ImageImageImageImageImage

Pop just said some really nice things about Nate

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

putiger78
Sixth Man
And1: 206

Pop just said some really nice things about Nate 

Post#1 » by putiger78 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:52 am

said Nate is a wonderful player and that he provides the kind of spark that Ginobli provides. I know he is a classy guy and coaches complement the opponents after games, but it sounded sincere. That says a little something to me coming from one of the league's top coaches and best basketball men.
superjay779
Rookie
And1: 70

Re: Pop just said some really nice things about Nate 

Post#2 » by superjay779 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:54 am

putiger78 wrote:said Nate is a wonderful player and that he provides the kind of spark that Ginobli provides. I know he is a classy guy and coaches complement the opponents after games, but it sounded sincere. That says a little something to me coming from one of the league's top coaches and best basketball men.

Isn't he Larry Browns best friend and Larry thinks Nate is a side show= not sincere.
livintoolive
Head Coach
And1: 173

Post#3 » by livintoolive » Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:59 am

superjay779 wrote:
putiger78 wrote:said Nate is a wonderful player and that he provides the kind of spark that Ginobli provides. I know he is a classy guy and coaches complement the opponents after games, but it sounded sincere. That says a little something to me coming from one of the league's top coaches and best basketball men.

Isn't he Larry Browns best friend and Larry thinks Nate is a side show= not sincere.

Do you share all the same opinions with your best friend?
R-DAWG wrote:i'd rather have the pick to package with Amare's contract next offseason, but hey, I'm just an MBA student at NYU what do I know about business.
superjay779
Rookie
And1: 70

Post#4 » by superjay779 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:22 am

we have a lot of things in common and I always back him up no matter what.
livintoolive
Head Coach
And1: 173

Post#5 » by livintoolive » Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:33 am

I guess the art of having your own thoughts is lost.
R-DAWG wrote:i'd rather have the pick to package with Amare's contract next offseason, but hey, I'm just an MBA student at NYU what do I know about business.
Da_Mane_Man
General Manager
And1: 1,590

Post#6 » by Da_Mane_Man » Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:42 am

superjay779 wrote:we have a lot of things in common and I always back him up no matter what.

yes, but i bet you guys have different "favorite players" or at least he likes a player you don't.
mjhp911
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14

Post#7 » by mjhp911 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:02 am

superjay779 wrote:

:wink:

In all fairness, LB made that remark a couple of years ago. I'm sure he'd say Nate plays more within himself, and the team, now. Krypto-Nate is no longer just a novelty. He's for real, and we have a real dilemma on our hands with what to do with him. I have this bad feeling both he and Lee might sign their qualifying offers this summer (assuming we don't trade them, of course), and then bolt the summer we're supposed to have our big FA bonanza...
NYKAL
General Manager
And1: 2,157

Post#8 » by NYKAL » Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:49 pm

mjhp911 wrote:
superjay779 wrote:

:wink:

In all fairness, LB made that remark a couple of years ago. I'm sure he'd say Nate plays more within himself, and the team, now. Krypto-Nate is no longer just a novelty. He's for real, and we have a real dilemma on our hands with what to do with him. I have this bad feeling both he and Lee might sign their qualifying offers this summer (assuming we don't trade them, of course), and then bolt the summer we're supposed to have our big FA bonanza...

LB benched Nate after the dunk contest and acted like winning the trophy was a awful thing. LB had this way of trying to break down players and build them up. Unfortunately, some players you should never try to break down because, their personality is what makes them great.

Called Ariza delusional even though the kid was a good defender and did what he was asked on the court.
Browns arrogance cost him and it took Mike who we all know has no idea of how to run a franchise to hire him.
boomann21
RealGM
And1: 2,777

Post#9 » by boomann21 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:49 pm

Nate is the best player on this team.
seren
RealGM
And1: 4,210

Post#10 » by seren » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:56 pm

boomann21 wrote:Nate is the best player on this team.

But that doesn't say much. Does it?
boomann21
RealGM
And1: 2,777

Post#11 » by boomann21 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:05 pm

seren wrote:
boomann21 wrote:Nate is the best player on this team.

But that doesn't say much. Does it?

Yeah it does. It says he's the best player on a NBA team. Not a lot of people can say that.
duetta
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,438

Post#12 » by duetta » Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:10 pm

Nate gave Pop reason to say those things last night. A coach has to acknowledge what he sees.
kosmovitelli
RealGM
And1: 429

Post#13 » by kosmovitelli » Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:12 pm

livintoolive wrote:
superjay779 wrote:

Do you share all the same opinions with your best friend?

Not to mention, Nate was a 1st year rookie at the time and we had Marbury and Crawford as starters. Larry Brown was fine with Nate. He was harsh with Trevor Ariza but not really with Nate.

Anyway, it's kinda funny people always associate Pop and Karl to LB. Whenever they say something about the Knicks some fans always think LB has something to do with it ! LOL

For what it's worth, here's what LB said to Nate in his exit interview. He liked Krypto-Nate !
And you can easily why Nate became a much better player and improved : he has a strong desire to get better each year. I wish Eddy Curry was like that !

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

I had a season-ending exit interview with Coach Brown and it went well. He wanted to know what I thought of our season and my performance, and I told him I had a pretty decent season but that there is work to do. He told me to keep working out in Seattle during the offseason.

He also told me he didn’t want me to ever change, and to just be me and keep playing hard. That was nice to hear and definitely put a smile on my face. I told Coach Brown that I didn’t have any worries about playing for him. He just said to play a lot during the summer and work out, and that he wanted me to be a better point guard. I told him I’d do anything he wanted me to do and that I just wanted to get better.

He’s excited about next year, and so am I!

I’m not sure who all will be back next season, or what our team will look like. I know we have two first-round draft picks, so it will be interesting to see what develops and who will be back.

I don’t care who we have on the team next year as long as we’re winning. But I will also say that I think we have all the players we need right now. We just need to play harder, go out there and play basketball and not worry about anything else. We need to play for each other instead of for ourselves.

Chemistry is definitely a big deal and another year together will help our team a lot. Hopefully we can make it to the playoffs and get back to the way it was back in the day.

Return to New York Knicks