ImageImageImageImageImage

Rubio trade with Knicks in the works?

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

alphad0gz
Analyst
And1: 405

LMAO AT john2jer 

Post#121 » by alphad0gz » Thu Sep 3, 2009 1:59 am

Rubio has said that Minnesota's his #1 option
How dumb/naive are you really? What exactly would you expect him to say? No secret that Curry was living and breathing NY and yet when he was drafted by the Warriors he was all positive about GS, even though he looked like he was going to cry. Go back and check out Rubio's "WTF" look when Minnesota drafted him and then get back to me on how Minnesota is his first choice. Obviously, it is not.
john2jer
RealGM
And1: 452

Re: Rubio trade with Knicks in the works? 

Post#122 » by john2jer » Thu Sep 3, 2009 2:11 am

LJ4pointplay wrote:The only thing about ppl saying Minny isn't going anywhere for two years..

healthy Al Jeff
improved Kevin Love
solid vet Mike Miller
2nd half of last season Randy Foye
#6 pick Johnny Flynn

..that could be a playoff team even in the West (really depends on Flynn and Love's improvement).
Obviously not a championship team, but still a solid team and Rubio still might of been the better option but its not like that Timberwolve team wouldn't have had potential for saying 45-50 wins.

At best we would have challenged for 40. We were a 34 win team when McHale was coaching and Jefferson was healthy. Add in a better coaching staff, improved play out of uor pups, and Jonny Flynn, if the stars aligned, we might have had a chance at 40.

But don't be confused, Randy Foye wasn't that good.
basketball royalty wrote:Is Miami considered a big city in the States? I thought guys just went there because of the weather and the bitches?
john2jer
RealGM
And1: 452

Re: LMAO AT alphaMutt 

Post#123 » by john2jer » Thu Sep 3, 2009 2:14 am

alphad0gz wrote:
Rubio has said that Minnesota's his #1 option
How dumb/naive are you really? What exactly would you expect him to say? No secret that Curry was living and breathing NY and yet when he was drafted by the Warriors he was all positive about GS, even though he looked like he was going to cry. Go back and check out Rubio's "WTF" look when Minnesota drafted him and then get back to me on how Minnesota is his first choice. Obviously, it is not.

I'm not sure what the funny part is? Maybe that you haven't been keeping up with the whole ordeal?

Rubio admitted in an interview a couple weeks ago that he was mis-informed, and after putting the effort in was very interested in the Wolves.

Not sure how it's dumb/naive to take someone at the their word. Maybe it's that hard knock New York life that's made you so cynical. :roll:
basketball royalty wrote:Is Miami considered a big city in the States? I thought guys just went there because of the weather and the bitches?

Return to New York Knicks