ImageImageImageImage

2023-2024 Regular Season Game 60: Utah Jazz (27-32) at Orlando Magic (33-26) - 7pm

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, SOUL, ChosenSavior

orlando_joe
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,670

Re: 2023-2024 Regular Season Game 60: Utah Jazz (27-32) at Orlando Magic (33-26) - 7pm 

Post#501 » by orlando_joe » Fri Mar 1, 2024 7:36 pm

JoshuaPotter wrote:
eyriq wrote:
TheChaser wrote:I love being a part of this little family we have ourselves here. I completely missed the entire game but I can come in here and read a couple of pages and almost feel like I had been at the game.
This is the best community around

Make no mistake, even when I didn't post I always checked in for the lols and hot takes.

yep...here for it all
The-Stallion70
Bench Warmer
And1: 423

Re: 2023-2024 Regular Season Game 60: Utah Jazz (27-32) at Orlando Magic (33-26) - 7pm 

Post#502 » by The-Stallion70 » Fri Mar 1, 2024 8:13 pm

We're gonna put P Johns outta business we keep this **** up
thelead wrote:I have a memory like an elephant.
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,933

Post#503 » by RookieStar » Fri Mar 1, 2024 8:42 pm

JoshuaPotter wrote:
RookieStar wrote:
Bensational wrote:Silver lining, eyriq and Rookiestar get to enjoy Keynote’s success…

You know it!

Cough cough.....cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough

Just because I do not post during the games doesn't mean I am not reading......

Let me compare Keyonte vs Jett stateline tonight.

Oh no Jett didn't play?

What's this you say? Keyonte went 19p / 9a / 2-4 3pts?

Why it's almost like he was making a statement.

To misquote Jimmy Butler : " Tobias.. ahem ahem.. Jett Howard over me??? " - Keyonte probably
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#504 » by RookieStar » Fri Mar 1, 2024 8:48 pm

JoshuaPotter wrote:
eyriq wrote:
TheChaser wrote:I love being a part of this little family we have ourselves here. I completely missed the entire game but I can come in here and read a couple of pages and almost feel like I had been at the game.
This is the best community around

Make no mistake, even when I didn't post I always checked in for the lols and hot takes.

Problem with that is... when i read the spicy takes I feel like we are down by 10 already and when I looked at the box score we are still leading by double digits.
JoshuaPotter
Starter
And1: 711

Post#505 » by JoshuaPotter » Fri Mar 1, 2024 9:10 pm

RookieStar wrote:
JoshuaPotter wrote:
eyriq wrote:This is the best community around

Problem with that is... when i read the spicy takes I feel like we are down by 10 already and when I looked at the box score we are still leading by double digits.

Yeah, I just feel left out because me, you and eyriq were on the OG Keyonte hype train. We liked him before he had a good stat line against us.
JoshuaPotter
Starter
And1: 711

Post#506 » by JoshuaPotter » Fri Mar 1, 2024 9:36 pm

KillMonger wrote:
bigdogdylan5 wrote:
eyriq wrote:Mosley breaks my heart with these kinds of decisions

It’s tough for a team trying to win. Fultz is more reliable on both ends of the floor than Black right now. He plays defense without fouling as much as Black and he makes quicker and better decisions on offense running the offense. Black shooting over Fultz is not enough to swing the pendulum especially when he is good for 2-3 just head scratching turnovers. I think Black will be good but for winning right now the coach is going to take the experience of Fultz.
That's saying a lot because Fultz himself hasn't really been playing well... So much so that he can't be on the floor in crunch time

Sent from my [Hands] using RealGM mobile app

Fultz seemed more put together last night then other games not going to lie there. That lob to Cole Anthony had me wondering where the hades has that Fultz and yes even Cole been the entire year.

Oh that's right playing "so well" we would rather watch a raw rookie play. :naaa:
TheChaser
Analyst
And1: 492

Post#507 » by TheChaser » Fri Mar 1, 2024 10:00 pm

RookieStar wrote:
JoshuaPotter wrote:
eyriq wrote:This is the best community around

:lol: :lol:
maginno wrote:There is nothing wrong with this team that putting a few unloaded guns in Carter's gym bag will not solve.
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,585

Post#508 » by eyriq » Sat Mar 2, 2024 2:22 am

bigdogdylan5 wrote:
eyriq wrote:
bigdogdylan5 wrote:It’s tough for a team trying to win. Fultz is more reliable on both ends of the floor than Black right now. He plays defense without fouling as much as Black and he makes quicker and better decisions on offense running the offense. Black shooting over Fultz is not enough to swing the pendulum especially when he is good for 2-3 just head scratching turnovers. I think Black will be good but for winning right now the coach is going to take the experience of Fultz.
I trust Mosley. BUT I suspect it's less about impact on winning and more about politics. I think it is politically easier to play the vets over the rooks.

Fultz does not have an overwhelming advantage on AB in terms of impact on winning. Especially not enough of one to counter the benefits of developing AB. Politics can help explain the Fultz preference.

Might be. Fultz is not making a stink about his playing time and seems to be being a good soldier. Mosley has done a good job of earning trust with all the players. I just think it’s more about experience and trust. With politics and that could be intertwined a bit. So we might be saying similar things.

I was curious to look at the individual impact of Black and Fultz on the same lineups. Turns out they've 'shared' 43 lineups. This is a pretty straightforward approach to "controlling for teammates" to get directly at the impact of AB vs Fultz.

The most common lineup between the two of them is Suggs/Franz/Paolo/WCJ, which has performed better with Fultz than Black by 5.2 points per 100 possessions.

Based on this look you can say that Fultz is maybe better by 1.2 points, but the 95% confidence interval would range from -15 points better for Fultz (yeah right) to 12 points better for AB (obvs)

Several things here, it isn't conclusive that Fultz is better, but this is a very down year for Fultz. To AB's credit, he's also doing pretty darn good for a rookie. Just interesting times.

Lineup | Net Rating Difference (Black - Fultz) | Minimum Minutes
F. Wagner, J. Suggs, P. Banchero, W. Carter Jr. | -5.2 | 63
C. Anthony, F. Wagner, P. Banchero, W. Carter Jr. | -33.2 | 13
F. Wagner, G. Bitadze, J. Suggs, P. Banchero | 42.2 | 12
C. Anthony, F. Wagner, M. Wagner, P. Banchero | 0.1 | 11
J. Ingles, J. Suggs, P. Banchero, W. Carter Jr. | -31.1 | 10
G. Bitadze, J. Ingles, J. Suggs, P. Banchero | -28.4 | 9
C. Anthony, J. Ingles, M. Wagner, P. Banchero | 4.4 | 8
C. Houstan, G. Bitadze, J. Suggs, P. Banchero | -16.3 | 7
F. Wagner, J. Isaac, J. Suggs, P. Banchero | -49.4 | 6
J. Ingles, J. Suggs, M. Wagner, P. Banchero | 73.2 | 5
C. Anthony, C. Okeke, J. Ingles, M. Wagner | 25.3 | 4
G. Harris, J. Suggs, P. Banchero, W. Carter Jr. | -67.2 | 4
C. Anthony, F. Wagner, J. Isaac, W. Carter Jr. | -48.2 | 4
C. Houstan, M. Wagner, P. Banchero, T. Queen | 27.6 | 4
C. Anthony, J. Ingles, P. Banchero, W. Carter Jr. | -28.0 | 4
C. Okeke, J. Suggs, P. Banchero, W. Carter Jr. | 130.4 | 3
F. Wagner, G. Harris, P. Banchero, W. Carter Jr. | 13.9 | 3
C. Anthony, G. Harris, P. Banchero, W. Carter Jr. | 21.2 | 3
C. Anthony, F. Wagner, J. Ingles, M. Wagner | 58.3 | 3
C. Anthony, J. Ingles, J. Isaac, W. Carter Jr. | 8.5 | 2
C. Anthony, J. Suggs, P. Banchero, W. Carter Jr. | 1.3 | 2
G. Harris, J. Ingles, M. Wagner, P. Banchero | 70.0 | 2
C. Anthony, C. Houstan, M. Wagner, P. Banchero | -22.7 | 2
C. Houstan, G. Bitadze, P. Banchero, T. Queen | 73.3 | 2
C. Houstan, J. Suggs, M. Wagner, P. Banchero | -151.7 | 2
C. Anthony, G. Bitadze, J. Ingles, P. Banchero | 125.0 | 2
F. Wagner, J. Suggs, M. Wagner, P. Banchero | 18.3 | 2
C. Anthony, J. Ingles, J. Isaac, M. Wagner | 56.4 | 2
J. Ingles, P. Banchero, T. Queen, W. Carter Jr. | -100.0 | 1
F. Wagner, J. Isaac, P. Banchero, W. Carter Jr. | -76.2 | 1
F. Wagner, J. Isaac, M. Wagner, P. Banchero | -250.0 | 1
C. Anthony, C. Houstan, C. Okeke, M. Wagner | 154.8 | 1
C. Houstan, F. Wagner, J. Suggs, W. Carter Jr. | -53.6 | 1
C. Anthony, G. Harris, M. Wagner, P. Banchero | 90.0 | 1
C. Anthony, F. Wagner, J. Isaac, M. Wagner | -3.6 | 1
C. Anthony, F. Wagner, G. Bitadze, W. Carter Jr. | 33.3 | 1
C. Anthony, C. Okeke, M. Wagner, T. Queen | 117.6 | 1
F. Wagner, G. Harris, M. Wagner, P. Banchero | 195.2 | 0
F. Wagner, G. Harris, J. Isaac, M. Wagner | 83.3 | 0
C. Okeke, G. Bitadze, J. Suggs, P. Banchero | -24.2 | 0
C. Anthony, G. Harris, J. Ingles, M. Wagner | -150.0 | 0
C. Anthony, F. Wagner, G. Harris, M. Wagner | -400.0 | 0
J. Isaac, J. Suggs, P. Banchero, W. Carter Jr. | -140.0 | 0
TheChaser
Analyst
And1: 492

Post#509 » by TheChaser » Sat Mar 2, 2024 5:43 am

First off, wonderful post above eyriq, secondly...from watching a lot of league pass and instagram highlights, one would think that Mo Wag has to be close to leading the league in dunks this year. I mean, I've seen 5 highlights in a row of him throwing it down. I don't know where to get the fancy advanced statistical numbers that some of you do, hence why I am not a superly high esteemed poster like you guys either! I'd like to know your secret resources though!
maginno wrote:There is nothing wrong with this team that putting a few unloaded guns in Carter's gym bag will not solve.
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#510 » by eyriq » Sat Mar 2, 2024 6:00 am

TheChaser wrote:First off, wonderful post above eyriq, secondly...from watching a lot of league pass and instagram highlights, one would think that Mo Wag has to be close to leading the league in dunks this year. I mean, I've seen 5 highlights in a row of him throwing it down. I don't know where to get the fancy advanced statistical numbers that some of you do, hence why I am not a superly high esteemed poster like you guys either! I'd like to know your secret resources though!
NBA.Com and basketball reference!
Residual-Heat
Sixth Man
And1: 1,137

Post#511 » by Residual-Heat » Sat Mar 2, 2024 6:23 pm

“What was more important than those big threes was his defense. I think he did a fantastic job guarding [Keyonte George] for the most part, getting into the basketball, being willing to switch, he kept his poise and demeanor throughout the night," said coach Jamahl Mosley.

Suggs was a menace on defense, holding the Jazz to 37.5 percent shooting when he was the closest defender. As for Keyonte George, he added 19 points, but Suggs held him to 12 points on a woeful 25 percent shooting percentage. He also helped force a turnover.

While George was able to rack up six of his nine assists while being guarded by Suggs, that is more of a testament to Utah's ability (and Orlando's willingness) to get open. Suggs has been a consistently excellent point-of-attack defender all season, and while his defense leaves plenty to be desired, his defense is helping the Orlando Magic play winning basketball before the playoffs.

https://www.si.com/nba/magic/news/orlando-magic-jalen-suggs-earns-praise-utah-jazz
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#512 » by eyriq » Sat Mar 2, 2024 6:33 pm

Residual-Heat wrote:
“What was more important than those big threes was his defense. I think he did a fantastic job guarding [Keyonte George] for the most part, getting into the basketball, being willing to switch, he kept his poise and demeanor throughout the night," said coach Jamahl Mosley.

Suggs was a menace on defense, holding the Jazz to 37.5 percent shooting when he was the closest defender. As for Keyonte George, he added 19 points, but Suggs held him to 12 points on a woeful 25 percent shooting percentage. He also helped force a turnover.

While George was able to rack up six of his nine assists while being guarded by Suggs, that is more of a testament to Utah's ability (and Orlando's willingness) to get open. Suggs has been a consistently excellent point-of-attack defender all season, and while his defense leaves plenty to be desired, his defense is helping the Orlando Magic play winning basketball before the playoffs.

https://www.si.com/nba/magic/news/orlando-magic-jalen-suggs-earns-praise-utah-jazz
Keyonte cooked Suggs all night and I'll not hear anything different
Residual-Heat
Sixth Man

Post#513 » by Residual-Heat » Sat Mar 2, 2024 6:35 pm

eyriq wrote:
Residual-Heat wrote:

25% FG :onfire:
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#514 » by eyriq » Sat Mar 2, 2024 6:43 pm

Residual-Heat wrote:
eyriq wrote:

Hmmm, well, Suggs is a menace
Residual-Heat
Sixth Man

Post#515 » by Residual-Heat » Sat Mar 2, 2024 6:48 pm

eyriq wrote:
Residual-Heat wrote:
eyriq wrote:Keyonte cooked Suggs all night and I'll not hear anything different

Hmmm, well, Suggs is a menace

Keyonte played well overall considering he's a rookie. I did like what ive seen from him as far potential to be a starter.
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#516 » by RookieStar » Sat Mar 2, 2024 11:23 pm

Keyonte is also respectable against the MIA defense right now

Return to Orlando Magic