ImageImageImageImageImage

TKF's keys to the loss.. warning.. bitter tone

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

towelie
Lead Assistant
And1: 38

Re: TKF's keys to the loss.. warning.. bitter tone 

Post#21 » by towelie » Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:54 am

Shaq and Amare. 'Nuff said. We need a true big man in the worst way possible.

^ Pretty much it. We do well against teams that play small ball with us like Golden State, or teams who don't have any inside presence like Sacramento or Washington.

But against Shaq and Amare? We really can't expect much more from David Lee and Wilson Chandler. When we doubled Shaq, he passed out for the open 3. We resorted to hack-a-Shaq, and he actually made his FT's. Our two bigs consequently fouled out when we needed them in crunch time.

But yeah, even then, I'm surprised we kept the game so close, especially when we couldn't hit a timely 3 at all.
SoCal Knicks
Junior
And1: 0
Location: Proudly sporting the blue and orange in Laker land.

Post#22 » by SoCal Knicks » Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:54 am

It was a good game, just our threes weren't dropping. I just hope they didn't blow their wad trying to win this one and show up in and get blown out.
aNYthing
Senior
And1: 2

Post#23 » by aNYthing » Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:54 am

Wow i cant fkin believe Shaq was making his FTs Smh.....

Anyways shooting 5-37 from behind the arc is not going to get it done.We all know that if we aint hitting our shots we'll struggle and most likely get blowned out....But somehow I loved the way the guys hung around and play hard but we just wasnt able to get those timing hoops....

And the Reffs,ohh mann,they were terrible all night long...
StutterStep
RealGM
And1: 58

Post#24 » by StutterStep » Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:55 am

NyKnicks1714 wrote:
StutterStep wrote:
NyKnicks1714 wrote:You forgot to call Nash, Barbosa, JRich, Hill, Shaq, Barnes, Amare, and Amundson clowns. I will also accept bums or scrubs.

Though we disagree on everything, I like you as poster...but you gotta know when to tone down the act. Seriously what did YOU THINK OF TONIGHT'S GAME?

First off, it was a joke. Second of all, you definitely don't like me as a poster.

I actually do, and that's why I even bother debating you. I don't like your opinions and that's why I hit you back so hard in my posts.

When I don't like a poster, I either ignore them or cuss them out whenever possible.
GuyverADL
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#25 » by GuyverADL » Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:55 am

TKF wrote:First of all, I am not going to be a good sport and give credit to the suns on this one. I have every reason not to... Now I can't blame the refs for the knicks shooting 5-37 from three, but the questionable officiating and shaqs voodoo FT shooting did us in....

keys:

Cold al: 8-22 was not a good night, although he scored 24 pts he was off, but he was impressive on defense tonight playing both the post and the perimeter on nash. Had he been a little better tonight, we could have won...

Chandler: fouled out, but had to play the bigger amare tonight. tough cover. 15/7 not bad considering his assignment, missed some open shots, but I can't fault his effort.

Lee: He also fouled out but he was guarding shaq, who had carte blanche to hack, push, comeover the back and walk. 15/12 for lee, good game, just overmatched.. He played hard...

Q: no need posting his numbers, we have to get a SG who can produce consistently. I hate ragging on the guy, he does play hard, but he is just not effective enough to play big minutes..

Nate: almost saved the game. 27/9/5 monster game, he was all over the place. I really enjoyed his energy.. great game nate..

Duhon: not a great game, he looked a little heavy legged 7/9, not a bad game, but we needed more tonight. He too had a tough assignment... vs nash..

Tim thomas: 9/1.. 1 board. wow this guy, I don't know. if he is not shooting a three, he seems unable to hit a regular jumper, we have to get more from him.

tonight was a game we should have won, we were fighting back all night and we were just 1 big shot from closing the lead and putting ourselves in a real position to win... The suns got the beneift of some amazing calls, some amazing FT shooting(enjoy it, shaq is not doing that crap again) some horseshoe shots(amare's 3 at the buzzer and his backbreaking rebound that fell right in his hands for the putback), some blind officiating(shaq dribbles the ball on the "S" of the suns logo, they give them the ball and call a Tech on harrington... :lol: The suns just had size on us, that is it.. size... nothing else.. I am really bitter about this loss, very winnable game. We didn't make enough plays and hit enough shots, that is true, but we still played hard and gave ourselves a shot to win.too bad we didn't get at least one of those critical calls, and non calls...

11-13

Lakers tomorrow.......... oh boy....

TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 116

Post#26 » by TKF » Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:56 am

StutterStep wrote:
NyKnicks1714 wrote:You forgot to call Nash, Barbosa, JRich, Hill, Shaq, Barnes, Amare, and Amundson clowns. I will also accept bums or scrubs.

Though we disagree on everything, I like you as poster...but you gotta know when to tone down the act. Seriously what did YOU THINK OF TONIGHT'S GAME?

ok, I will edit my post after I read hi s reply, but I am not going for the bait anyway.. It is known I am a fan of nash, and amare especially..
HEZI
RealGM
And1: 26,893

Post#27 » by HEZI » Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:56 am

madvillian wrote:Didn't watch the game but I can totally picture what you said happening. I'm sick of the "superstar" treatment for Shaq, the guy isn't 27 anymore, he is a role player, don't give him the benefit of the doubt.

great recap.

Dude just pushes people out the way for rebounds and travels when he tries to post up, I wouldnt be surprised if David Lee doesnt play tomorrow because of a hernia, the guy carried Shaq on his back all game
DENVER NUGGETS
Kyrie Irving/Josh Green/Dennis Schroder
Demar Derozan/Gordon Hayward/Amir Coffey
Torrey Craig/Gary Harris/Cedi Osman
Jarace Walker/Larry Nance Jr./Dominick Barlow
Xavier Tillman/Charles Bassey/Nick Richards
RealGM
And1: 39,218

Post#28 » by 2010 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:59 am

I think it's a joke that Terry Porter is running the offense through Shaq. I mean, if I was Amare I'd be mad as phucc too! This guy is ancient, slow and borderline average now. He was having trouble with DAVID LEE guarding him one-on-one. Do you realize how sad that is for a player like Shaq????

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
GuyverADL
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#29 » by GuyverADL » Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:59 am

SMAC-K wrote:
madvillian wrote:Didn't watch the game but I can totally picture what you said happening. I'm sick of the "superstar" treatment for Shaq, the guy isn't 27 anymore, he is a role player, don't give him the benefit of the doubt.

great recap.

Dude just pushes people out the way for rebounds and travels when he tries to post up, I wouldnt be surprised if David Lee doesnt play tomorrow because of a hernia, the guy carried Shaq on his back all game

Lee is BARELY a PF and you crying because Shaq was getting him all night. You play small ball against Shaq and thats whats going to happen.

I guess Shaq should have played on the perimeter since we dont have a center. :roll:
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#30 » by TKF » Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:01 am

2010 wrote:This one made me proud...even though we lost. Them boys had their 3pt shot desert them tonight in the desert but they still competed HARD and I gotta respect that. This team never gives up. They were exhausted at the end, BOTH TEAMS. It was like watching Rocky with Apollo in the 15th round both legs wobbly going toe-to-toe, nobody wanting the decision...both wanting to win badly by KO out there throwing haymakers, sadly the Knicks (Rocky) just couldn't connect. We went the distance though and fought off a team that played just as hard, is more talented and we fought off the ineptitude of the refs. I'm proud of our boys tonight fellas. An Isiah team would have folded like a beach chair.

Big Al: I can't fault him, yeah his shot was off but boy this dude is a competitor. He SHUT NASH DOWN and he got some timely hoops by going to the rack on a night when he left his jumper in Sactown. He still played hard and I'm growing to love Al. He seems like a traditional Knick in a way to me. Iono, I can't call it.

Nate: Love the effort, the energy, kept us in the game and there's nobody in the league who can stop this guy on offense. When he has a bad game it's because he stops himself!

Chandler: Another one who showed guts and played his heart out. He's starting to go stronger to the whole too. Refs killed him with a few bogus charges though.

Lee: Toughest assignment all night and came up with a valient effort. Lee competed, did the best he could against M.D.E. and still got his double-double. Nothing for DLee to be ashamed of tonight.

Duhon: Seems worn out and tired. No legs on his shot. I think the minutes have taken it's toll on him.

Q: This guy needs to go. He plays hard but his big mouth pisses me off and is a detriment. I don't like his "chest poked out" attitude and he needs to find himself with a reduced role FAST. I'd sign Demetris Nichols and start him at SG over Q. At least he'll hit a damn shot!

even though we shot the three bad tonight, I think the suns beat us with size, other than that, I don't think they beat us at all tonight.. But hey what do you think of Al vs amare.. Now I am a huge amare fan, but Al other than being an inch smaller he brings a dimension that amare doesn't... As much as I like amare, I am not sure I take him over bosh.. can't believe I said that...
NyKnicks1714
RealGM
And1: 24,457

Post#31 » by NyKnicks1714 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:02 am

Anyways, it's well documented that I hate when people blame refs. I think there have been only 1 or 2 games that were losses which were close down the stretch in which people DIDN'T complain about the officiating. There is a very strong correlation there, it's not a coincidence.

We lost this game because of 3 point-shooting, period. There are going to be nights like that in this type of system, especially when all your shooters are career 35-36% shooters from the 3 point line. It's that simple, 40% from 3 isn't going to happen every night. Happy Stutter?
TheBluest
Banned User
And1: 8
Location: Lottery Bound...Banned From UK 2-11-09 @ 12:30 am by Martin LOL!

Post#32 » by TheBluest » Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:02 am

StutterStep wrote:

Knicks 17FTA

Suns 6FTA

:noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway:

TheBluest wrote this at half-time when I wrote that the REFS were jobbing us!

I hate posts like these because they don't explain what the original poster is talking about. Showing that we shot more FT's doesn't mean the REFS didn't screw us when I said that they hit us with 2 TERRIBLE OFFENSIVE FOUL CALSS.

Reason being: at the end of the game the box score said that we committed 26 fouls to PHX's 19.

We shot 23 FTs. PHX shot 33.

I don't know what it was at halftime, but the number of free throws ALONE does not explain the bad calls that refs make. Sometime the fouls being called are what gets a team to the penalty EARLY and kill MOMENTUM!

So, please I never said that we were losing SOLELY because of the REFS but let's be clear they did a lousy job tonight, and a lot of those calls hurt us early on!

I saw so many bad calls both ways it didn't make any sense.

If you pay attention only to our team, yeah it seemed really bad but it was pretty close to even overall. I can name specific incidences both ways I mean several of them.

You have to keep in mind Duhon wasn't doing his normal penetrating and we shot 37 3's so obviously we didn't give ourselves strong chances to get to the line.

Everytime we lose we're talking about the refs it gets real old Stutter. I can make a bet with you now whenever we lose our next game we'll be talking about the refs.
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,931

Post#33 » by F N 11 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:04 am

Nate showed me tonight he has the heart/clutchness of a Lebron or Kobe..
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
TheBluest
Banned User

Post#34 » by TheBluest » Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:05 am

I got a question for you Stutter of our 13 losses which how many of them did we flat out lose? And I mean there was no one to blame but ourselves.
StutterStep
RealGM
And1: 58

Post#35 » by StutterStep » Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:06 am

TheBluest wrote:
Everytime we lose we're talking about the refs it gets real old Stutter. I can make a bet with you now whenever we lose our next game we'll be talking about the refs.

..answered you in the game thread... no need to draw this out in here!
HEZI
RealGM

Post#36 » by HEZI » Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:06 am

optimusADL wrote:Lee is BARELY a PF and you crying because Shaq was getting him all night. You play small ball against Shaq and thats whats going to happen.

I guess Shaq should have played on the perimeter since we dont have a center. :roll:

WTF are you talking about?

Lee and a few other players at times, had him boxed out, and he just shoves them out the way or rests on top of them to get the rebounds, at the park that shyt can slide, however, in todays NBA thats what we call an "over the back FOUL".
DENVER NUGGETS
TheBluest
Banned User

Post#37 » by TheBluest » Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:07 am

JayKnicKz11 wrote:Nate showed me tonight he has the heart/clutchness of a Lebron or Kobe..

I give Lee and Nate props tonight.
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#38 » by TKF » Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:07 am

SMAC-K wrote:If we win in LA, I will feel so much better about this loss, but right now this one is just bugging me so much because we deserved to win this game, the Suns got a steal

i am with you.. it bugs me too. we shot 5-37, were undersized and still had a chance to win this game.. I think the suns didn't play that well. Nash hit some big shots, and that is to be expected, but the two plays by amare. the buzzer three and the rebound put back that just fell in his hands killed us.. we needed a break and could not get one....
HEZI
RealGM

Post#39 » by HEZI » Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:09 am

NyKnicks1714 wrote:Anyways, it's well documented that I hate when people blame refs. I think there have been only 1 or 2 games that were losses which were close down the stretch in which people DIDN'T complain about the officiating. There is a very strong correlation there, it's not a coincidence.

We lost this game because of 3 point-shooting, period. There are going to be nights like that in this type of system, especially when all your shooters are career 35-36% shooters from the 3 point line. It's that simple, 40% from 3 isn't going to happen every night. Happy Stutter?

I love how you always complain about others blaming the refs, but never go in depth on the bad calls that are talked about, you just seem to leave that alone usually
DENVER NUGGETS
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,931

Post#40 » by F N 11 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:09 am

So Shaq didn't Dribble the ball out of bounce. So Tim Thomas gets run over by shaq and the refs call it but when he runs over Duhon a dozen times that doesn't get called. I love my knicks. we didn't give up. If we win tom at the Lakers I would be a happy Camper. GO Knicks!
CEO of the not trading RJ club.

Return to New York Knicks