ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Sir Charles to the Slammer

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

LJ4pointplay
Knicks Forum GM King
And1: 1,324

OT: Sir Charles to the Slammer 

Post#1 » by LJ4pointplay » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:13 am

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3929251

Barkely was my favorite non-Knick growing up, and I love him on TNT, but I think 5 days is fair. I usually think jail sentances are too long for most crimes, or underserving if drug related, and I usually feel athletes get the short end of the stick, but DWI is not cool and 5 days isn't too long, more DWI's should get that kinda punishment if you ask me. This is coming from 22 year old college student who drinks every weekend.. and sometimes during the week. Take precautions, call a cab, no need to put peoples lives at risk.
Tony Montana
Veteran
And1: 0

Re: OT: Sir Charles to the Slammer 

Post#2 » by Tony Montana » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:08 am

I agree, whats wrong with him? He should have enough money to call a cab right?
cutthroat
Senior

Post#3 » by cutthroat » Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:52 am

LJ4pointplay wrote:http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3929251

Barkely was my favorite non-Knick growing up, and I love him on TNT, but I think 5 days is fair. I usually think jail sentances are too long for most crimes, or underserving if drug related, and I usually feel athletes get the short end of the stick, but DWI is not cool and 5 days isn't too long, more DWI's should get that kinda punishment if you ask me. This is coming from 22 year old college student who drinks every weekend.. and sometimes during the week. Take precautions, call a cab, no need to put peoples lives at risk.

i agree, but some athletes get a raw deal like Micheal Vic.People forget that people hunt, kill , make money off animals,except Vic
NyKnicks1714
RealGM
And1: 24,477

Post#4 » by NyKnicks1714 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:24 am

cutthroat wrote:i agree, but some athletes get a raw deal like Micheal Vic.People forget that people hunt, kill , make money off animals,except Vic

:roll:

The dogs who were tortured and killed got a raw deal, Vick didn't.
passthedutchman
Junior

Post#5 » by passthedutchman » Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:36 am

I don't think there are many people that hunt and kill domesticated animals
mjhp911
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14

Post#6 » by mjhp911 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:03 am

Well, Chuck will have lots of new material for TNT after his stint...
RutgersBJJ
General Manager
And1: 125

Post#7 » by RutgersBJJ » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:01 pm

let's just hope he isn't in prison on a thursday so we don't have to sit through Gary Payton on Inside the NBA. It is bad enough he is on NBAtv. Just checked...March 21st is a saturday, looks like he will be out by thursday...what a coincidence.
RIP Jared Jeffries. Gone but never forgotten...2006-2012
Gold Chain
RealGM
And1: 161

Post#8 » by Gold Chain » Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:57 pm

cutthroat wrote:
LJ4pointplay wrote:http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3929251

i agree, but some athletes get a raw deal like Micheal Vic.People forget that people hunt, kill , make money off animals,except Vic

Chuck manned up on TNT last Thursday, took it on the chin and said "I was wrong."
That was all I needed to hear. 5 days hopefully embarrasses him into never, ever driving drunk again.
That said, thank god TNT brought him back because the sans-Barkley panel is hurting.

Mike Vick got a raw deal? Uh huh.

Hanging dogs and drowning thier half-dead bodies in water filled rubbermaid containers?

Mike Vick can go f'ck himself and I would love for him to remain in jail forever.

Return to New York Knicks