ImageImageImageImageImage

OKC has given up 42 in the first Q, down by 30

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Jose7
RealGM
And1: 6,877

OKC has given up 42 in the first Q, down by 30 

Post#1 » by Jose7 » Thu Jan 8, 2009 2:09 am

Against the Timberwolves.

Only the god damn Knicks, I swear.
BAF Suns

Chris Paul / Patrick Beverley / Shamorie Ponds
Buddy Hield / Timothy Luwawu / Stanley Johnson
Kendrick Nunn / Matisse Thybulle / Darius Miller
RJ Barrett / Kyle Kuzma / Dwayne Bacon
DeAndre Jordan / Kenrich Williams / DJ Wilson
SportsFan7
Senior
And1: 0

Re: OKC has given up 42 in the first Q, down by 30 

Post#2 » by SportsFan7 » Thu Jan 8, 2009 2:13 am

shows you how poorly the knicks as a team have been playing.
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,180

Post#3 » by KnicksGadfly » Thu Jan 8, 2009 2:17 am

marburyfan7 wrote:shows you how poorly the knicks as a team have been playing.

damn it was only one game, and it feels like that boston victory took place months ago.
SportsFan7
Senior

Post#4 » by SportsFan7 » Thu Jan 8, 2009 2:29 am

13-20??? they have been horrible the whole season.
Knicksfan1
Veteran
And1: 12

Post#5 » by Knicksfan1 » Thu Jan 8, 2009 2:38 am

marburyfan7 wrote:13-20??? they have been horrible the whole season.

idk about u but we must tank we lost on purpose so we hope okc gets more wins and we get blake or harden or rubio :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:
Roscoe Sheed wrote:Also, everybody complains about KG setting moving screens, but Duncan is just as bad
ezmoney707
General Manager
And1: 2,743

Post#6 » by ezmoney707 » Thu Jan 8, 2009 2:49 am

Knicksfan1 wrote:

idk about u but we must tank we lost on purpose so we hope okc gets more wins and we get blake or harden or rubio :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

:wavefinger: :wavefinger: :wavefinger: :wavefinger: :wavefinger: :wavefinger:
Knicksfan1
Veteran
And1: 12

Post#7 » by Knicksfan1 » Thu Jan 8, 2009 2:51 am

ezmoney707 wrote:
Knicksfan1 wrote:

:wavefinger: :wavefinger: :wavefinger: :wavefinger: :wavefinger: :wavefinger:

Y can u imagine harden with lebron,gallo, chandler,bosh, and buying a pick for steph curry for instant offense :D
Roscoe Sheed wrote:Also, everybody complains about KG setting moving screens, but Duncan is just as bad
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 116

Post#8 » by TKF » Thu Jan 8, 2009 3:26 am

Just shows you how bad we have been lately and how inconsistent...

For those that said they would take their roster over ours.. go ahead.. having young players doen't always mean a good future.. I don't know how I would feel about a team with young players leading the way to a 5-31 record and record blowout losses to teams just as bad... Durant, greene and westbrook numbers have been decent this year, but numbers don't tell the whole story, especially on teams that bad.. I would just be careful what you wish for..
XcalibuR
Lead Assistant
And1: 79

Post#9 » by XcalibuR » Thu Jan 8, 2009 3:29 am

No one should be proud of beating Boston. They just lost to the Rockets that have been absolutely PATHETIC for the last 5 games.
aNYthing
Senior
And1: 2

Post#10 » by aNYthing » Thu Jan 8, 2009 3:33 am

Damnn.....Why did we have to lose against them smh..I just cant get over it......
Spotlight9024
Sophomore

Post#11 » by Spotlight9024 » Thu Jan 8, 2009 3:36 am

If thats not funny, then I don't know what is.
KOA
Lead Assistant
And1: 821

Post#12 » by KOA » Thu Jan 8, 2009 4:00 am

TKF wrote:Just shows you how bad we have been lately and how inconsistent...

For those that said they would take their roster over ours.. go ahead.. having young players doen't always mean a good future.. I don't know how I would feel about a team with young players leading the way to a 5-31 record and record blowout losses to teams just as bad... Durant, greene and westbrook numbers have been decent this year, but numbers don't tell the whole story, especially on teams that bad.. I would just be careful what you wish for..

I can't see why anyone would take this Knicks roster over any other roster in the NBA. We simply don't really have a young core. I would much rather have young players leading the way, because that is how you build a team. Who exactly is leading the way for NY right now that you would prefer over the Thunder's young core?

I don't know of any team that has won a championship simply through trades and free agency. Building a young core is a crucial aspect of building a team that can contend.

I'm sure that if Mike D'Antoni was coaching the Thunder, they would have a much better record than the Knicks have right now.
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#13 » by TKF » Thu Jan 8, 2009 4:25 am

KOA wrote:
TKF wrote:Just shows you how bad we have been lately and how inconsistent...

I can't see why anyone would take this Knicks roster over any other roster in the NBA. We simply don't really have a young core. I would much rather have young players leading the way, because that is how you build a team. Who exactly is leading the way for NY right now that you would prefer over the Thunder's young core?

I don't know of any team that has won a championship simply through trades and free agency. Building a young core is a crucial aspect of building a team that can contend.

I'm sure that if Mike D'Antoni was coaching the Thunder, they would have a much better record than the Knicks have right now.

well then you are discounting chandler, lee, gallanari, nate.. all of these guys are "young players'

Just because you have 4 lottery picks on your team does not mean, you have a "core" How has that worked for the clipper? Bulls? grizzlies?

who said the knicks are doing that.. I am sure if you ask walsh, heis planning on the continued developent of chandler who is as good or playing as well as any of the lottery picks who was in his draft class. He is also hoping that gallo works out, and last time I checked lee is still on the knicks and 3rd in the NBA in double/doubles... we have our pick this year and cap space..

again, who is building just through trades and Free agency? I don't understant that part of your argument.. who even made that comment?
KOA
Lead Assistant
And1: 821

Post#14 » by KOA » Thu Jan 8, 2009 4:48 am

Do you really consider Chandler, Lee, Gallinari, and Nate a young core?

Chandler has been playing decently well, but let's not kid ourselves. Do you really think he's playing on the same level as Jeff Green, Kevin Durant, Al Horford, or Greg Oden? He has had a couple of good games, but he is the definition of inconsistency; which is why he only shoots 42% from the field.

David Lee has shown very little improvement over the past couple of years. He is a double double machine, but he's consistently getting outplayed by whoever he's guarding. Not to mention he is a terrible overall defender. If the Knicks really thought he was an important piece, they would have given him a contract extension and wouldn't have him on the trading block.

Gallinari has only participated in 2 games. Everyone already knows how I feel about him, but I'll reserve my comments. He should be out on the court producing before we declare him a piece of our young core.

I like Nate Robinson as much as anyone on this board, but he is by no means starter material. I don't see how a bench player can be considered part of a teams core.

My main point is that the Knicks have the worst young talent (and overall talent) of any rebuilding team in the league. What makes it even more frustrating is that most rebuilding teams have multiple draft picks to continue to expand their cores.
duetta
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,432

Post#15 » by duetta » Thu Jan 8, 2009 5:13 am

C'mon, it's a back-to--back after what must have been a big win for them. They're young, and few young teams understand what's involved in winning back-to-back games. They were psyched last night, and we came in expecting to win simply by showing up.
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#16 » by TKF » Thu Jan 8, 2009 5:57 am

KOA wrote:Do you really consider Chandler, Lee, Gallinari, and Nate a young core?
Chandler has been playing decently well, but let's not kid ourselves. Do you really think he's playing on the same level as Jeff Green, Kevin Durant, Al Horford, or Greg Oden? He has had a couple of good games, but he is the definition of inconsistency; which is why he only shoots 42% from the field.

David Lee has shown very little improvement over the past couple of years. He is a double double machine, but he's consistently getting outplayed by whoever he's guarding. Not to mention he is a terrible overall defender. If the Knicks really thought he was an important piece, they would have given him a contract extension and wouldn't have him on the trading block.

Gallinari has only participated in 2 games. Everyone already knows how I feel about him, but I'll reserve my comments. He should be out on the court producing before we declare him a piece of our young core.

I like Nate Robinson as much as anyone on this board, but he is by no means starter material. I don't see how a bench player can be considered part of a teams core.

My main point is that the Knicks have the worst young talent (and overall talent) of any rebuilding team in the league. What makes it even more frustrating is that most rebuilding teams have multiple draft picks to continue to expand their cores.

what do you consider them? If you consider what the grizzlies have a core with a record of 5-31, would you consider that a good core, if they were in a Knicks uniform? now be fair.... I doubt you would.

are you kiddingme.. really do you take what you wrote serious? come on.. lee trails only dwight howard and chris paul in double doubles, you say he shows very little improvement... really? and he gets outplayed by whoever he is guarding... well lee is averaging 15/11 shooting 57%.. I doubt that statement you made is anywhere near the truth..

Chandler: he is averaging roughly 15/6, that is 4th among sophmores in the NBA, and that includes oden who has been a borderline stiff... better than horford, but only behind durant and Green.. and honestly if he were the second option like green was on a bad team, I bet his numbers would be even better..

You say the knicks have the worst young talent in the NBA and you gave some of the most lopsided statement to prove your point, which only leads me to believe that it doesn't matter who the knicks have in uniform, the need to complain and wish for what is in your neighbors yard would be greater than your need to fairly analyze what you have...

Return to New York Knicks