ImageImageImageImageImage

D'Antoni knows whats going on

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

GuyverADL
Banned User
And1: 15

D'Antoni knows whats going on 

Post#1 » by GuyverADL » Mon Mar 9, 2009 4:37 pm

When I said Robinson was out of control 2 weeks ago I got hated on. Robinson has continued to play the same way except he isnt dropping 30+ and D'Antoni glued his ass to the bench.

:lol: So is D'Antoni a Robinson hater? :roll:

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=885077&start=90&st=0&sk=t&sd=a
Big Chan
Veteran
And1: 173

Re: D'Antoni knows whats going on 

Post#2 » by Big Chan » Mon Mar 9, 2009 4:39 pm

You were right! Congratulations

Is that what you wanted to hear?
GuyverADL
Banned User

Post#3 » by GuyverADL » Mon Mar 9, 2009 4:40 pm

Big Chan wrote:You were right! Congratulations

Is that what you wanted to hear?

No I'd like to continue the previous discussion without bumping the other thread.

His stats have went down with less minutes and we can see his true value given limited minutes.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,119

Post#4 » by blueNorange » Mon Mar 9, 2009 4:40 pm

walsh made his first mistake as the knicks gm by not getting rid of him along with effries ... there's nothing special about a 5'9" shooting guard who plays no defense, dumb as rocks, and doesn't play within the offense.

if possible, a guy like aj price would be a good backup point.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
Rich2Hassan
RealGM
And1: 5,800

Post#5 » by Rich2Hassan » Mon Mar 9, 2009 4:42 pm

Who cares. I predicted that D'Antoni would be called out on these forums last week, and people thought i was crazy. Look 3 threads below this one. :)
Heat President of TANK operations.
StutterStep
RealGM
And1: 58

Post#6 » by StutterStep » Mon Mar 9, 2009 4:43 pm

NO, MikeD doesn't like to admit his mistakes, i.e. Chris Duhon and QRich still getting burn. Since Nate is not his guy, he'll make him an example. I think it's time to put Duhon on the shelf for the year and start Nate/Hughes.

I bet you the team starts winning again. Duhon is giving the ball away about 4 times a game while barely cracking 6 assists and 8pts. Yeah, Nate's the problem! BullShyT!
boomann21
RealGM
And1: 2,777

Post#7 » by boomann21 » Mon Mar 9, 2009 4:44 pm

optimusADL wrote:When I said Robinson was out of control 2 weeks ago I got hated on. Robinson has continued to play the same way except he isnt dropping 30+ and D'Antoni glued his ass to the bench.

Nate Robinson ordered a Big Mac at Burger King, and got one.
livintoolive
Head Coach
And1: 173

Post#8 » by livintoolive » Mon Mar 9, 2009 4:45 pm

I agree with your opinion about Nate. I said the same thing a few games back as well, if he's not scoring at a ridiculous clip, he hurts your team a lot.

But I disagree with your end conclusion. He has the ability to be a great spark off the bench, he definitely has a role on good teams. Unfortunately, since we're a bad team, his flaws are being magnified.
R-DAWG wrote:i'd rather have the pick to package with Amare's contract next offseason, but hey, I'm just an MBA student at NYU what do I know about business.
Jcrawford11
Banned User
And1: 18

Post#9 » by Jcrawford11 » Mon Mar 9, 2009 4:46 pm

might as well call me nate cause iam rob in (son) gimmie the loot
seren
RealGM
And1: 4,210

Post#10 » by seren » Mon Mar 9, 2009 4:47 pm

optimusADL wrote:When I said Robinson was out of control 2 weeks ago I got hated on. Robinson has continued to play the same way except he isnt dropping 30+ and D'Antoni glued his ass to the bench.

I thought you are a D'Antoni hater? I am happy you acknowledge D'Antoni is a pretty good coach and he is on top of everything.

D'Antoni doesn't like LB tactics. He doesn't call out his players publicly. He just does what he is supposed to: Go with the players that produce. He is a smart dude. I hate his accent though.
boomann21
RealGM

Post#11 » by boomann21 » Mon Mar 9, 2009 4:47 pm

blueNorange wrote:walsh made his first mistake as the knicks gm by not getting rid of him along with effries ... there's nothing special about a 5'9" shooting guard who plays no defense, dumb as rocks, and doesn't play within the offense.

It takes Nate Robinson 20 minutes to watch 60 minutes
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,119

Post#12 » by blueNorange » Mon Mar 9, 2009 4:49 pm

boomann21 wrote:
blueNorange wrote:walsh made his first mistake as the knicks gm by not getting rid of him along with effries ... there's nothing special about a 5'9" shooting guard who plays no defense, dumb as rocks, and doesn't play within the offense.

it also takes nate an hour to complete a puzzle that has 3 pieces.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
boomann21
RealGM

Post#13 » by boomann21 » Mon Mar 9, 2009 4:51 pm

blueNorange wrote:
boomann21 wrote:

it also takes nate an hour to complete a puzzle that has 3 pieces.

Nate Robinson once ate a whole bottle of sleeping pills. They made him blink.
GuyverADL
Banned User

Post#14 » by GuyverADL » Mon Mar 9, 2009 4:53 pm

StutterStep wrote:NO, MikeD doesn't like to admit his mistakes, i.e. Chris Duhon and QRich still getting burn. Since Nate is not his guy, he'll make him an example. I think it's time to put Duhon on the shelf for the year and start Nate/Hughes.

I bet you the team starts winning again. Duhon is giving the ball away about 4 times a game while barely cracking 6 assists and 8pts. Yeah, Nate's the problem! BullShyT!

Robinson isnt taking this team anywhere. I guarantee you this.

Duhon is playing himself into a pay decrease after next year.
JohnStarksTheDunk
General Manager
And1: 2,008

Post#15 » by JohnStarksTheDunk » Mon Mar 9, 2009 4:53 pm

StutterStep wrote:NO, MikeD doesn't like to admit his mistakes, i.e. Chris Duhon and QRich still getting burn. Since Nate is not his guy, he'll make him an example. I think it's time to put Duhon on the shelf for the year and start Nate/Hughes.

Keep in mind that Nate had a pretty terrible stretch in the beginning of January.

Up until the all-star break, Duhon was arguably our best player. He's looking really run down right now though, and is playing like crap. I agree that I'd like to see more of a Nate/Hughes backcourt, but moreso to get Duhon more rest than because I think that's our answer to winning. Though I do think that lineup would win us more games than with Duhon's recent awful play.
GuyverADL
Banned User

Post#16 » by GuyverADL » Mon Mar 9, 2009 4:53 pm

boomann21 wrote:Nate Robinson once ate a whole bottle of sleeping pills. They made him blink.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
GuyverADL
Banned User

Post#17 » by GuyverADL » Mon Mar 9, 2009 5:00 pm

seren wrote:

I thought you are a D'Antoni hater? I am happy you acknowledge D'Antoni is a pretty good coach and he is on top of everything.

D'Antoni doesn't like LB tactics. He doesn't call out his players publicly. He just does what he is supposed to: Go with the players that produce. He is a smart dude. I hate his accent though.

Im not a D'Antoni hater I didnt want him because he actually tried to win games this year.

The guy isnt a defensive coach but I knew that before he came. I'd settle for this team being a decent defensive team though.

I do know if we draft enough talent D'Antoni can make us a perennial playoff lock in the east.

Gallo at PF
Chandler at SF
Draft pick at SG/PG

We just need to Walsh to not be a cheapskate on draft picks this draft.
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 116

Post#18 » by TKF » Mon Mar 9, 2009 5:00 pm

STUTTER while we can agree that duhon is playing crappy now, he still runs the offense, despite his horrible numbers... Nate gets numbers but it comes at the expense of running the offense..... this has nothing to do with mike not wanting to admit any mistakes, he just has to play what he has... Just admit, that nate, despite his numbers hurts this team as much as duhon and his turnovers and poor play...

It is like a baseball player who will go 4-5 in a game, but strikes out when you need him to make contact, can't lay down a sac bunt, and consitently misses signals from the dugout... It is just as bad as the guy who goes 0-5, but can make contact when needed, move the runner with a bunt and doesn't miss signals from the coaches...
boomann21
RealGM

Post#19 » by boomann21 » Mon Mar 9, 2009 5:01 pm

TKF wrote:

STUTTER while we can agree that duhon is playing crappy now, he still runs the offense, despite his horrible numbers... Nate gets numbers but it comes at the expense of running the offense..... this has nothing to do with mike not wanting to admit any mistakes, he just has to play what he has... Just admit, that nate, despite his numbers hurts this team as much as duhon and his turnovers and poor play...

It is like a baseball player who will go 4-5 in a game, but strikes out when you need him to make contact, can't lay down a sac bunt, and consitently misses signals from the dugout... It is just as bad as the guy who goes 0-5, but can make contact when needed, move the runner with a bunt and doesn't miss signals from the coaches...

Your explanation of the situation has offically baffeled and confused the Boomann.
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 116

Post#20 » by TKF » Mon Mar 9, 2009 5:01 pm

Let me add. I rather nate go 2-10 the first 3 quarters , but be money the last 3 minutes of the game, make the shots and the right decisions.... i would take that every game... LOL

when I played ball, and I hate bragging about my game, but I played the game not with just the physical skills I had, but with my head.. If I had a guy that was hot, I made it my business to get him shots , especially late in games.... Gallo hit a three to put us up 1, he had also hit his previous two shots and was hot.. the knicks, larry, coach dantoni, duhon, should have made it their business to run a play to get this kid a shot or the ball in his hands.. Instead we had hughes front rimming forced shots and duhon playing greasy fingers with the ball.. It is the dumbest way to play this game..

Return to New York Knicks