ImageImageImageImageImage

OT - Blueprint 3 has leaked

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

TaxI
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Re: OT - Blueprint 3 has leaked 

Post#21 » by TaxI » Tue Sep 1, 2009 3:18 am

nyknicks2k2 wrote:Sorry guys. No go on the links.

:cry: :cry:
RutgersBJJ
General Manager
And1: 125

Post#22 » by RutgersBJJ » Tue Sep 1, 2009 3:19 am

after the release of American Gangster (which IMO is his 3rd best album after Reasonable Doubt and the Black Album), I really had high expectations. This is far below it, extremely far below. I don't get what he was going with, with the production on this album. It sounds just like Kingdom Come. You would have thought he would have learned from that failure. Just like Kingdom Come there are like 3-4 awesome songs and the rest are just average. When you are a great like Jay, or Nas, Em, Wu, or Outkast you can't just put out mediocre material. For any other artist this would be a good album, but we do and should expect more from Jay. Just like I expect the next Outkast album should be one of the greatest albums ever since there has been like a 7 year lay-off since their last CD.
RIP Jared Jeffries. Gone but never forgotten...2006-2012
TaxI
Pro Prospect

Post#23 » by TaxI » Tue Sep 1, 2009 3:21 am

KnicksMetsJetsNova wrote:
god shammgod wrote:this whole thing is horrible. i never thought i'd live through an era where 80's euro new wave beats would be what's hot in hip hop. jesus christ this **** sucks.

havent heard the album, but i agree with this statement.. hip hop is pretty much dead, its all pop music with naughty language nowadays and catchy club beats..

ot.. chef album is out next week i believe, has it leaked aside from a few songs that have circulated on here? any reviews if it has?

ive heard 2 tracks from it, "new wu" which is fire imo and "house of flying daggers" which i wasnt really feelin tbh

really only 2 semi-new tracks i can listen to atm, "new wu" and "auditorium" (mos def/slick rick), im prayin chefs new album has at least a few gems

i don't understand that sentiment.what was rappers delight exactly?
bringinhinkie
General Manager
And1: 930

Post#24 » by bringinhinkie » Tue Sep 1, 2009 3:28 am

TaxI wrote:
god shammgod wrote:this whole thing is horrible. i never thought i'd live through an era where 80's euro new wave beats would be what's hot in hip hop. jesus christ this **** sucks.

havent heard the album, but i agree with this statement.. hip hop is pretty much dead, its all pop music with naughty language nowadays and catchy club beats..

ot.. chef album is out next week i believe, has it leaked aside from a few songs that have circulated on here? any reviews if it has?

ive heard 2 tracks from it, "new wu" which is fire imo and "house of flying daggers" which i wasnt really feelin tbh

really only 2 semi-new tracks i can listen to atm, "new wu" and "auditorium" (mos def/slick rick), im prayin chefs new album has at least a few gems

i don't understand that sentiment.what was rappers delight exactly?

yes but those were tracks with lyrics/flow/legit talent.. not slewin out mambojambo like these clowns are today.. these "artists"( :lol: ) today rely on the beat and the beat only to sell records-- lyrics/flow/passion/etc are an afterthought when it comes to today's "hip hop".. you cannot call rakim/nas/wu/pac/etc/etc hip hop artists/groups and then call "lil weezy/jeezy/etc/../../.." "young <insert name here>/../.." hip hop artists.. its such an insult that is like calling michael jordan a professional basketball player and then calling hot sauce a professional basketball player..
TaxI
Pro Prospect

Post#25 » by TaxI » Tue Sep 1, 2009 3:33 am

yes but those were tracks with lyrics/flow/legit talent.. not slewin out mambojambo like these clowns are today.. these "artists"( :lol: ) today rely on the beat and the beat only to sell records-- lyrics/flow/passion/etc are an afterthought when it comes to today's "hip hop".. you cannot call rakim/nas/wu/pac/etc/etc hip hop artists/groups and then call "lil weezy/jeezy/etc/../../.." "young <insert name here>/../.." hip hop artists.. its such an insult that is like calling michael jordan a professional basketball player and then calling hot sauce a professional basketball player..

i agree with that, but I'm all for sonic progression.that's a big reason why i stopped listen to hip hop like 8 years ago.after the marshall mathers lp, nothing else interested me.all i listened to was pac,em, bone thugs, nas, biggie, dr.dre.all those nelly, jarule types all ruined that ****.

but if you could pair nas with a collection of super producers, and let nas, be nas, that wouldn't a horrible thing.
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,713

Post#26 » by Fat Kat » Tue Sep 1, 2009 3:34 am

KnicksMetsJetsNova wrote:yes but those were tracks with lyrics/flow/legit talent.. not slewin out mambojambo like these clowns are today.. these "artists"( :lol: ) today rely on the beat and the beat only to sell records-- lyrics/flow/passion/etc are an afterthought when it comes to today's "hip hop".. you cannot call rakim/nas/wu/pac/etc/etc hip hop artists/groups and then call "lil weezy/jeezy/etc/../../.." "young <insert name here>/../.." hip hop artists.. its such an insult that is like calling michael jordan a professional basketball player and then calling hot sauce a professional basketball player..

What does any of that have to do with this album? Just asking. And why would anyone who doesn't like an artist, be one of the first one's to download the album just to tell everyone how much they hate it? Weird stuff. If you don't like the artist, cool, but at least try to be objective.
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
TheBluest
Banned User
And1: 8
Location: Lottery Bound...Banned From UK 2-11-09 @ 12:30 am by Martin LOL!

Post#27 » by TheBluest » Tue Sep 1, 2009 3:35 am

j4remi wrote:It's okay, I'm disappointed a bit because I hold Jay to a higher standard. This is one of his weakest albums but it's actually solid enough after two listen throughs to stay in rotation...might be a "grow on you" album like American Gangster was for me.

Imagine if he had a 6yr layoff and worked with a Top 3 producer on almost every track. I wonder what you'd really be saying.
bringinhinkie
General Manager

Post#28 » by bringinhinkie » Tue Sep 1, 2009 3:39 am

Fat Kat wrote:
KnicksMetsJetsNova wrote:yes but those were tracks with lyrics/flow/legit talent.. not slewin out mambojambo like these clowns are today.. these "artists"( :lol: ) today rely on the beat and the beat only to sell records-- lyrics/flow/passion/etc are an afterthought when it comes to today's "hip hop".. you cannot call rakim/nas/wu/pac/etc/etc hip hop artists/groups and then call "lil weezy/jeezy/etc/../../.." "young <insert name here>/../.." hip hop artists.. its such an insult that is like calling michael jordan a professional basketball player and then calling hot sauce a professional basketball player..

What does any of that have to do with this album?
Just asking. And why would anyone who doesn't like an artist, be one of the first one's to download the album just to tell everyone how much they hate it? Weird stuff. If you don't like the artist, cool, but at least try to be objective.

with this album? absolutely nothing, clearly you didnt read my post..

I wrote:havent heard the album, but i agree with this statement.. hip hop is pretty much dead, its all pop music with naughty language nowadays and catchy club beats..

i didnt download this album, dont know why you said i did, havent told anyone i dont like it (like i said, i didnt download it).., and who said i dont like jay? i was talking about today's hip hop in general.. dont put words in my mouth.. (unless ofcourse your statements werent directed towards me, though you quoted me)..
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,504

Post#29 » by j4remi » Tue Sep 1, 2009 3:45 am

TheBluest wrote:
j4remi wrote:It's okay, I'm disappointed a bit because I hold Jay to a higher standard. This is one of his weakest albums but it's actually solid enough after two listen throughs to stay in rotation...might be a "grow on you" album like American Gangster was for me.

Imagine if he had a 6yr layoff and worked with a Top 3 producer on almost every track. I wonder what you'd really be saying.

I thought Kingdom Come sucked, if that's any indication. BP3 has a few dope tracks but majority is skippable to say the least. He has four tracks I really like a lot though; Home, Thank You, On To The Next One, and So Ambitious. I also think Empire State of Mind is a NY anthem. Add Run This Town and DOA to the list and that's not a bad album in the least. I have to go through the list a few more times and see if tracks will grow on me before I officially call this a complete disappointment.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,713

Post#30 » by Fat Kat » Tue Sep 1, 2009 3:45 am

Fat Kat wrote:

What does any of that have to do with this album?
Just asking. And why would anyone who doesn't like an artist, be one of the first one's to download the album just to tell everyone how much they hate it? Weird stuff. If you don't like the artist, cool, but at least try to be objective.

with this album? absolutely nothing, clearly you didnt read my post..

I wrote:havent heard the album, but i agree with this statement.. hip hop is pretty much dead, its all pop music with naughty language nowadays and catchy club beats..

i didnt download this album, dont know why you said i did, havent told anyone i dont like it (like i said, i didnt download it).., and who said i dont like jay? i was talking about today's hip hop in general.. dont put words in my mouth.. (unless ofcourse your statements werent directed towards me, though you quoted me)..

The second part of the post wasn't in reference to you. I highlighted some portions of shamgod's post, but it wouldn't let me include it. Too many quotes. However the first part was. I agree with some of the things said, but wondered why it wasn't brought up in one of the other Hip-Hop threads instead.
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
bringinhinkie
General Manager

Post#31 » by bringinhinkie » Tue Sep 1, 2009 3:53 am

Fat Kat wrote:The second part of the post wasn't in reference to you. I highlighted some portions of shamgod's post, but it wouldn't let me include it. Too many quotes. However the first part was. I agree with some of the things said, but wondered why it wasn't brought up in one of the other Hip-Hop threads instead.

ahh i gotcha my b.. really this is the 1st hip hop thread i have clicked on in a while, just happened to be the jay thread :D
livintoolive
Head Coach
And1: 173

Post#32 » by livintoolive » Tue Sep 1, 2009 4:16 am

No links, but a google search of blogs with the term blueprint 3 leak will probably yield some decent results. Sorry guys, gotta do it the hard way.
R-DAWG wrote:i'd rather have the pick to package with Amare's contract next offseason, but hey, I'm just an MBA student at NYU what do I know about business.
TBT
Pro Prospect
And1: 1

Post#33 » by TBT » Tue Sep 1, 2009 4:50 am

i listened to about half the album and had to stop....this is jays worst album to date
Duhon2Lee42
Banned User

Post#34 » by Duhon2Lee42 » Tue Sep 1, 2009 5:40 am

NOTE: From what I heard on the Radio, the Timberland Songs will not make the album due to the leaks. Also, I gave yall youtube links because thats how I heard it. Couldn't find any download links.

I personally thought the album was good (Already Home was amazing), but I see a lot of people hating it. We talk about wanting "real hip hop" with none of that Soulja Boy type stuff on here, and we get that, and people still aren't satisfied. Oh well, I enjoyed it.
Mad Mike
Rookie
And1: 14

Post#35 » by Mad Mike » Tue Sep 1, 2009 7:30 am

man i don't know why there so many haters for this album because im loving empire state of mind, forever young, a star born, kid cudi joint, Other tracks are starting to grow on me too. its pretty good album i think.
VinnyTheMick
RealGM
And1: 5

Post#36 » by VinnyTheMick » Tue Sep 1, 2009 11:28 am

Duhon2Lee42 wrote:NOTE: From what I heard on the Radio, the Timberland Songs will not make the album due to the leaks. Also, I gave yall youtube links because thats how I heard it. Couldn't find any download links.

What? venus vs. mars better still be on there.
http://www.nyccan.org/
Ask questions. Demand answers.
A foolish faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth.- Albert Einstein
VinnyTheMick
RealGM
And1: 5

Post#37 » by VinnyTheMick » Tue Sep 1, 2009 11:34 am

RutgersBJJ wrote: It sounds just like Kingdom Come.

Dr. Dre's subpar production on Kingdom Come is what killed that album for me. Haven't heard such subpar beats from Dre since "Nas Is Coming"
http://www.nyccan.org/
Ask questions. Demand answers.
A foolish faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth.- Albert Einstein
Duhon2Lee42
Banned User

Post#38 » by Duhon2Lee42 » Tue Sep 1, 2009 12:33 pm

Eh... Didn't know it was against the rules to give the links. My bad...
Duhon2Lee42
Banned User

Post#39 » by Duhon2Lee42 » Tue Sep 1, 2009 12:35 pm

VinnyTheMick wrote:
Duhon2Lee42 wrote:NOTE: From what I heard on the Radio, the Timberland Songs will not make the album due to the leaks. Also, I gave yall youtube links because thats how I heard it. Couldn't find any download links.

What? venus vs. mars better still be on there.

Not sure if it was Hot 97 or 105.1 but it was like 5 AM when I was in the car and they said Jay is removing Timbo joints from the album.
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,504

Post#40 » by j4remi » Tue Sep 1, 2009 2:17 pm

I've decided...I'll put the 8 or 9 songs I like into a folder and burn that making BP 1 and a half...and it will ride with me everywhere I go, while the actual CD (which I have to buy now) will be a coaster.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo

Return to New York Knicks