 5th grade shyt. He not only doesnt stop complaining to the refs like a little girl, but he gets into it with Duhon because Duhon didnt pass him the ball when he was open for 3, but he didnt see Duhon try to get it to him but the ball got tipped out of bounds. Duhon looked so pissed when Nate screamed at him and you could see Duhon try to explain to the immature little baby what happened. Then a few moments later, the Knicks get a fastbreak opportunity after Duhon got a steal, he passes to Nate and the Celtics only had Rondo back, and instead of Nate taking it to the hoop, he passes it back to QRich and the ball almost gets picked off by the guy running with QRich, luckily QRich got fouled and went to the line. This just shows that these guys still have so much to learn and I really hope MikeD disciplines these guys because they have been spoiled by Isiah for 3 years and its time to grow up kids.

Like I said this is Duhons team, and I know why MikeD doesnt want Marbury on the court, because his ego is too big to realize this.
DENVER NUGGETS
Kyrie Irving/Josh Green/Dennis Schroder
Demar Derozan/Gordon Hayward/Amir Coffey
Torrey Craig/Gary Harris/Cedi Osman
Jarace Walker/Larry Nance Jr./Dominick Barlow
Xavier Tillman/Charles Bassey/Nick Richards
ezmoney707
General Manager
And1: 2,756

Re: This is Chris Duhons team 

Post#2 » by ezmoney707 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:52 am

I def. think Duhon has been playing great and is showing great poise. I like when the C's hit a shot late he came right back down the floor and hit a quick three. He knows how to spread the floor out and get people in good spots and even gets his within the offense.
nyk2423
Analyst
And1: 4

Post#3 » by nyk2423 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:24 am

Like you said,this team needs DISCIPLINE!When ever things are going good players like Jamal,Q,and Zach tend to think that anything they throw up will go in and they shy away from what made us go on that run which is BALL MOVEMENT
DocZaius
Banned User
And1: 56

Post#4 » by DocZaius » Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:28 am

you cant win when Chris Duhon is your best and most complete player...
StutterStep
RealGM
And1: 58

Post#5 » by StutterStep » Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:33 am

It's funny how the last two games, the poor play of JC coupled with Nate is what has killed us. Nate's numbers and percentages look decent tonight, but nowhere near the effect he was having in earlier games.

I wonder if what little success we had went to their heads. That would be a shame!
HEZI
RealGM

Post#6 » by HEZI » Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:36 am

DocZaius wrote:you cant win when Chris Duhon is your best and most complete player...

Hes neither actually. Best player is probably Randolph. Most complete is Wilson Chandler.
DENVER NUGGETS
DocZaius
Banned User
And1: 56

Post#7 » by DocZaius » Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:40 am

SMAC-K wrote:
DocZaius wrote:you cant win when Chris Duhon is your best and most complete player...

Hes neither actually. Best player is probably Randolph. Most complete is Wilson Chandler.

He's our most complete in terms of basketball intelligence combined with basketball skill and with intanglibles.

He's our only 2 way player (until Chandler gets to go back to the 3 because he's awful defensively at PF).
HEZI
RealGM

Post#8 » by HEZI » Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:47 am

DocZaius wrote:
SMAC-K wrote:

He's our most complete in terms of basketball intelligence combined with basketball skill and with intanglibles.

He's our only 2 way player (until Chandler gets to go back to the 3 because he's awful defensively at PF).

I agree with everything you just said.

Especially with Chandler going back to the 3. If our Center was somebody like Amare or Al Horford then I think it might work, but right now its not working. We need to put Chandler back to the 3, QRich to the bench, Zach to the 4 and we need to get a big guy to play Center who can actually jump and block some shots and dunk the ball.
DENVER NUGGETS
knicks742
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 22

Post#9 » by knicks742 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:01 am

Exactly. In the last 2 games he is been taking the big shots at the end of games because apparently the rest of the team is incapable of running the same plays they run in the first quarter, in the fourth quarter with the game on the line. He is being asked to do something that he shouldn't have to do at his skill level hence why I am starting to feel good about my 32 win prediction again.
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 116

Post#10 » by TKF » Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:25 am

good thread smack, and I agree, but thisis why duhon was instilled at PG. You have to start somewhere, and the best place is the PG, who is supposed to be the coach out on the floor, or an extension of the coach.. We know this team is not a finished product, but having duhon will be great for guys like chandler and gallo and in the end, those guys are our future at this point...

Return to New York Knicks