ImageImageImageImageImage

If Hill ends up a "bust" what do you win by saying it now?

Moderators: HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK

stuporman
RealGM
And1: 16,583

Re: If Hill ends up a "bust" what do you win by saying it now? 

Post#21 » by stuporman » Wed Nov 4, 2009 2:24 pm

If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
richardhutnik
Banned User
And1: 10

Post#22 » by richardhutnik » Wed Nov 4, 2009 3:31 pm

GuyverADL wrote:
richardhutnik wrote:Please let me know. All I can see is more Knicks sucking. Remind me how Knicks sucking is a great prize to win. What is great about being right about a player, if it means that the Knicks suck?

- Rich

This all leads back to questioning why some posters kiss the ground management walks on.

How many times have I read Walsh and company know more than some poster on the internet. They worked these guys out. Blah blah blah it's their job. Blah blah.

Walsh and company are not perfect and I will not nod my head in agreement like some lemmings on this forum.

It is called "trying to have hope". The Knicks have sucked long enough, you want to be a FAN and have HOPE. I would be calling out people who said Hill is a lock for the Hall of Fame NOW, nearly at the same rate as I have those are pronouncing him a bust, and bringing up Jennings ALL THE TIME. EVERY game Jennings does well in, we are going to get a thread on here. Knicks didn't even select him. And if they had Douglas on their radar, and locked down to be selected, it makes sense to me that you don't take Jennings and you go with a big. The exception being perhaps Steph Curry, who they were very high on. Both Hill and Curry had a better track record than Jennings.

- Rich
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies." - G. Marx
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 116

Post#23 » by TKF » Wed Nov 4, 2009 4:55 pm

j4remi wrote:
OooSplendiforous wrote:You don't understand nobody WANTS him to be a bust, we're all Knick fans here. The fact that we have one of the least talented rosters in the league means we couldn't afford to draft a bust here. Add that to the fact that we have no lottery pick this year, this was our final chance to add a talented piece to a supporting group that's suppposed to appear attractive to LeBron. How many drafts have we ruined man? Sweetney, Weiss, Trading the pick for Dyess, passing on Bynum for Frye, etc. When does it end for us? How much bad luck can one franchise have?! I'm just pissed off at poor management, we needed a point guard especially when considering we will live and die by D'Antoni's system due to his 4 year contract. We never catch a break, we're frustrated that's it. We deserve to get it right for once! Regardless of what I think about Jordan Hill, we NEEDED A POINT GUARD!!! There are so many players picked after him that can contribute while also having a bright future, J Hill gives us absolutely NOTHING and it sucks. It's about the team making the right personnel decisions and ceasing the continuous screwing of its fan base

But the concept of selecting a project player means that he won't contribute right away and will need time to develop. Labeling him a bust now is like saying a book sucks because you didn't like the foreword. It's hating the title screen of a movie so much you refuse to watch the rest. It's just DUMB. You bring up D'antoni's system and how we're locked in, well guess what, from the limited viewing of Jordan Hill we've had...he FITS the system. At 8 the only PG that had a legitimate excuse for being picked was BJ who really doesn't for a number of reasons. It's a tough thing waiting and all, I wish it were Thanksgiving already because I love turkey...but I'm not whining about it.

We did this with Gallo. A handful of posters asked for patience while the rest labeled him bust due to injury and limited to no viewing of his play. We did this after Crawford and Zbo were dealt. A number of posters actually were upset and said the team was a joke for tanking thanks to dealing Crawford and Zbo! It's time to sit back and think maybe as a fan base we're being unreasonable and unrealistic. When people say "you can't rebuild in New York" ...a stroll through this message board would be all they needed to prove it.

exactly!! And this type of post bothers me a bit..
There are so many players picked after him that can contribute while also having a bright future,

well the same thing can be said of hill. he can contribute and he can have a bright future. what determines that he can't? because he isn't playing now?

Some people never learn from the gallo situation.. they keep making the same assumptions and mistakes...

Calm down people, take a deep breath, enjoy the games, have some patience....
seren
RealGM
And1: 4,281

Post#24 » by seren » Wed Nov 4, 2009 5:06 pm

Hill is a future HOF. There I said it and I feel good about it. Better be a homer than a troll who cries over a pick every damn day.

Did I say that Jennings sucks?

Return to New York Knicks