ImageImageImageImageImage

If Hill ends up a "bust" what do you win by saying it now?

Moderators: HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK

richardhutnik
Banned User
And1: 10

If Hill ends up a "bust" what do you win by saying it now? 

Post#1 » by richardhutnik » Wed Nov 4, 2009 6:24 am

Please let me know. All I can see is more Knicks sucking. Remind me how Knicks sucking is a great prize to win. What is great about being right about a player, if it means that the Knicks suck?

- Rich
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies." - G. Marx
method
RealGM
And1: 299

Re: If Hill ends up a "bust" what do you win by saying it now? 

Post#2 » by method » Wed Nov 4, 2009 6:30 am

With fans like that who needs trolls?
mjhp911
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14

Post#3 » by mjhp911 » Wed Nov 4, 2009 6:36 am

richardhutnik wrote:Please let me know. All I can see is more Knicks sucking. Remind me how Knicks sucking is a great prize to win. What is great about being right about a player, if it means that the Knicks suck?

- Rich

So wait, people weren't right to start claiming from the start, that Marb sucked, Zeke sucked, Eddy sucked, etc., etc.? That's no fun...
OooSplendiforous
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#4 » by OooSplendiforous » Wed Nov 4, 2009 6:41 am

You don't understand nobody WANTS him to be a bust, we're all Knick fans here. The fact that we have one of the least talented rosters in the league means we couldn't afford to draft a bust here. Add that to the fact that we have no lottery pick this year, this was our final chance to add a talented piece to a supporting group that's suppposed to appear attractive to LeBron. How many drafts have we ruined man? Sweetney, Weiss, Trading the pick for Dyess, passing on Bynum for Frye, etc. When does it end for us? How much bad luck can one franchise have?! I'm just pissed off at poor management, we needed a point guard especially when considering we will live and die by D'Antoni's system due to his 4 year contract. We never catch a break, we're frustrated that's it. We deserve to get it right for once! Regardless of what I think about Jordan Hill, we NEEDED A POINT GUARD!!! There are so many players picked after him that can contribute while also having a bright future, J Hill gives us absolutely NOTHING and it sucks. It's about the team making the right personnel decisions and ceasing the continuous screwing of its fan base
waya
RealGM
And1: 5,148

Post#5 » by waya » Wed Nov 4, 2009 6:42 am

Rich may be crazy, but hes got a point.

Haters need to take a chill pill and be patient, cause we all see how their fickle a**es turned around on Gallo.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 93,139

Post#6 » by Capn'O » Wed Nov 4, 2009 6:54 am

mjhp911 wrote:
richardhutnik wrote:Please let me know. All I can see is more Knicks sucking. Remind me how Knicks sucking is a great prize to win. What is great about being right about a player, if it means that the Knicks suck?

- Rich

So wait, people weren't right to start claiming from the start, that Marb sucked, Zeke sucked, Eddy sucked, etc., etc.? That's no fun...

I think Rich's previous thread - that all of this nonsense should be consolidated into one stickied thread - warrants some consideration.

What about a "2009/10 rookie debate" thread?
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
hehe624
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#7 » by hehe624 » Wed Nov 4, 2009 7:35 am

what they can win is attention. in elementary school i tripped girls because i didn't know of any other ways to get them to notice me. but here in this case it's grown men who are hungry for attention.
GuyverADL
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#8 » by GuyverADL » Wed Nov 4, 2009 7:41 am

- Rich

This all leads back to questioning why some posters kiss the ground management walks on.

How many times have I read Walsh and company know more than some poster on the internet. They worked these guys out. Blah blah blah it's their job. Blah blah.

Walsh and company are not perfect and I will not nod my head in agreement like some lemmings on this forum.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,465

Post#9 » by GONYK » Wed Nov 4, 2009 7:53 am

OooSplendiforous wrote:You don't understand nobody WANTS him to be a bust

False
duetta
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,857

Post#10 » by duetta » Wed Nov 4, 2009 11:00 am

OooSplendiforous wrote:J Hill gives us absolutely NOTHING and it sucks. It's about the team making the right personnel decisions and ceasing the continuous screwing of its fan base

Right. Like Walsh and D'Antoni are deliberately attempting to screw the Knicks' fan base. It's a plot, an inescapable conspiracy.
Paeds
Banned User
And1: 4

Post#11 » by Paeds » Wed Nov 4, 2009 12:48 pm

You don't understand nobody WANTS him to be a bust, we're all Knick fans here.

what fantasyland are you living in?
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,647

Post#12 » by j4remi » Wed Nov 4, 2009 1:06 pm

OooSplendiforous wrote:You don't understand nobody WANTS him to be a bust, we're all Knick fans here. The fact that we have one of the least talented rosters in the league means we couldn't afford to draft a bust here. Add that to the fact that we have no lottery pick this year, this was our final chance to add a talented piece to a supporting group that's suppposed to appear attractive to LeBron. How many drafts have we ruined man? Sweetney, Weiss, Trading the pick for Dyess, passing on Bynum for Frye, etc. When does it end for us? How much bad luck can one franchise have?! I'm just pissed off at poor management, we needed a point guard especially when considering we will live and die by D'Antoni's system due to his 4 year contract. We never catch a break, we're frustrated that's it. We deserve to get it right for once! Regardless of what I think about Jordan Hill, we NEEDED A POINT GUARD!!! There are so many players picked after him that can contribute while also having a bright future, J Hill gives us absolutely NOTHING and it sucks. It's about the team making the right personnel decisions and ceasing the continuous screwing of its fan base

But the concept of selecting a project player means that he won't contribute right away and will need time to develop. Labeling him a bust now is like saying a book sucks because you didn't like the foreword. It's hating the title screen of a movie so much you refuse to watch the rest. It's just DUMB. You bring up D'antoni's system and how we're locked in, well guess what, from the limited viewing of Jordan Hill we've had...he FITS the system. At 8 the only PG that had a legitimate excuse for being picked was BJ who really doesn't for a number of reasons. It's a tough thing waiting and all, I wish it were Thanksgiving already because I love turkey...but I'm not whining about it.

We did this with Gallo. A handful of posters asked for patience while the rest labeled him bust due to injury and limited to no viewing of his play. We did this after Crawford and Zbo were dealt. A number of posters actually were upset and said the team was a joke for tanking thanks to dealing Crawford and Zbo! It's time to sit back and think maybe as a fan base we're being unreasonable and unrealistic. When people say "you can't rebuild in New York" ...a stroll through this message board would be all they needed to prove it.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 30,586

Post#13 » by Fat Kat » Wed Nov 4, 2009 1:07 pm

OooSplendiforous wrote:You don't understand nobody WANTS him to be a bust, we're all Knick fans here. The fact that we have one of the least talented rosters in the league means we couldn't afford to draft a bust here. Add that to the fact that we have no lottery pick this year, this was our final chance to add a talented piece to a supporting group that's suppposed to appear attractive to LeBron. How many drafts have we ruined man? Sweetney, Weiss, Trading the pick for Dyess, passing on Bynum for Frye, etc. When does it end for us? How much bad luck can one franchise have?! I'm just pissed off at poor management, we needed a point guard especially when considering we will live and die by D'Antoni's system due to his 4 year contract. We never catch a break, we're frustrated that's it. We deserve to get it right for once! Regardless of what I think about Jordan Hill, we NEEDED A POINT GUARD!!! There are so many players picked after him that can contribute while also having a bright future, J Hill gives us absolutely NOTHING and it sucks. It's about the team making the right personnel decisions and ceasing the continuous screwing of its fan base

It's actually about the team making the right decisions for the long term and not being short sighted like some of our posters. For the record, you were begging for Allen Iverson not long ago. How do you think that would have turned out? The management is different now. Have a little patience.
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 51,163

Post#14 » by Deeeez Knicks » Wed Nov 4, 2009 1:19 pm

The hating gets a little ridiculous. Every draft pick at least deserves a chance. People dont even want to give him a chance.

That so many people dislike the pick is probably a good sign if anything though.
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 51,163

Post#15 » by Deeeez Knicks » Wed Nov 4, 2009 1:21 pm

Its also amazing how some posters seem to be wrong about almost everything too to the point where I'm not even sure if they are serious or just joking and being a troll
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
EchelonNYK
RealGM
And1: 6,660

Post#16 » by EchelonNYK » Wed Nov 4, 2009 1:23 pm

i still have hopes for this kid.
King of Canada
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,011

Post#17 » by King of Canada » Wed Nov 4, 2009 1:53 pm

A two slice toaster!!!
BAF Pacers

F. Campazzo/ J. Clarkson/ K. Lewis Jr
D. Mitchell/ J. Richardson/S. Merrill
Luka/Melo
Zion/Gay/Gabriel
KAT/Kabengele

F. Mason, Jontay, J. Harris

RIP mags :beer:
BelieveTheDream
RealGM
And1: 45

Post#18 » by BelieveTheDream » Wed Nov 4, 2009 1:56 pm

Hill does give us another dimension we need but im just hoping it was worth the 8th pick...Im still undecided about him cause i just really havn't got to see him play,hopefully he will bulk up and earn some playing time...but as of now ill be the first to admit jennings has really impressed me and with us needing a PG i really with he didn't open up his mouth during workouts etc and maybe we would of taken another look at him...
Thorn
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,162

Post#19 » by Thorn » Wed Nov 4, 2009 2:04 pm

I do not think anyone thinks our management is perfect. No one is perfect and if they were I wouldn't want to associate with them because I couldn't live up to that kind of standard.

From my point of view it is wrong however to jump down their throat for every misstep, especially in drafting players which is hard to look at something like potential and get it right is impossible all the time.

So while people can say there are people here think our management is perfect, for as many of those there are around here there are just as many who think they do no right either. That is also a falsehood.

Somewhere in the middle lies the truth.

As to the OP why do people want to say it now? Because people love to stroke their epeens by saying "I told you so".

The people i respect are the ones who say "Hey you know I really thought X but I was wrong" but like I have said in the past it is better to not set yourself up for a hard fall, be patient watch, and don't make broad statements and claim them as fact. The only fact about Hill right now is NO ONE here knows what kind of player he will become. He could be a bust, he could be a force to reckon with. Time will tell us that not a poster on these forums.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,191

Post#20 » by moocow007 » Wed Nov 4, 2009 2:10 pm

waya wrote:Rich may be crazy, but hes got a point.

Haters need to take a chill pill and be patient, cause we all see how their fickle a**es turned around on Gallo.

Rich isn't crazy. He's a genius...just in his own special way. :D

Return to New York Knicks