ImageImageImageImage

Cavaliers vs Magic Series General Discussion Thread

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,377

Re: Cavaliers vs Magic Series General Discussion Thread 

Post#321 » by eyriq » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:26 pm

Read on Twitter
?t=1gEQJerDu4SAwqPcNPOisA&s=19
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#322 » by eyriq » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:59 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
magik9113
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 1,148

Post#323 » by magik9113 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:00 pm

at this point just play AB for experience sake. We already know we gon lose
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#324 » by eyriq » Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:31 pm

Read on Twitter
?t=zoFJtj1CNRwhKu08Ucopcg&s=19
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,126

Post#325 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:41 pm

eyriq wrote:
Read on Twitter

We’re closer to a playin team vs a 5 seed and I don’t think that’s even debatable.
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
The-Stallion70
Rookie
And1: 405

Post#326 » by The-Stallion70 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:43 pm

Knightro wrote:
drsd wrote:
Skybox wrote:PS: of all the players that need to be picked on, Gary isn’t one…he.

I wouldn't say Gary has been great, but it's hard to suggest he's been *bad* or has been one of the main problems when Carter, Ingles, Isaac, Fultz and Anthony have all been completely unplayable offensively.

For all the praises Isaac gets, 3 points and 4 boards in 20 minutes while Jarrett Allen gets 15 and 20 is pretty bad.
thelead wrote:I have a memory like an elephant.
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,171

Post#327 » by zaymon » Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:55 pm

The-Stallion70 wrote:
Knightro wrote:
drsd wrote:

I wouldn't say Gary has been great, but it's hard to suggest he's been *bad* or has been one of the main problems when Carter, Ingles, Isaac, Fultz and Anthony have all been completely unplayable offensively.

For all the praises Isaac gets, 3 points and 4 boards in 20 minutes while Jarrett Allen gets 15 and 20 is pretty bad.

At least we are learning something in most valueable environment. Better to know it now than asking this question for the next year. It could affect going for someone like Hartenstein.
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#328 » by eyriq » Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:57 pm

ESPN PBPI has our probability to advance at 9.1%.
The-Stallion70
Rookie
And1: 405

Post#329 » by The-Stallion70 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:29 pm

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
eyriq wrote:
Read on Twitter

We’re closer to a playin team vs a 5 seed and I don’t think that’s even debatable.

There is no logic to negativity like this.... why are we a fifth seed and not a play in team then?
thelead wrote:I have a memory like an elephant.
CarraT
Senior
And1: 190

Post#330 » by CarraT » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:24 pm

eyriq wrote:
Read on Twitter

... if only some people would´ve known before that we will struggle with offense and shooting in the playoffs with how the roster is built :nonono: :banghead:
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,493

Post#331 » by Bensational » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:49 pm

Over 2 games:

Fultz 0-4 in 19 minutes
Cole 0-11 28 minutes
Ingles 1-4 in 28 minutes
Wendell 2-10 in 33 minutes
Isaac 4-15 in 48 minutes

That’s 7-44 or 16% from half of our roster.

Suggs 6-21
Harris 5-16

Added to the above that’s 18-81, or 22%

Paolo and Franz combine for 30-69

Moe Wagner is 9-16 and the only positive impact guy on the court by the stats.

The committee really hasn’t shown up for this series.
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,841

Post#332 » by thelead » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:52 pm

Bensational wrote:Over 2 games:

Fultz 0-4 in 19 minutes
Cole 0-11 28 minutes
Ingles 1-4 in 28 minutes
Wendell 2-10 in 33 minutes
Isaac 4-15 in 48 minutes

That’s 7-44 or 16% from half of our roster.

Suggs 6-21
Harris 5-16

Added to the above that’s 18-81, or 22%

Paolo and Franz combine for 30-69

Moe Wagner is 9-16 and the only positive impact guy on the court by the stats.

The committee really hasn’t shown up for this series.

I expect things to change a bit at home but half the roster needs to go this summer.
3ddman23
General Manager
And1: 2,636

Post#333 » by 3ddman23 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:54 pm

eyriq wrote:
Read on Twitter

So exactly what I said from game 1. One of the worst offensive performance of all time... someone mentioned tthat it wasn't and to look at any game from the 60s and 80s-90s lol. This some of the worst all time shooting man it's nuts.
GO MAGIC
Black and Blue
Sixth Man
And1: 1,447

Post#334 » by Black and Blue » Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:02 pm

CarraT wrote:
eyriq wrote:
Read on Twitter

... if only some people would´ve known before that we will struggle with offense and shooting in the playoffs with how the roster is built :nonono: :banghead:

The hardest thing for us Magic fans to stomach (myself included) is that the goal of the front office this season was NOT to win.

The goals were:
To improve the team's winning percentage (which they did)
To challenge for the play-in/playoffs (which they did)
To figure out who was in their core (which they did)
To identify whether Paolo and/or Franz was good enough to build around (which they did)
To get their two rookies enough experience to identify their development timetables (which they did)
To identify if Mosely was worth extending (which they did)
To see who Jonathan Isaac exactly was IF he rehabilitated from injury (which they did).
To preserve extreme roster flexibility to resign core players and add players (which they did).
...And I'm sure I'm missing a few more.

The cost of gaining so much useful information? They just aren't built to go deep in the playoffs whatsoever. They are literally playing multiple players in the playoffs who won't be with the team after this season concludes. Their young players are running on fumes after playing with several scrubs that won't be on any NBA roster in a few years. The high fives and handshakes have already happened in the front office, and this playoff series is just gravy.

We fans are so win-starved that we get angry that they are getting clowned in a playoff series against a team built from the jump to try to compete for a championship. But that was never the objective.

I encourage everyone to shift their mindsets to enjoy this series for what it is and take any possible wins as a real unexpected joy. I personally have the majority of my anger and rage saved up in case this team fails this offseason. If they are unable to capitalize on all of the great stuff this season has brought, the front office is truly deserving of fan anger.
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#335 » by eyriq » Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:05 pm

Black and Blue wrote:
CarraT wrote:
eyriq wrote:
Read on Twitter

The hardest thing for us Magic fans to stomach (myself included) is that the goal of the front office this season was NOT to win.

The goals were:
To identify whether Paolo and/or Franz was good enough to build around (which they did)
To get their two rookies enough experience to identify their development timetables (which they did)
To see who Jonathan Isaac exactly was IF he rehabilitated from injury (which they did).
To preserve extreme roster flexibility to resign core players and add players (which they did).

The cost of gaining so much useful information? They just aren't built to go deep in the playoffs whatsoever. They are literally playing multiple players in the playoffs who won't be with the team after this season concludes. Their young players are running on fumes after playing with several scrubs that won't be on any NBA roster in a few years. The high fives and handshakes have already happened in the front office, and this playoff series is just gravy.

We fans are so win-starved that we get angry that they are getting clowned in a playoff series against a team built from the jump to try to compete for a championship. But that was never the objective.

I encourage everyone to shift their mindsets to enjoy this series for what it is and take any possible wins as a real unexpected joy. I personally have the majority of my anger and rage saved up in case this team fails this offseason. If they are unable to capitalize on all of the great stuff this season has brought, the front office is truly deserving of fan anger.
Took the words right out of my mouth
JoshuaPotter
Starter
And1: 695

Post#336 » by JoshuaPotter » Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:06 pm

eyriq wrote:ESPN PBPI has our probability to advance at 9.1%.

Wow, so we have a pretty good chance. 8-)
msmoore66
Pro Prospect
And1: 360

Post#337 » by msmoore66 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:09 pm

Black and Blue wrote:
CarraT wrote:
eyriq wrote:
Read on Twitter

The goals were:

Can we make it a board rule to read this before making any whinging posts?
JoshuaPotter
Starter
And1: 695

Post#338 » by JoshuaPotter » Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:11 pm

eyriq wrote:
Black and Blue wrote:
CarraT wrote:

The goals were:

Took the words right out of my mouth

I had this is my mindset going into it. Nothing on paper told me we were here to play past the 1st round. In fact, making it to the first round was an over achievement.

The boys could go home, sleep in their own bed, and we may find the next two home games Isaac turns into Durant and it also looks like Mosely was ready to call up Klay Houstan into NBA glory.

As a time, we aren't done. Paolo looks mad, Franz is upset, Mo was ready to start a riot. I love it. The passion is there, just need to get the key players around them now. Also after watching Suggs and Harris interact. Harris will be back as a backup guard who can still shoot the ball. Nobody will pay Harris more then we will and Harris has the SG spot on lockdown until Black schools him in the locker room.
MasterGMer
Veteran
And1: 589

Post#339 » by MasterGMer » Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:18 pm

Black and Blue wrote:
CarraT wrote:
eyriq wrote:
Read on Twitter

The goals were:

Really, this playoff is a learning experience for everyone, players, coaches and front office. The strengths and weaknesses are both shown from the game we played and are going to play. I envision a good summer ahead of this season. Lots of let gos and some additions. It is apparent that we are just not good enough to make a run in the playoff. However, this is not over yet and we could still make it a series. But it is going to be very hard if we want anything more than that. See you Thursday!
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,667

Post#340 » by Skybox » Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:11 pm

Bergmaniac wrote:
Knightro wrote:
drsd wrote:

Gary doesn't score enough PPG which is the only thing drsd cares about so he's wanted him gone for years.

He's right...he doesn't score enough. He scores the right amount to be an 8th man...not a starter. He's the 8th leading scorer, btw on a bad offensive team. He is who he is...which is a much better basketball player than a lot of guys. I hope he won't be back - but not because we paid someone 75% more to be 20% better in the same role.

Return to Orlando Magic