ImageImageImageImageImage

question about all the PEJ talk

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Esq-4
Veteran
And1: 318

question about all the PEJ talk 

Post#1 » by Esq-4 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:37 am

I'm all for the guy, if no other reason then honoring the Big Fella. But realistically, why do we really need?

This team is hilarious right now, particularly during the stretches where we are all SF's. JJeff, TT, QRich, Al, Will lineups. I mean I love what we are doing and the change in culture, but we have those 5 SF's (who are all versatile and can play other spots, obviously) plus Gallo on the bench injured, yet no backup pg, only 2 guards in general (Nate and Duhon), and no C (Lee is a PF and Curry and James are wastes).

Like I said I'm still cool w/ PEJr, but where/when does he play?

sorry if our team of all SFs has been discussed previously.

And FYI, i'm not new to the board, but for some reason I can't sign in under my old name so I went with this instead.
StutterStep
RealGM
And1: 58

Re: question about all the PEJ talk 

Post#2 » by StutterStep » Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:39 am

He's a feel good story. Chances are we get a backup PG only if it looks like Nate's injury is lingering. The first priority is to get a pure shooter.

...now STFU ballboy.. you should know the rules about starting threads...
duetta
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,674

Post#3 » by duetta » Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:39 am

Well, the talk on this board this summer was that Ewing had as good an upside as Balkman. So...I have no idea what the fascination with this kid is about...
Esq-4
Veteran

Post#4 » by Esq-4 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:48 am

Esq-4 wrote:I'm all for the guy, if no other reason then honoring the Big Fella. But realistically, why do we really need?

This team is hilarious right now, particularly during the stretches where we are all SF's. JJeff, TT, QRich, Al, Will lineups. I mean I love what we are doing and the change in culture, but we have those 5 SF's (who are all versatile and can play other spots, obviously) plus Gallo on the bench injured, yet no backup pg, only 2 guards in general (Nate and Duhon), and no C (Lee is a PF and Curry and James are wastes).

Like I said I'm still cool w/ PEJr, but where/when does he play?

sorry if our team of all SFs has been discussed previously.

And FYI, i'm not new to the board, but for some reason I can't sign in under my old name so I went with this instead.

StutterStep wrote:He's a feel good story. Chances are we get a backup PG only if it looks like Nate's injury is lingering. The first priority is to get a pure shooter.

:wave: :pityfool: :dontknow:
StutterStep
RealGM
And1: 58

Post#5 » by StutterStep » Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:52 am

Esq-4 wrote:
Esq-4 wrote:And FYI, i'm not new to the board, but for some reason I can't sign in under my old name so I went with this instead.

StutterStep wrote:He's a feel good story. Chances are we get a backup PG only if it looks like Nate's injury is lingering. The first priority is to get a pure shooter.

If you are a vet as you claim, then you know the standard greeting is STFU, so I was only kidding about it.
OoAnd1
Head Coach
And1: 14

Post#6 » by OoAnd1 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:52 am

StutterStep wrote:
Esq-4 wrote:
Esq-4 wrote:And FYI, i'm not new to the board, but for some reason I can't sign in under my old name so I went with this instead.

If you are a vet as you claim, then you know the standard greeting is STFU, so I was only kidding about it.

And he would have known it was a joke. He may have another username... but a vet he is not.
jackg22
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#7 » by jackg22 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:08 pm

It's a good story though. And it brings the crowd to their feet. That's something Donnie will want since we're basically supposedly waiting 2 years til we get our real team.

Everyone says we totally overrate our youngsters but we just really wanna see them develop. I know I'd be way more excited about seeing Ewing Jr getting garbage minutes than I would be about Q Rich doing... well, anything.
DE FENSE
RealGM
And1: 2,691

Post#8 » by DE FENSE » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:45 pm

I have to agree with the OP. We are just loaded at his position, and he's not good enough to get minutes over any of those guys. Mobley's spot should go to a guard or center. EwJr should stay in the NBADL until the Marbs situation is figured out.
NYKAL
General Manager
And1: 2,157

Post#9 » by NYKAL » Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:02 pm

StutterStep wrote:
Esq-4 wrote:

hahaha 2nd obligatory STFU
Esq-4
Veteran

Post#10 » by Esq-4 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:26 am

you can look me up, non frequent poster. JAX. Been on the boards since at least '04. Just never got into all the dump STFU and crap. That's cool though, no offense taken.

Peace.
richardhutnik
Banned User
And1: 10

Post#11 » by richardhutnik » Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:49 am

If you don't like him chatting, load him up in the trade checker and ship him off to Houston for Weis:
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=860859

- Rich
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies." - G. Marx
darkjedi4z
Sixth Man
And1: 47

Post#12 » by darkjedi4z » Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:37 pm

I agree. I'm not sure why everyone's so in love with him. It's nice to see the name Ewing again, but right now we are jampacked at the forward spot. We need guards and a defensive center.

Return to New York Knicks