ImageImageImageImageImage

TKF Keys to the win....

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

StutterStep
RealGM
And1: 58

Re: TKF Keys to the win.... 

Post#41 » by StutterStep » Sun Dec 7, 2008 10:53 pm

SMAC-K wrote:But your ignoring Wilsons ability to guard SGs and do those things. Your saying you dont like a SF running around screens chasing his defender but Wilson is not a SF, Im telling you hes a SG. I have a huge problem with QRich chasing guys around screens and guarding SGs, he cant do it. Hes not quick enough and gets burned by smaller guards and taller guards. Wilson Chandler is a much better guard defender than people think right now, but if you watch him closely you would notice that his size, strength and quickness is a huge problem for other SGs. Even when he gets beat, his recovery is good. Does he still commit bad fouls, yeah sure hes basically a rookie this year, but he would do that at any position, but he seems to make less mistakes guarding SGs than any other position.

Fair enough... I try to mention Q as little as possible; he's the reason Chandler has to play/guard SGs. :D
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 116

Post#42 » by TKF » Sun Dec 7, 2008 11:02 pm

kosmovitelli wrote:
TKF wrote:Overall, knicks looked great in the first half, on both sides of the ball, the ball movement, the shooting, rebounding and defense was great. we just need to find out how to keep that for 4 quarters.

Yep. Lee was a monster in the rebounding department. We looked a bit exhausted in the second half, Duhon played 48 minutes. We made some stupid turnovers in the second half (including one really stupid by Lee), took some ill-advised shots and we have let the Pistons get back in the game.
The Pistons also helped us as Rip was pretty stupid with his ejection and I thought it was a the grandfather of Rasheed Wallace instead of Sheed himself ! LOL

We don't have enough bodies and confidence to keep the ball movement, shooting and defense for all four quarters. We really need another guard or at least Nate back. We also need Al Harrington to remain focused and effective for 48 minutes. He wasn't in the game during the first half.

Anyway, I'll take the win against a good eastern team and I'm confident we can beat the Bulls on tuesday.

we do need another guard and we need gallo to play, because this kid is supposed to be another ball handler, decision maker and shooter, but he won't help us for a while it seems..
TheBigBoss
RealGM
And1: 3,837

Post#43 » by TheBigBoss » Tue Dec 9, 2008 10:35 am

SMAC-K wrote:
StutterStep wrote:It worked today and I am wondering if it was because the Pistons were not truly running their offense. I mean they looked out of sync, and we had a lot to do with that...but I seriously don't like putting a natural SF at any other position, esp. one that has him running through screes all day, and def. not PF where he was banging down low way too much.

But your ignoring Wilsons ability to guard SGs and do those things. Your saying you dont like a SF running around screens chasing his defender but Wilson is not a SF, Im telling you hes a SG. I have a huge problem with QRich chasing guys around screens and guarding SGs, he cant do it. Hes not quick enough and gets burned by smaller guards and taller guards. Wilson Chandler is a much better guard defender than people think right now, but if you watch him closely you would notice that his size, strength and quickness is a huge problem for other SGs. Even when he gets beat, his recovery is good. Does he still commit bad fouls, yeah sure hes basically a rookie this year, but he would do that at any position, but he seems to make less mistakes guarding SGs than any other position.

I have been holding back on saying this, but Wilson reminds me of a bigger, stronger, more athletic Allan Houston, but not as good of a shooter or ballhandler(not that Houston was a great ballhandler, but he knew how to use his dribble to create space to get his shot off). I always felt that Houston could have averaged 25+ PPG if he had developed a move to slash to the basket, which would have also put him on the line more where he was practically automatic. The way Wilson settles for the jumper, rather than slash to the basket for a monsterous dunk ala Ariza,reminds me of him a bit. Houston like Wilson could get off the ground for nice dunks, but they settle for jumpers and never use it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIikRch1LWw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkZGrAA2iz4&NR=1
prophet_of_rage
RealGM
And1: 6,653

Post#44 » by prophet_of_rage » Tue Dec 9, 2008 12:40 pm

I think every team has learned by now to kill the Pistons with the pick and roll. :)

Return to New York Knicks