ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: BJ Mullens declares for Draft

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

EricAnderson
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,180

Re: OT: BJ Mullens declares for Draft 

Post#61 » by EricAnderson » Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:25 pm

KnicksMetsJetsNova wrote:i heard this too.. but then again, a full free ride to get a quality education may be just as important than w/e he gets from his rookie contract? (unless its like 4-5 mill, but who knows when he will be drafted?).. i mean this could jeopardize his whole future, what if he comes out, busts, and is out of the nba with no college degree?? i mean its not guranateed hes even a lottery pick, how much money is he going to make off the bat? and how much will he have after helping his family?

stay in school, people pay a ton to go to college, you are going for free.. it not only will help his nba potential, he will benefit in 10000000000000 other ways from his degree/maturity/etc

Lol at an athlete actually going to class never mind having a 4 year degree on his mind
BelieveTheDream
RealGM
And1: 45

Post#62 » by BelieveTheDream » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:05 pm

Paladin55 wrote:... and around the same time this came out Utah sent down Kostas Koufos, the guy Mullens replaced.

Reach your own conclusions.

I actually like that kid Koufos hes pretty nice... wish utah would give up one of there big men i think they have 2 real young ones with a lot of potential
teamny1
Bench Warmer
And1: 0

Post#63 » by teamny1 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:32 pm

The guy, if it wasn't for the one year in college rule, would've left after high school b/c of his family's financial troubles. If this guy had a real big man to teach him how to play in the post like Kareem/Ewing, would turn into a pretty good player. He's got a lot of potential to succeed in our system with the way he moves (and lack of fundamentals on defense).
Brownsville's Finest
Lead Assistant
And1: 12

Post#64 » by Brownsville's Finest » Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:36 pm

bust
Brownsville's Finest
Lead Assistant

Post#65 » by Brownsville's Finest » Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:48 pm

BelieveTheDream wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wgtqqwtc9KY When i watch that video I see an athletic big who can move and be a presence.... He didn't get much time to play and yes he could use more polishing on his game but if an aldrich or monroe or thabeet are taken... we could use him we need a big body... sick of d lee getting destroyed down low

he would get destroyed worse then lee
BelieveTheDream
RealGM

Post#66 » by BelieveTheDream » Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:38 am

Brownsville's Finest wrote:
BelieveTheDream wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wgtqqwtc9KY When i watch that video I see an athletic big who can move and be a presence.... He didn't get much time to play and yes he could use more polishing on his game but if an aldrich or monroe or thabeet are taken... we could use him we need a big body... sick of d lee getting destroyed down low

he would get destroyed worse then lee

i dunno hes a big body and i wouldn't mind taking him if we could get another pick
Big Dawg
Junior
And1: 3

Post#67 » by Big Dawg » Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:57 am

Mullens will be Eddy Curry part two. The few times I have seen him play, I get the impression that he doesn't want to play basketball. He just happens to be 7 feet tall and people will pay him to play basketball, so he does it.
Charsace
Pro Prospect

Post#68 » by Charsace » Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:10 am

This kid is the hardest guy to figure out in this year's draft. He moves well for a 7fter and looks like he has range on his jumper, but hasn't shown much else. There just something about him that leads me to believe that he'll at least be a solid starting big in the league.

His coach killing his stock would not be surprising seeing as how OSU has been hit the hardest by one year players, especially at the center position.
Knicksfan1
Veteran

Post#69 » by Knicksfan1 » Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:43 am

Big Dawg wrote:Mullens will be Eddy Curry part two. The few times I have seen him play, I get the impression that he doesn't want to play basketball. He just happens to be 7 feet tall and people will pay him to play basketball, so he does it.

So Eddy is fast and can jump... yea you have no idea what your talking about btw Eddy:6'11 Mullens: 7' :D
Roscoe Sheed wrote:Also, everybody complains about KG setting moving screens, but Duncan is just as bad
BelieveTheDream
RealGM

Post#70 » by BelieveTheDream » Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:28 pm

Knicksfan1 wrote:
Big Dawg wrote:Mullens will be Eddy Curry part two. The few times I have seen him play, I get the impression that he doesn't want to play basketball. He just happens to be 7 feet tall and people will pay him to play basketball, so he does it.

So Eddy is fast and can jump... yea you have no idea what your talking about btw Eddy:6'11 Mullens: 7' :D

haha wow eddy wishes he was thin like that... It might be one of the worst comparisons ive ever heard...
Big Dawg
Junior
And1: 3

Post#71 » by Big Dawg » Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:17 pm

BelieveTheDream wrote:
Knicksfan1 wrote:

haha wow eddy wishes he was thin like that... It might be one of the worst comparisons ive ever heard...

The comparison has nothing to do with body types. It has to do with what these guys do with their physical abilities and how much of their potential they will realize. When i have seen Mullens on the court he does not display much passion or desire IMHO. He is just a guy who happens to be 7ft tall, but he is not a basketball player. He is Michael Olawikandi or Kwame Brown or Eddy Curry

Return to New York Knicks