ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Listening Session For All(Markdeez Certify It)

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

markdeez33
RealGM
And1: 2,192

Re: OT: Listening Session For All(Markdeez Certify It) 

Post#21 » by markdeez33 » Thu Sep 3, 2009 2:37 am

No doubt StutterStep

Check out the new song on my myspace www.myspace.com/markdeez w/ Ras Kass
TheBluest
Banned User
And1: 8
Location: Lottery Bound...Banned From UK 2-11-09 @ 12:30 am by Martin LOL!

Post#22 » by TheBluest » Thu Sep 3, 2009 3:24 am

markdeez33 wrote:Alright Bluest here's what I think:

Track One: This is definitely reminiscent of the Southern/Crunk/Bounce tracks I'm so used to down here. But once again, its very generic. This is the kind of music I hear from so many different artists, but they show more energy on this track than they have on any of the other tracks that I've reviewed.

Track Two: This is the first track I listened to, the beat is pretty smooth, it sounds like something I would rock to, a definite laid back banger, something you can smoke out to. It definitely has that midwest flavor to it. I thought the lyrics were pretty decent, its exactly what I expected for a song of this nature. On the 1st verse, the dude has a pretty good voice, but his presence isn't really felt. He sounds confident, but he needs to bring more energy to the track, if you sound like you're asleep, then your listener will follow suit. I think they need to work on grasping the attention of the listener and not letting go. The sound is VERY similar to a friend of mine whom I used to record with named Konflict, who had some of the dopest flows I ever heard, but his voice was very monotone. I guess its that style that provokes it, but I think if they bring more energy they could definitely make some noise. I didn't get past the first verse, damn internet connection SUCKS where I am.

Track Three: The first verse the quality sounds weird, like he recorded it on a computer microphone. Once again, no energy. The 1st dude sounded like he was asleep, the 2nd person had a little more energy but not as much mic presence. The beat is quite average, actually, though it steps it up in the 2nd verse. It just sounds to me like they were somewhere recording trying to be "quiet", like they were at a home studio and everybody was asleep and they weren't trying to disturb the other residents of the house or something, tell them to get HYPE, bring the energy. The flows and delivery are on point, but the lyrics could be better. Also who is the young dude? He sounds like he could be about 14 years old LOL, but once again, rap artists are like wine - they get better with age, tell them to keep working hard.

Track Four: The piano sounds pretty nice on here, but once again, the track sounds pretty generic. The quality sounds pretty weird, tell them to bring the energy and quit being so damn quiet, LOL. Thats really my biggest problem with the tracks, is that there isn't enough energy. The beat is quite a nice hybrid of R&B and midwest style of rap. I think the lyrics could've been a lot better on this track, its super long, and it doesn't hold the attention of the listener for 6 minutes.

Overall: I think as a group they have good chemistry, but once again, NO ENERGY. Tell them to step it up. In this business, you have to rap with that FIRE, that FUEL, that PASSION. Otherwise, you'll just go unnoticed like so many of us do. If they want to be great and respected artists, they have to find their "niche" in the game so to speak. It sounds like they should stick to the Midwest Underground style of music. I'm not sure exactly where they're from, but thats the style of music that they remind me of. If they step up their energy, if they step up their lyrical content, and if they step up their recording quality, I don't see why they couldn't find their way in the door of the game.

I would like to see them diversify a little bit and use energy. When you make the southern style of music, you MUST have energy. This style is like a hybrid of Midwest/South music, but they need more energy and more concepts. It seems like they speak on the same subjects on different songs, tell them don't be afraid to say whatever they want. Thats what make GREAT artists - GREAT - freedom of speech.

This was a good write up and very fair through and through. Would you be interested in Networking? I'll figure where they are at and how they air out their production. Touch the Red with the Black and Boooom Blow Up......LOL

You got email hook up on profile so I may drop a line to you. You in the ATL right?
Duhon2Lee42
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#23 » by Duhon2Lee42 » Thu Sep 3, 2009 8:40 am

I intended to make a long review, but it seems like everything has been said. Nice lyrics, you notice the talent, but energy is lacking. It seems like someone wrote raps, gave it to them, and said "read this". On the bright side, this is older work and you can definitely hear the talent, but if that was them right now they wouldn't have to many fans. Its relaxing music, but it'll bore you after a while.

However... Deadly Alliance 2 is my ****. Lol. I can bump that all day. Calm down, hardcore rap fans. Not saying its the greatest song ever and I really don't know what it is. I just love, not like, but love the song. Bluest, do you have a mp3 download link for that?
TheBluest
Banned User
And1: 8
Location: Lottery Bound...Banned From UK 2-11-09 @ 12:30 am by Martin LOL!

Post#24 » by TheBluest » Thu Sep 3, 2009 3:21 pm

Duhon2Lee42 wrote:I intended to make a long review, but it seems like everything has been said. Nice lyrics, you notice the talent, but energy is lacking. It seems like someone wrote raps, gave it to them, and said "read this". On the bright side, this is older work and you can definitely hear the talent, but if that was them right now they wouldn't have to many fans. Its relaxing music, but it'll bore you after a while.

However... Deadly Alliance 2 is my ****. Lol. I can bump that all day. Calm down, hardcore rap fans. Not saying its the greatest song ever and I really don't know what it is. I just love, not like, but love the song. Bluest, do you have a mp3 download link for that?

It would be easier if you provided your email. I don't have like a zshare or rapidshare account and I assume you don't have an imeem account.

Cool write-ups from everyone once again.
StutterStep
RealGM
And1: 58

Post#25 » by StutterStep » Thu Sep 3, 2009 4:56 pm

Yeah track 2 is lethal!
markdeez33
RealGM
And1: 2,192

Post#26 » by markdeez33 » Thu Sep 3, 2009 10:44 pm

TheBluest wrote:
markdeez33 wrote:Alright Bluest here's what I think:

Track One: This is definitely reminiscent of the Southern/Crunk/Bounce tracks I'm so used to down here. But once again, its very generic. This is the kind of music I hear from so many different artists, but they show more energy on this track than they have on any of the other tracks that I've reviewed.

Track Two: This is the first track I listened to, the beat is pretty smooth, it sounds like something I would rock to, a definite laid back banger, something you can smoke out to. It definitely has that midwest flavor to it. I thought the lyrics were pretty decent, its exactly what I expected for a song of this nature. On the 1st verse, the dude has a pretty good voice, but his presence isn't really felt. He sounds confident, but he needs to bring more energy to the track, if you sound like you're asleep, then your listener will follow suit. I think they need to work on grasping the attention of the listener and not letting go. The sound is VERY similar to a friend of mine whom I used to record with named Konflict, who had some of the dopest flows I ever heard, but his voice was very monotone. I guess its that style that provokes it, but I think if they bring more energy they could definitely make some noise. I didn't get past the first verse, damn internet connection SUCKS where I am.

Track Three: The first verse the quality sounds weird, like he recorded it on a computer microphone. Once again, no energy. The 1st dude sounded like he was asleep, the 2nd person had a little more energy but not as much mic presence. The beat is quite average, actually, though it steps it up in the 2nd verse. It just sounds to me like they were somewhere recording trying to be "quiet", like they were at a home studio and everybody was asleep and they weren't trying to disturb the other residents of the house or something, tell them to get HYPE, bring the energy. The flows and delivery are on point, but the lyrics could be better. Also who is the young dude? He sounds like he could be about 14 years old LOL, but once again, rap artists are like wine - they get better with age, tell them to keep working hard.

Track Four: The piano sounds pretty nice on here, but once again, the track sounds pretty generic. The quality sounds pretty weird, tell them to bring the energy and quit being so damn quiet, LOL. Thats really my biggest problem with the tracks, is that there isn't enough energy. The beat is quite a nice hybrid of R&B and midwest style of rap. I think the lyrics could've been a lot better on this track, its super long, and it doesn't hold the attention of the listener for 6 minutes.

Overall: I think as a group they have good chemistry, but once again, NO ENERGY. Tell them to step it up. In this business, you have to rap with that FIRE, that FUEL, that PASSION. Otherwise, you'll just go unnoticed like so many of us do. If they want to be great and respected artists, they have to find their "niche" in the game so to speak. It sounds like they should stick to the Midwest Underground style of music. I'm not sure exactly where they're from, but thats the style of music that they remind me of. If they step up their energy, if they step up their lyrical content, and if they step up their recording quality, I don't see why they couldn't find their way in the door of the game.

I would like to see them diversify a little bit and use energy. When you make the southern style of music, you MUST have energy. This style is like a hybrid of Midwest/South music, but they need more energy and more concepts. It seems like they speak on the same subjects on different songs, tell them don't be afraid to say whatever they want. Thats what make GREAT artists - GREAT - freedom of speech.

This was a good write up and very fair through and through. Would you be interested in Networking? I'll figure where they are at and how they air out their production. Touch the Red with the Black and Boooom Blow Up......LOL

You got email hook up on profile so I may drop a line to you. You in the ATL right?

Bluest, hit me up at markdeez33@gmail.com

I am in Augusta, which is about 2 1/2 hours from Atlanta. I don't really mess with the ATL music scene, more the Columbia, SC music scene. There's too much snap, crackle, and pop rap going on in ATL for me.

I will do a track with them. Let me know if they're interested. I usually charge like $100 for a verse but I'll do it for free just because you're the **** man Bluest

Return to New York Knicks