ImageImageImageImage

Do you think Franz Wagner should get a Max or not?

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Should Franz Wagner be signed to a max contract?

Yes
43%
No
57%

Total votes: 70

JBSouthpaw
Analyst
And1: 1,276

Re: Do you think Franz Wagner should get a Max or not? 

Post#161 » by JBSouthpaw » Wed May 15, 2024 5:51 pm

Franz is a top 10 SF on Defense and a top 10 SF on Offense.
I wondered if playing so much with the FIBA basketball over the summer affected his 3s this year?
Like how PB struggled shooting FTs in FIBA.
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,958

Post#162 » by basketballRob » Wed May 15, 2024 6:02 pm

JBSouthpaw wrote:Franz is a top 10 SF on Defense and a top 10 SF on Offense.
I wondered if playing so much with the FIBA basketball over the summer affected his 3s this year?
He's got another year to prove himself.

Sent from my SM-G781U using RealGM Forums mobile app
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,904

Post#163 » by Skybox » Wed May 15, 2024 6:49 pm

basketballRob wrote:
JBSouthpaw wrote:Franz is a top 10 SF on Defense and a top 10 SF on Offense.
He's got another year to prove himself.

Sent from my SM-G781U using RealGM Forums mobile app

That may well be the way it goes with mutual approval...doesn't need to get nasty to not get a max extension done. Would be a very reasonable decision by Franz' camp to acknowledge that he's a max guy but didn't play like it this year and bet on doing better next year. There's also no reason for a team to throw a max out a year early. Even an injury wouldn't lead ORL to let him walk - short of decapitation.
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,904

Post#164 » by Skybox » Thu May 16, 2024 7:18 pm

Just listened to the Bill Simmons podcast (post game 7 vs Cavs)...I don't think Franz gets a max, but he's just WAYY undervaluing him in my opinion...I think he's just flat out wrong about who Franz is and will be. He suggested that if Franz is your 4th best player - that's a good team. Once again, I've got to believe these national media guys just don't try to get the complete story if it's not LBJ. I assume his whole take was based on Franz' shooting in the series - his first playoff series.
jonbob17
Analyst
And1: 1,323

Post#165 » by jonbob17 » Fri May 17, 2024 7:29 pm

I am not extending Franz to a max...a discount sure. The shooting is going to be a problem, i believe he will shoot, but there is no reason to lock him in at the max if we can just match the offer next offseason. I am sure he understands how important the flaw is, and I'd fully expect him to reject a team friendly discount and bet on himself....Win...win

Return to Orlando Magic