ImageImageImageImageImage

open apology to zach..

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,269

Re: open apology to zach.. 

Post#21 » by Luv those Knicks » Fri Dec 5, 2008 7:05 am

Good post TKF and I think you're right.

Zach gave good effort, especially early on last year. Later on, as the losses kept piling up, less so, but that could be said for everyone else on the team not named Crawford or Lee.

and this year, he was great. He did everything we asked and he played against centers every night.

I wish Zach the best.

Paeds wrote:The funny thing is I was way ok with the Crawford trade because Garrington is just as good and young with a shorter contract but I wasnt elated with trading Zach although I respect the long term goal

Yeah, that's true too.

If NY had stopped at the Crawford trade, we'd be a playoff team.

PG: Duhon/Mardy
SG: Nate/Roberson
SF: Chandler/Q Rich
PF: Al Harrington / Lee
C: Zach/Lee

Extra man - Jeffries.

That's a playoff team. Probably a first round exit, but with Lee, Jeffries, Q-Rich off the bench and a balanced rotation, that's pretty good.

but you replace Zach with Timmy and make Roberson the only guard off the bench and you've got a Tweener heavy, guard light, poor rebounding lineup.

I completely understand the logic. Start wining in 2010, not now, but for this season, trading Zach for TImmy is a loss
Embiid wanted to win so badly, he deliberately injured Mitchell Robinson.

Classy.
Flaming Mo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 225

Post#22 » by Flaming Mo » Fri Dec 5, 2008 11:05 am

TKF wrote:I have been hard on zach for years, even in his days in portland. And when he came here, I didn't want him here,but I gave him a chance , being the knick fan that I am. Even with that, I still kept an eye on zach and wanted him gone. I never denied he was a great talent, but just not right for this team.

So I will say this. Zach has handled himself like a pro from day 1. He came in and lived up to the billing as a 20/10 beast, and was off to a great start under D'antoni. Other than his little water throwing spat with nate, this guy has been great. He is a real pro, an assasin and is a mentally tough guy, who won't back down.

Here is a quote from Z-bo

"Everybody was great, Coach D'Antoni was great," Zach says. "This year we got off to the best start in six or seven seasons, so it was good. It was a good experience."

I will say, that this guy has been nothing but a pro here.. I wish he and jamal the best of luck, and I apologize for being so hard on a guy, who came and did what was asked of him in a professional manner..

Good post and a classy quote by Zach. What was frustrating with Zach was his stupid and egoistic play from time to time but that's just how it is when you are a scorer. He had his flaws but overall we can't fault his effort night in and night out and that's something that we couldn't say about everyone on this team in recent years... sad but true. HIs attitude of never backing down would have fit well here, unfortunately he was here at the wrong time. And he should use his mentality and aggressivness on defense but whatever. I wish him well, I was hard on him, too, many times actually, but he was as we say "a good soldier"...
Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies...
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 116

Post#23 » by TKF » Fri Dec 5, 2008 3:31 pm

Luv those Knicks wrote:Good post TKF and I think you're right.

Zach gave good effort, especially early on last year. Later on, as the losses kept piling up, less so, but that could be said for everyone else on the team not named Crawford or Lee.

and this year, he was great. He did everything we asked and he played against centers every night.

I wish Zach the best.

Paeds wrote:The funny thing is I was way ok with the Crawford trade because Garrington is just as good and young with a shorter contract but I wasnt elated with trading Zach although I respect the long term goal

Yeah, that's true too.

If NY had stopped at the Crawford trade, we'd be a playoff team.

PG: Duhon/Mardy
SG: Nate/Roberson
SF: Chandler/Q Rich
PF: Al Harrington / Lee
C: Zach/Lee

Extra man - Jeffries.

That's a playoff team. Probably a first round exit, but with Lee, Jeffries, Q-Rich off the bench and a balanced rotation, that's pretty good.

but you replace Zach with Timmy and make Roberson the only guard off the bench and you've got a Tweener heavy, guard light, poor rebounding lineup.

I completely understand the logic. Start wining in 2010, not now, but for this season, trading Zach for TImmy is a loss

THANKS and this is why I have no love for what marbury is doing. Zach for a few games came off the bench, his names were constantly in trade talks, he never came out and said, start me or buy me out, or trade me and get it over with. NO not one word, instead he came out, played hard and put up good numbers. This year, I think zach knew he was going to get traded, he knew of our plans to get under the cap, I mean that is almost leaguewide knowledge.. LOL.. he didn't let that affect him, and just played. And when he left, he did so with respect from both sides....
Red Vines
RealGM
And1: 8,575

Post#24 » by Red Vines » Fri Dec 5, 2008 3:38 pm

All I have to say is Cuttino better contribute and we better be competitive in 2010 or else this was one horrible trade. I hate to see Randolph go for Tim Thomas. God.
xxrainnn
Lead Assistant
And1: 173

Post#25 » by xxrainnn » Fri Dec 5, 2008 3:43 pm

^ Doubt Cuttino is going to play.. dude will retire freeing up a roster spot for PEJ prolly...
Red Vines
RealGM
And1: 8,575

Post#26 » by Red Vines » Fri Dec 5, 2008 3:49 pm

xxrainnn wrote:^ Doubt Cuttino is going to play.. dude will retire freeing up a roster spot for PEJ prolly...

Then we better get a stud in 2010 and be making the playoffs because we just gave up a 20/10 guy for nothing so far.
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,269

Post#27 » by Luv those Knicks » Fri Dec 5, 2008 4:47 pm

Red Vines wrote:
xxrainnn wrote:^ Doubt Cuttino is going to play.. dude will retire freeing up a roster spot for PEJ prolly...

Then we better get a stud in 2010 and be making the playoffs because we just gave up a 20/10 guy for nothing so far.

I feel what you're saying Vines, cause I was starting to like this team and the Zach trade made me like what we're putting on the floor a lot less.

But it's called rebuilding. We get a better pick in 2009, we have cap space in 2010, and there are no guarantees, but probably it works out in the long run.
Embiid wanted to win so badly, he deliberately injured Mitchell Robinson.

Classy.
markdeez33
RealGM
And1: 2,192

Post#28 » by markdeez33 » Sat Dec 6, 2008 12:17 am

I hope Zach tears it up with the Clippers, I wish this guy could play for a contender. He'd be so nice on a team like Dallas or Cleveland.

Imagine if he was on a team like the Spurs next to Duncan? What a front court that would be.

We'll miss ya Zach! Thanks for 1 season & 1/4 we appreciate your hard work and your professionalism while you were apart of the circus that is the Knicks.
StutterStep
RealGM
And1: 58

Post#29 » by StutterStep » Sat Dec 6, 2008 3:42 am

21/5 tonight on 10 for 16 but he 5to's

They lost to the Grizz though...Dunleavy the GM needs to fire Dunleavy the Coach...

...wow that sounds like last year's Knicks!

Return to New York Knicks