ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: HYPOCRISY

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

RutgersBJJ
General Manager
And1: 125

Re: HYPOCRISY 

Post#41 » by RutgersBJJ » Sun Aug 9, 2009 11:50 pm

i believe the difference is that dog doesn't taste good, while even the most exotic meat like alligator still tastes awesome. I've never had dog, but I can only imagine it is very gamey.
RIP Jared Jeffries. Gone but never forgotten...2006-2012
mrpoetryNmotion
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,118

Post#42 » by mrpoetryNmotion » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:52 am

RutgersBJJ wrote:i believe the difference is that dog doesn't taste good, while even the most exotic meat like alligator still tastes awesome. I've never had dog, but I can only imagine it is very gamey.

Koreans think dog taste good... I think its called Kagogi over there, but I remember going to a Korean Mcdonalds off base and I think they served dog burgers there. And who knows if the chicken on a stick is really chicken...
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#43 » by br7knicks » Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:00 am

Hemispheres wrote:This is such a stupid topic. The only hypocrisy is between the treatment of domesticated pets versus that of wild animals. Michael Vick tortured and killed animals that have been established in American culture for generations to be "man's best friend". That is a far cry from killing wild deer or bears no matter how "majestic" you find them to be. Plus, it's not like hunting is an all-white sport.

Face it, you are just looking for an excuse to bring up race. And then you make it worse by bringing up the Kobe vs. Ben argument. Read up on them just a little before you start mindlessly typing away at your keyboard.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kobe_bryan ... allegation

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_rothli ... allegation

Honestly if you can't see the differences in the circumstances of their allegations other than race, than you are either blind or racist yourself.

+1

mrpoetryNmotion wrote:Koreans think dog taste good... I think its called Kagogi over there, but I remember going to a Korean Mcdonalds off base and I think they served dog burgers there. And who knows if the chicken on a stick is really chicken...

Yes, but it is spelled Kegogi.
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
OoAnd1
Head Coach
And1: 14

Post#44 » by OoAnd1 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:06 am

Morally.. I dunno the difference between killing dogs, wild animals or rats.

Legally... there's a big difference. Kill the wrong animal.. you go to jail. It's that simple.

If you don't like it.. join PETA. But the "hypocrisy" deals 100% with which animal is being killed.. not the race of the killer.
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,876

Post#45 » by NoLayupRule » Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:42 am

mugzi wrote:^ NLR, what is your point exactly?

Because I remember you became very heated on a thread when I illustrated a pov that Vick was getting treated like satan while far worse atrocities happen on a daily basis throughout the world.

But you equated him to the lowest form of life on the earth for his treatment of dogs. So have you changed your pov all of the sudden?

my issue with a lot of what you said was that you used the false argument that just because there are worse things in the world and things that go unpunished that Vick's actions were not worth being upset about.

I hate Vick for who he is. People who harm animals only do so because they really want to harm humans because they are damaged psychially and emotionally and filled with a self loathing that they turn outward on the creatures most incapable of defending themselves.

Child abuse is one step away from dog fighting which is one step away from canned or caged hunting which is one step away from trophy hunting.
NYKAL
General Manager
And1: 2,157

Re: OT: HYPOCRISY 

Post#46 » by NYKAL » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:33 pm

I'm with you and the trolls complaining about this thread can blow both of us.

If I had my way, I'd place spy camera's on the deer and strategically placed remote control guns around the woods so gamers watching online can remotely shoot back at the hunters. THEN IT WOULD BE A SPORT.

Let them hunt and be hunted in turn.
duetta
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,692

Post#47 » by duetta » Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:18 pm

Man Is Indicted on Charge of Throwing Dog Off Building
By A. G. Sulzberger
Updated, 12:07 p.m. | The 19-year-old Brooklyn man who authorities say heaved his pit bull off the roof of his building was indicted on Monday morning on animal cruelty charges that could put him in prison for up to two years, said the Brooklyn district attorney, Charles J. Hynes.

The man, Fabian Henderson, was arrested on July 31, more than a month after he threw the dog, Oreo, from the roof of the building, at 28 West Ninth Street in Red Hook, the police said. The dog survived the six-story fall but was severely injured.

Mr. Henderson is charged with aggravated cruelty to animals and “overdriving, torturing and injuring animals,” according to the announcement. Because the New York City Housing Authority building does not permit tenants to use the roof, he also faces a third-degree criminal trespass charge.

- more -

http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/ ... ilding/?hp
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#48 » by br7knicks » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:12 pm

duetta wrote:
Man Is Indicted on Charge of Throwing Dog Off Building
By A. G. Sulzberger
Updated, 12:07 p.m. | The 19-year-old Brooklyn man who authorities say heaved his pit bull off the roof of his building was indicted on Monday morning on animal cruelty charges that could put him in prison for up to two years, said the Brooklyn district attorney, Charles J. Hynes.

The man, Fabian Henderson, was arrested on July 31, more than a month after he threw the dog, Oreo, from the roof of the building, at 28 West Ninth Street in Red Hook, the police said. The dog survived the six-story fall but was severely injured.

Mr. Henderson is charged with aggravated cruelty to animals and “overdriving, torturing and injuring animals,” according to the announcement. Because the New York City Housing Authority building does not permit tenants to use the roof, he also faces a third-degree criminal trespass charge.

This is simply horrible. Two years is not enough for someone like this. The only part I agree with NLR is that animal cruelty is right behind child abuse. I don't hunt, nor do I think ESPN putting hunting shows on TV is smart. But this guy just needs to get the sand out of his vagina in other ways.

http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/ ... ilding/?hp
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
duetta
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,692

Post#49 » by duetta » Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:50 pm

If you think Vick is getting a hard time, read the comments section in the Times blog that I posted.
Boss_
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 233

Post#50 » by Boss_ » Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:58 pm

I'd like to HEADSHOT the hunters for sport square dead right in the forehead..

and half of ignorant America for that matter.
fullermd
Banned User
And1: 142

Post#51 » by fullermd » Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:10 am

NYKAL wrote:I'm with you and the trolls complaining about this thread can blow both of us.

If I had my way, I'd place spy camera's on the deer and strategically placed remote control guns around the woods so gamers watching online can remotely shoot back at the hunters. THEN IT WOULD BE A SPORT.

Let them hunt and be hunted in turn.

It is good that someone sees the problem of glamorizing hunting after black-balling a public figure for dog-fighting. Neither dog-fighting nor killing animals for sport is right. You don't kill an animal just to mount its head or cut off its claws for trophies, that is beyond animal cruelty. That is a crime against nature. But, that in itself was not my issue. My issue is that this is glamorized on ESPN, while the same network help to destroy the character/reputation of Michael Vick because of his role in dog fighting. Very, Very Hypocritical. This is my point. Also, they attempted to do the same with Kobe while Roethlisberger, accused of the same crime barely spent a day in the media. Many people don't even know about it (SuperBowl Champ QB). It seriously ticks me off.
fullermd
Banned User

Post#52 » by fullermd » Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:11 am

The Boss of Bosses wrote:I'd like to HEADSHOT the hunters for sport square dead right in the forehead..

and half of ignorant America for that matter.

It is good that someone sees the problem of glamorizing hunting after black-balling a public figure for dog-fighting. Neither dog-fighting nor killing animals for sport is right. You don't kill an animal just to mount its head or cut off its claws for trophies, that is beyond animal cruelty. That is a crime against nature. But, that in itself was not my issue. My issue is that this is glamorized on ESPN, while the same network help to destroy the character/reputation of Michael Vick because of his role in dog fighting. Very, Very Hypocritical. This is my point. Also, they attempted to do the same with Kobe while Roethlisberger, accused of the same crime barely spent a day in the media. Many people don't even know about it (SuperBowl Champ QB). It seriously ticks me off.
Pharmcat
RealGM
And1: 19,035

Post#53 » by Pharmcat » Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:13 am

its hard to sell the hypocrisy with vick

compared to espns lack of initial coverage on roethlisburger...thats a story that has legitimate legs
OoAnd1
Head Coach
And1: 14

Post#54 » by OoAnd1 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:02 am

What do Kobe and Roethlisberger have to do with Vick or killing animals???

But it's true there was nothing in the media about Roethlisberger... I never heard anything about him being arrested for rape. When was this? Did he also pull the "I cheated on my wife.. but I didn't rape the girl" line?
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 56,085

Re: Not a smart man, are you? (OP) 

Post#55 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:32 am

alphad0gz wrote:Why don't you come live where I do (Upstate)? I'm not in the boonies and I am 1 mile outside of a city. I have so many deer that I can't plant a tree or have a garden without a 6 ft fence. Groundhogs are completely out of control to the point where the destruction of equipment and livestock from their holes is enormous and they have moved into the city in a big way. Coyotes routinely run off with family pets and are now doing what the DEC says they don't. Killing deer. They do it in the most brutal, savage way you can imagine and it takes several minutes.

You sound like just another city PETA moron who has no idea of life outside their own sphere. You have a problem exterminating rats? Why not?

I don't think people, for the most part, have a problem with hunting species that are overpopulating. Deer are problems, no doubt. I think where people have a problem, as I do, is with hunters that hunt animals which are on the verge of extinction or otherwise adversely effect the environment.
Free Palestine
VinnyTheMick
RealGM
And1: 5

Post#56 » by VinnyTheMick » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:41 am

I think Vick's a douche for dog fighting & I think those hicks that hunt "anything that moves" are douchebags too.

There are a million things in this world you can do to keep yourself entertained & these people decide that murdering things is best source of entertainment. It boggles my mind. Vick, especially! You're rich you herpes having muthaf_cka! For christs sakes find something better to occupy your time with!
http://www.nyccan.org/
Ask questions. Demand answers.
A foolish faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth.- Albert Einstein
fullermd
Banned User

Post#57 » by fullermd » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:50 am

VinnyTheMick wrote:I think Vick's a douche for dog fighting & I think those hicks that hunt "anything that moves" are douchebags too.

There are a million things in this world you can do to keep yourself entertained & these people decide that murdering things is best source of entertainment. It boggles my mind. Vick, especially! You're rich you herpes having muthaf_cka! For christs sakes find something better to occupy your time with!

My point is not so much the acts of violence towards the animals, which I believe are crimes against nature (especially the killing). My point is that ESPN and PETA put Vick through hell fire, and on ESPN you see the senseless killing of animals for sport, and PETA has absolutely no public dispute with it. That is hypocritical. I also referenced Kobe vs Roethlisberger coverage by ESPN.

Return to New York Knicks