ImageImageImageImageImage

Move chandler

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

LJ4pointplay
Knicks Forum GM King
And1: 1,324

Re: Move chandler 

Post#21 » by LJ4pointplay » Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:21 pm

gavran wrote:
LJ4pointplay wrote:The only reason reason to consider Chandler over Lee is salary.. Lee is a borderline all-star, Chandler will most likely never reach that level. It's sad, but the guy hasn't really improved since the begining of the season.

Players don't really improve in the regular season.

Yeah because Bargaini and Ty Thomas haven't shown any strides since the begining of the season right? Players improve their skill sets in the offseason, and Chandler obviously can do that, but lack of experience was thought to be holding him back since he didn't get much his rookie year.. he's gotten plenty this season and it doesn't seem to be making much of a difference on his level of play. I will say he isn't as boneheaded on the floor though as he was the first couple of months..
Duhon2Lee42
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#22 » by Duhon2Lee42 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:26 pm

We want to move Chandler because he can play defense, great athelete, and can score, but inconsistent. Meanwhile we want to keep Danilo because he was the 6th pick and Walsh brainwashed fans to think he's good. Forget about the fact that he can't rebound, can't defend, can't create off the dribble (hasn't shown he can in the NBA) slower than everyone, can't finish layups, have back problems at 20, can't walk without looking like he's about to fall, and can't... SERIOUSLY?
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,918

Post#23 » by cgf » Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:30 pm

Duhon2Lee42 wrote:We want to move Chandler because he can play defense, great athelete, and can score, but inconsistent. Meanwhile we want to keep Danilo because he was the 6th pick and Walsh brainwashed fans to think he's good. Forget about the fact that he can't rebound, can't defend, can't create off the dribble (hasn't shown he can in the NBA) slower than everyone, can't finish layups, have back problems at 20, can't walk without looking like he's about to fall, and can't... SERIOUSLY?

The complete lack of patience makes me wonder if some people on this board are even old enough to drive...
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
Duhon2Lee42
Banned User

Post#24 » by Duhon2Lee42 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:31 pm

JohnStarksTheDunk wrote:Chandler is one of the few 2-way players we have on this team.

Name the others
Duhon2Lee42
Banned User

Post#25 » by Duhon2Lee42 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:42 pm

cgf wrote:
Duhon2Lee42 wrote:We want to move Chandler because he can play defense, great athelete, and can score, but inconsistent. Meanwhile we want to keep Danilo because he was the 6th pick and Walsh brainwashed fans to think he's good. Forget about the fact that he can't rebound, can't defend, can't create off the dribble (hasn't shown he can in the NBA) slower than everyone, can't finish layups, have back problems at 20, can't walk without looking like he's about to fall, and can't... SERIOUSLY?

The complete lack of patience makes me wonder if some people on this board are even old enough to drive...

We want Chandler gone because its his 2nd year, but want Danilo because he's a rookie, correct? This is Chandler 2nd year as a pro, meanwhile Danilo been a pro for about 3 years, prior to this, correct? I'm not sure if you were being sarcastic or not, so fill me in.
JohnStarksTheDunk
General Manager
And1: 2,008

Post#26 » by JohnStarksTheDunk » Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:47 pm

Duhon2Lee42 wrote:
JohnStarksTheDunk wrote:Chandler is one of the few 2-way players we have on this team.

Name the others

Duhon
Hughes (maybe)

I think you misunderstood my point. I was citing this as a reason that we should NOT trade Chandler.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,918

Post#27 » by cgf » Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:49 pm

Duhon2Lee42 wrote:
cgf wrote:

We want Chandler gone because its his 2nd year, but want Danilo because he's a rookie, correct? This is Chandler 2nd year as a pro, meanwhile Danilo been a pro for about 3 years, prior to this, correct? I'm not sure if you were being sarcastic or not, so fill me in.

I don't want chandler gone, my post was in response to your complete dogging of Danilo who i think will be a star in this league. He's a 20 year old coming off injury, just starting a real pro-level weight lifting program and adjusting to a new country/league. He needs time to adjust and he's still got a lot of development to go, hell he's not even done growing yet and people are bitching about his game. That just shows a complete lack of patience that my sister and here 13 year old friends can't even match.

The kid ahs a gorgeous shot, handles the ball better than most guys who are 6'10 and has a great BBall IQ. Hell he's even been a solid defender, which I didn't expect at all, and he's boarding. I don't get what there is too dog about this kid until he adjusts and we see his full game in the NBA.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
JohnStarksTheDunk
General Manager
And1: 2,008

Post#28 » by JohnStarksTheDunk » Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:51 pm

cgf wrote:I don't want chandler gone, my post was in response to your complete dogging of Danilo who i think will be a star in this league. He's a 20 year old coming off injury, just starting a real pro-level weight lifting program and adjusting to a new country/league. He needs time to adjust and he's still got a lot of development to go, hell he's not even done growing yet and people are bitching about his game. That just shows a complete lack of patience that my sister and here 13 year old friends can't even match.

The kid ahs a gorgeous shot, handles the ball better than most guys who are 6'10 and has a great BBall IQ. Hell he's even been a solid defender, which I didn't expect at all, and he's boarding. I don't get what there is too dog about this kid until he adjusts and we see his full game in the NBA.

Agreed. He has already exceeded my expectations in those areas.
truth serum
Banned User
And1: 35

Post#29 » by truth serum » Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:56 pm

cgf wrote:

:lol:

Honestly...I used to think this was a sophisticated place to come and talk Knicks and sports in general. I'm sure it used to be. I'm convinced now that there are mostly high schoolers posting on this forum. I'm not sure why I still come here. :roll:
Duhon2Lee42
Banned User

Post#30 » by Duhon2Lee42 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:32 pm

JohnStarksTheDunk"[quote="JohnStarksTheDunk wrote:Chandler is one of the few 2-way players we have on this team.

Name the others[/quote]

Duhon
Hughes (maybe)

I think you misunderstood my point. I was citing this as a reason that we should NOT trade Chandler.[/quote]

Nah, I understood your point, but Duhon isn't a good 2 way player (his defense has been nothing better than bad) and Hughes sucks on both ends (hasn't played d in a while).
Duhon2Lee42
Banned User

Post#31 » by Duhon2Lee42 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:33 pm

JohnStarksTheDunk wrote:
cgf wrote:I don't want chandler gone, my post was in response to your complete dogging of Danilo who i think will be a star in this league. He's a 20 year old coming off injury, just starting a real pro-level weight lifting program and adjusting to a new country/league. He needs time to adjust and he's still got a lot of development to go, hell he's not even done growing yet and people are bitching about his game. That just shows a complete lack of patience that my sister and here 13 year old friends can't even match.

Agreed. He has already exceeded my expectations in those areas.

Solid defender? WHEN? WHERE?

Damn, I missed the "boarding" part.

Return to New York Knicks