ImageImageImageImageImage

Is D'Antoni an idiot?

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

nyknicks2k2
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 574

Re: Is D'Antoni an idiot? 

Post#61 » by nyknicks2k2 » Mon Feb 9, 2009 3:03 am

!nstinct wrote:Because if he told him to do it, they would.

I've seen Mike tell Q not to fall for pump fakes (the Dallas game comes to mind) then see Q flying by after a small movement the next play.

Mike may not be the best defensive coach ever but we do have brain dead players on this team. Al. Nate. Effries. Q. Not saying Mike doesn't deserve blame. It falls on both sides.
StutterStep
RealGM
And1: 58

Post#62 » by StutterStep » Mon Feb 9, 2009 3:10 am

KnicksGod wrote:Why is he getting irate with the refs, all red-faced and hysterical, when big calls go against the team. He'd have to be an Oscar worthy actor.

That's normal reaction. You don't tank throughout. It's like a fixed boxing match where you don't throw punches that can knock out your opponent: think Jones/Calzaghe. After Roy knocked dude down in the first round, he stopped punching as to not mess up the FIX!

MikeD took out the hot hand in TT. He kept Al in the game, something he had stopped doing. He put Jeffries on Roy and did not give orders to foul.

Think of it this way: if this team wins these 3 road games, then there's no way they can really sell not being competitive for the rest of the year. This will then mean Lee/Nate do not get traded and possibly re-signed in the summer. It means they might also have to make a trade to really make a playoff push. We lose tonight and one of the next two, who really has any faith in this team making the playoffs?
TheBluest
Banned User
And1: 8
Location: Lottery Bound...Banned From UK 2-11-09 @ 12:30 am by Martin LOL!

Post#63 » by TheBluest » Mon Feb 9, 2009 3:21 am

StutterStep wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:Why is he getting irate with the refs, all red-faced and hysterical, when big calls go against the team. He'd have to be an Oscar worthy actor.

That's normal reaction. You don't tank throughout. It's like a fixed boxing match where you don't throw punches that can knock out your opponent: think Jones/Calzaghe. After Roy knocked dude down in the first round, he stopped punching as to not mess up the FIX!

MikeD took out the hot hand in TT. He kept Al in the game, something he had stopped doing. He put Jeffries on Roy and did not give orders to foul.

Think of it this way: if this team wins these 3 road games, then there's no way they can really sell not being competitive for the rest of the year. This will then mean Lee/Nate do not get traded and possibly re-signed in the summer. It means they might also have to make a trade to really make a playoff push. We lose tonight and one of the next two, who really has any faith in this team making the playoffs?

Stutter while I'm not refuting your notion please remember Washed Up told us as recently as last week IT WAS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT FOR THIS TEAM TO MAKE THE PLAYOFFS. You don't mail it in only 2gms back of an 8th seed. If they are I have no problem with methodology but I do have a problem lying to fans and changing the agenda as they see fit.
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,311

Post#64 » by Deeeez Knicks » Mon Feb 9, 2009 3:21 am

He's had some bad games coaching, and can probably count this as one. Yeah, once Roy put the ball on the floor or at least when he caught it away we should have fouled. Just like players, coaches have bad games too. It happens. Especially when you look at coaching around the league.

But overall D'Antoni has a real good job coaching us on the year. He's def won more games with his coaching then he has lost IMO. So I will take it.
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
StutterStep
RealGM

Post#65 » by StutterStep » Mon Feb 9, 2009 3:29 am

TheBluest wrote:Stutter while I'm not refuting your notion please remember Washed Up told us as recently as last week IT WAS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT FOR THIS TEAM TO MAKE THE PLAYOFFS. You don't mail it in only 2gms back of an 8th seed. If they are I have no problem with methodology but I do have a problem lying to fans and changing the agenda as they see fit.

Walsh has been lying throughout. He told us when Mobley retired that he was going to apply for the DPE. This buys him over one month while he brings in no supporting cast to help the team, esp. when we're down to 7 players.

Then, the league turns down the DPE, he says he never thought we'd get it and that it was a long shot! Come on, WTF! I have very little hopes for Walsh. I'm hoping that MikeD can do something with this roster and TELL WALSH what he needs to make things happen.

BUT from what I'm seeing those two do seem to be back on the same page after the Marbury fiasco! It's a tank movement. I sure hope it isn't but when I heard the starting lineup and MikeD's claim that Gallo's is one of the team's "smartest players", I felt he's brewing some internal strife to aid in the tank movement.

How the FK can he come out and tell the media something like this at the start of a crucial road trip?
TheBluest
Banned User

Post#66 » by TheBluest » Mon Feb 9, 2009 3:29 am

Brad Lohaus wrote:He's had some bad games coaching, and can probably count this as one. Yeah, once Roy put the ball on the floor or at least when he caught it away we should have fouled. Just like players, coaches have bad games too. It happens. Especially when you look at coaching around the league.

But overall D'Antoni has a real good job coaching us on the year. He's def won more games with his coaching then he has lost IMO. So I will take it.

So did the I SAY UGH of the 2006-2007 season sans the injuries... according to the masses. I don't get what's so special about his coaching this yr since he has I SAY UGH'S roster 2yrs of improvement from that season.
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,311

Post#67 » by Deeeez Knicks » Mon Feb 9, 2009 3:30 am

I dont see how we are tanking either. We lost by 1 on the road to a tough Portland team. We came back down almost 20?? I dont think we are that good that we can toy with a team like Portland and only lose by 1. Although I'm not going to try to explain or defend some of his moves since I dont agree with some of them either. It just happens with all coaching, unexplainable moves.
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 116

Post#68 » by TKF » Mon Feb 9, 2009 3:31 am

stutter and bluest star in" CONSPIRACY THEORY"... comming to a theater near you!!!!
StutterStep
RealGM

Post#69 » by StutterStep » Mon Feb 9, 2009 3:32 am

TKF wrote:stutter and bluest star in" CONSPIRACY THEORY"... comming to a theater near you!!!!

I hear you man, but sometimes you have to sit back and analyze the entire situation. When something doesn't make sense, you have to put it in a framework that does.

Tonight's sub-patterns and coaching calls do not make sense! That's all!
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#70 » by TKF » Mon Feb 9, 2009 3:34 am

Brad Lohaus wrote:I dont see how we are tanking either. We lost by 1 on the road to a tough Portland team. We came back down almost 20?? I dont think we are that good that we can toy with a team like Portland and only lose by 1. Although I'm not going to try to explain or defend some of his moves since I dont agree with some of them either. It just happens with all coaching, unexplainable moves.

sometimes I wonder how two grown men can come to this conclusion with no proof.... heck while we are at it, lets keep it going.... This is all one grand scheme for walsh and Dantoni to take over MSG. yea that it's.... Tell the fans one thing, while we run the team into the ground and then in the middle of the night Ala the baltimore colts we will move the team to Alabama... In which walsh will have dolan kidnapped and take over as chairman, and then Dantoni can move up into the front office, while his brother becomes the head coach... Everyone is in on the plan, even Isiah... the whole sleeping pills thing is part of the grand scheme..... It only gets better I sure... :roll:
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#71 » by TKF » Mon Feb 9, 2009 3:38 am

StutterStep wrote:
TKF wrote:stutter and bluest star in" CONSPIRACY THEORY"... comming to a theater near you!!!!

I hear you man, but sometimes you have to sit back and analyze the entire situation. When something doesn't make sense, you have to put it in a framework that does.

Tonight's sub-patterns and coaching calls do not make sense! That's all!

so, you skip him possibly going with his gut feeling and being wrong, or just making a mistake and jump right to conspiracy?

That is a big leap... big leap... There are goig to be nights where nothing makes sense and we will win as well... tonight it backfired. bad sub patterns.. Nothing more, nothing less...
StutterStep
RealGM

Post#72 » by StutterStep » Mon Feb 9, 2009 3:41 am

TKF wrote:so, you skip him possibly going with his gut feeling and being wrong, or just making a mistake and jump right to conspiracy?

That is a big leap... big leap... There are goig to be nights where nothing makes sense and we will win as well... tonight it backfired. bad sub patterns.. Nothing more, nothing less...

No, I think the organization is too "big picture" focused at the moment. The same way they traded Zach and JC after we lost to some very good teams. It is the same way they're planning the next move.

I'm not sure what it will be but starting Gallo/Chandler sings the start of the youth movement. This loss is the kind of thing that if I was investigating gambling or tanking, I'd watch it over and over and over...
TheBluest
Banned User

Post#73 » by TheBluest » Mon Feb 9, 2009 3:43 am

StutterStep wrote:
TheBluest wrote:Stutter while I'm not refuting your notion please remember Washed Up told us as recently as last week IT WAS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT FOR THIS TEAM TO MAKE THE PLAYOFFS. You don't mail it in only 2gms back of an 8th seed. If they are I have no problem with methodology but I do have a problem lying to fans and changing the agenda as they see fit.

Walsh has been lying throughout.

No doubt about it I stated this a way long time ago. Washed Up taking many for fools never once did he have me.

He told us when Mobley retired that he was going to apply for the DPE. This buys him over one month while he brings in no supporting cast to help the team, esp. when we're down to 7 players.

This would imply a coach wanting to make the playoff at all cost was getting bare minimum support from his GM. Nice and very Odd at the same time!

Then, the league turns down the DPE, he says he never thought we'd get it and that it was a long shot! Come on, WTF! I have very little hopes for Walsh. I'm hoping that MikeD can do something with this roster and TELL WALSH what he needs to make things happen.

You think D'AnPhonio never requested anything from him during this whole time? Washed Up basically said yes to everything he's wanted up to this point(Danilo, Dookie Face, CHUCKERSUCK, Abolishing Marbury). All of a sudden he went Mum during the losing streaks? Once again very Odd!

BUT from what I'm seeing those two do seem to be back on the same page after the Marbury fiasco! It's a tank movement. I sure hope it isn't but when I heard the starting lineup and MikeD's claim that Gallo's is one of the team's "smartest players", I felt he's brewing some internal strife to aid in the tank movement.

I think D'Antonio Freeman is playing Gallo because for so long everyone has been wondering what's up with him and early on he stated Gallo would have to come up huge for us this yr. I feel this is more of a Pride issue more so than a tanking especially not from him since he told us from jump it's Playoffs or bust.

How the FK can he come out and tell the media something like this at the start of a crucial road trip?

Once again more of a pride thing. It was mainly his pick he wants him to end the yr on a high not he's drumming up his importance to the team to justify the pick.
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#74 » by TKF » Mon Feb 9, 2009 3:45 am

StutterStep wrote:
TKF wrote:so, you skip him possibly going with his gut feeling and being wrong, or just making a mistake and jump right to conspiracy?

No, I think the organization is too "big picture" focused at the moment. The same way they traded Zach and JC after we lost to some very good teams. It is the same way they're planning the next move.

I'm not sure what it will be but starting Gallo/Chandler sings the start of the youth movement. This loss is the kind of thing that if I was investigating gambling or tanking, I'd watch it over and over and over...

we need to be big pictured focused.. we are where we are now because we failed to do so.. I love the big picture, and sometimes initial sacrafices have to be made.. Time to leave the zach trade behind... one career loser gone along with his albatross deal.. that marks the sign of improvment and protecting the future... time to start doing that.. no matter how hard it hurts...

I'm not sure what it will be but starting Gallo/Chandler sings the start of the youth movement. This loss is the kind of thing that if I was investigating gambling or tanking, I'd watch it over and over and over

why, there were so many other ways to tank? why not start Q and jeffries and get blown out from the start? why keep nate in when he was hot? I don't get it bro..
StutterStep
RealGM

Post#75 » by StutterStep » Mon Feb 9, 2009 3:45 am

^But no one is questioning the pick except for a select few fans and some teammates!
StutterStep
RealGM

Post#76 » by StutterStep » Mon Feb 9, 2009 3:47 am

TKF, it's a youth movement so he put in Chandler/Gallo into the starting lineup.

When you do a youth movement, you're essentially saying good-bye to the present.

Jeffries was doing decent as a starter, and Q should have been exiled long ago. So why now?
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#77 » by TKF » Mon Feb 9, 2009 3:52 am

StutterStep wrote:TKF, it's a youth movement so he put in Chandler/Gallo into the starting lineup.

When you do a youth movement, you're essentially saying good-bye to the present.

Jeffries was doing decent as a starter, and Q should have been exiled long ago. So why now?

and chandler and gallo played very little, so I don't get the point. why now? who knows, but why jump to tanking?
TheBluest
Banned User

Post#78 » by TheBluest » Mon Feb 9, 2009 3:56 am

TKF wrote:
StutterStep wrote:TKF, it's a youth movement so he put in Chandler/Gallo into the starting lineup.

and chandler and gallo played very little, so I don't get the point. why now? who knows, but why jump to tanking?

Exactly they've never been consistently close as this to making the playoffs. Makes no sense to start tanking especially since Stutter stated as recently as last week the 7th and maybe even the 6th seed are attainable. Teams above us have some serious injuries and we have played 4 Top teams pretty competitively.

I don't mind if they're tanking but to start it now purposely doesn't make sense. 2 very winnable games up on the schedule and if the teams above us drop a couple we're in the 8th spot.
StutterStep
RealGM

Post#79 » by StutterStep » Mon Feb 9, 2009 3:59 am

Exactly they've never been consistently close as this to making the playoffs. Makes no sense to start tanking especially since Stutter stated as recently as last week the 7th and maybe even the 6th seed are attainable. Teams above us have some serious injuries and we have played 4 Top teams pretty competitively.

I don't mind if they're tanking but to start it now purposely doesn't make sense. 2 very winnable games up on the schedule and if the teams above us drop a couple we're in the 8th spot.

Precisely the injuries to the Bucks and I don't count Indiana means there's more likelihood we will make the playoffs. This is precisely the time for drastic measures-- either trade for reinforcements, or help yourself to more lottery balls. :lol:

I hope it's not but let's watch the next two games and the ASB very closely.
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#80 » by TKF » Mon Feb 9, 2009 3:59 am

plus you tank to get a top pick, right now with 21 wins, we are not going to be surpassed by at least 4 teams.. tanking now would make no sense...

Return to New York Knicks