ImageImageImageImage

2024 Draft Prospects Orlando Magic Should Get

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, SOUL, ChosenSavior

RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,933

Re: 2024 Draft Prospects Orlando Magic Should Get 

Post#741 » by RookieStar » Mon May 13, 2024 12:35 am

Message Boar wrote:
tiderulz wrote:How did our 2nd round pick get forfeited? looked on NBAdraftnet and it says its forfeited

It's probably just the best way they knew to put it, since they know we're trading it for cash considerations.

For real though, good looking out. I have no idea and a quick google search didn't yield anything, either. Previous second round pick forfeitures were usually related to tampering. But who the hell would we even have tampered with? Joe Ingles?

You sure that is us? Im looking at tankathon and the SRP forfeitures isnt us.

Then again, with where we are right now, i too am in the camp to tamper as long as wr get our FA target lol
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,178

Post#742 » by tiderulz » Mon May 13, 2024 12:42 am

RookieStar wrote:
Message Boar wrote:
tiderulz wrote:How did our 2nd round pick get forfeited? looked on NBAdraftnet and it says its forfeited

It's probably just the best way they knew to put it, since they know we're trading it for cash considerations.

For real though, good looking out. I have no idea and a quick google search didn't yield anything, either. Previous second round pick forfeitures were usually related to tampering. But who the hell would we even have tampered with? Joe Ingles?

You sure that is us? Im looking at tankathon and the SRP forfeitures isnt us.

Then again, with where we are right now, i too am in the camp to tamper as long as wr get our FA target lol

its nbadraftnet. they may just have their data wrong.
Message Boar
Analyst
And1: 1,919

Post#743 » by Message Boar » Mon May 13, 2024 1:27 am

Yeah I just ran a 2-round mock simulation and it had us picking at 47, at least.

Ended up with Jalen Carter in the first and Tristan Da Silva in the second :lol: I'd do bad, bad things for that to be the actual outcome. But then again we're not using that second round pick in a million years so better not get too attached to it, anyway.
T-Cat
Sixth Man
And1: 436

Post#744 » by T-Cat » Mon May 13, 2024 11:23 am

Ron Holland and Reed Sheppard are intriguing as well as Ulrich Chomche!

I wonder if Anthony Parker would cash in The Wagner brothers to avoid paying them more money this summer?

One has team option and the other is extension eligible but won't kick in on a team payroll until next season!
ORLMagicGirl15
RealGM
And1: 3,865

Post#745 » by ORLMagicGirl15 » Mon May 13, 2024 11:45 am

Is there a Paolo Banchero as a point or shooting guard in this draft that we can pick up at 18?
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.-John 3:16

Go Magic, Go Dwight, Go Vuc, Go Paolo, Go Keegan :)
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,831

Post#746 » by Skybox » Mon May 13, 2024 1:24 pm

ORLMagicGirl15 wrote:Is there a Paolo Banchero as a point or shooting guard in this draft that we can pick up at 18?

That’s a high bar :lol: imo, the closest thing to finding a Giannis at 18 might be Terrence Shannon…obviously, off-court concerns are potentially huge (or may go away as False claims- idk)…he’s built like Anthony Edwards and really isn’t lacking in any skill area or competitive fire. He’d be a LOT higher if not for his trial…of course that’s a good reason to drop. His age is a mi us to some, but I prefer a more physically mature, ready to contribute guy now…he’d jump right over our younger prospects, AB & Jett, in the pecking order. He might also be a Fran Vasquez pick…but, if you’re talking upside, he’s my guy at 18. I certainly reserve the right to dump this, depending on how his legal troubles are progressing. He may go to jail or he may have all charges dropped…I have no idea of the outcome.
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,201

Post#747 » by zaymon » Mon May 13, 2024 1:52 pm

Skybox wrote:
ORLMagicGirl15 wrote:Is there a Paolo Banchero as a point or shooting guard in this draft that we can pick up at 18?

That’s a high bar :lol: imo, the closest thing to finding a Giannis at 18 might be Terrence Shannon…obviously, off-court concerns are potentially huge (or may go away as False claims- idk)…he’s built like Anthony Edwards and really isn’t lacking in any skill area or competitive fire. He’d be a LOT higher if not for his trial…of course that’s a good reason to drop. His age is a mi us to some, but I prefer a more physically mature, ready to contribute guy now…he’d jump right over our younger prospects, AB & Jett, in the pecking order. He might also be a Fran Vasquez pick…but, if you’re talking upside, he’s my guy at 18. I certainly reserve the right to dump this, depending on how his legal troubles are progressing. He may go to jail or he may have all charges dropped…I have no idea of the outcome.

So you are saying number 18 rookie in a weak draft would jump right over number 6 and 11 sophomore's in a strong draft? You sure like some Terrence Shannon :D
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
Skybox
RealGM

Post#748 » by Skybox » Mon May 13, 2024 1:59 pm

zaymon wrote:
Skybox wrote:

So you are saying number 18 rookie in a weak draft would jump right over number 6 and 11 sophomore's in a strong draft? You sure like some Terrence Shannon :D

The question was "who could?", not would...or, thats how i read it. not a bet i'd make- just a high-upside long shot
Skybox
RealGM

Post#749 » by Skybox » Mon May 13, 2024 2:00 pm

Skybox wrote:
zaymon wrote:
Skybox wrote:

The question was "who could?", not would...or, thats how i read it. not a bet i'd make- just a high-upside long shot

He's also older by quite a bit and much more physically developed...and, let's face it, our two rooks have led sheltered NBA lives so far (for better or worse-I don't know) but they've been in bubble wrap for the most part.
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,201

Post#750 » by zaymon » Mon May 13, 2024 2:07 pm

Skybox wrote:
zaymon wrote:
Skybox wrote:

Although he has some clear strengths i will give you that. Personally i prefer someone younger like Furphy or more offense oriented like Tyson.
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
RichCollab
Starter
And1: 723

Post#751 » by RichCollab » Mon May 13, 2024 2:26 pm

I really hope we don’t draft another guard.
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,857

Post#752 » by Knightro » Mon May 13, 2024 3:33 pm

Read on Twitter

The history of guys this size ending up really good is not all that great.
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,585

Post#753 » by eyriq » Mon May 13, 2024 3:37 pm

Knightro wrote:
Read on Twitter

Someone told me there are 9 better PGs than AB in this draft...
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,953

Post#754 » by basketballRob » Mon May 13, 2024 5:01 pm

Da Silva with a 6'10" wingspan.

Read on Twitter
?t=FKKWFsbjsapPcze1yAdm-g&s=19

Sent from my SM-G781U using RealGM Forums mobile app
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#755 » by RookieStar » Mon May 13, 2024 9:57 pm

basketballRob wrote:Da Silva with a 6'10" wingspan.

Read on Twitter
?t=FKKWFsbjsapPcze1yAdm-g&s=19

Sent from my SM-G781U using RealGM Forums mobile app

I forgot where I read it but someone said that Ware hates basketball. I guess he is just one of those dudes that does it cuz it pays his bills?
T-Cat
Sixth Man
And1: 436

Post#756 » by T-Cat » Mon May 13, 2024 10:30 pm

6'11" with 7'4" wingspan

Read on Twitter
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 38,109

Post#757 » by SOUL » Mon May 13, 2024 10:40 pm

RookieStar wrote:I forgot where I read it but someone said that Ware hates basketball. I guess he is just one of those dudes that does it cuz it pays his bills?

Feel like that's a bit unfair to label on college guys that aren't making money from it lol.. people were trying to say the same about Suggs because he played football. You could say the same about Jokic tbh...

As long as there is incentive to get better because of whatever motive you have, to me, it doesn't matter.
RichCollab
Starter
And1: 723

Post#758 » by RichCollab » Mon May 13, 2024 10:40 pm

eyriq wrote:
Knightro wrote:
Read on Twitter

Someone told me there are 9 better PGs than AB in this draft...

Some guy told me he is better than Paolo.
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#759 » by RookieStar » Mon May 13, 2024 11:51 pm

SOUL wrote:
RookieStar wrote:I forgot where I read it but someone said that Ware hates basketball. I guess he is just one of those dudes that does it cuz it pays his bills?

Feel like that's a bit unfair to label on college guys that aren't making money from it lol.. people were trying to say the same about Suggs because he played football. You could say the same about Jokic tbh...

As long as there is incentive to get better because of whatever motive you have, to me, it doesn't matter.

Well im just afraid he is gonna be like the MIL big man who prefered to smoke weed rather than play. Or be like Bynum Bamba etc who are just big but not really wantong to play ball. Once they get the money, they just want to go through the motions.
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 38,109

Post#760 » by SOUL » Mon May 13, 2024 11:53 pm

RookieStar wrote:Well im just afraid he is gonna be like the MIL big man who prefered to smoke weed rather than play. Or be like Bynum Bamba etc who are just big but not really wantong to play ball. Once they get the money, they just want to go through the motions.

In those cases there are smoking guns though, I think Bamba just is uncoordinated and too big or else theoretically you can argue that everyone who failed to become who people thought they were are NBA busts, and that would probably be most of the league because you only have a certain percent of starters/all-stars.

But is there a specific incident of this player doing something that matches this opinion or statement, or is this some random reddit user, where if so, who cares? :lol:

Return to Orlando Magic