ImageImageImageImage

Hedo Turkoglu Appreciation Thread

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

turbey
Ballboy
And1: 0

Re: Hedo Turkoglu Appreciation Thread 

Post#31 » by turbey » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:22 pm

I have watched all the games in that season, yes, shard was very clutch, but shard was giving one dimension, we struggled at boston series because of boston's big size at that time. I dont know if you were at magiczone forums, but everyone was talking about rebounding problem at that time. We have two dimension with bass and anderson, play inside or out, and they are bigger than shard, also hedo is more athletic, it means we will be more reliable on rebounds.

In terms of being clutch, we have several players now, jrich, reddick (i am not talkin about his last shot at hornets:) ), meer, and of course hedo. in 2009, we had to rely on shard or hedo, but now i believe we have more options.

Hedo's season was awful in 09, there are several reasons, he was forcing the shots, play making duty was all on his shoulder, he was the ball handler at half court all the season... Other than dwight and shard, there was no one producing consistent points, so after a perfect season (07-08), he tried but was not successful in 08 season... However, in playoffs; he wasbetter compared to season; he struggled in philly series because of injury, but he was ok in lebron and boston series, and he was in good shape in the finals, i believe the best player in the finals for our team...

You say meer was better in 09, i have a respect, but dont forget, he only played 30 or 40 games, i dont remember exactly. he did not finish the season, he did not play the all eastern playoff series, but he played last year, i know what he can do, he is more experience now.

I believe, being mature and having playoff and finals experience will be the key for our success...

MickaelPietrus wrote:No way Anderson+Bass is better than Rashard in 2009. Rashard in 2009 was the most clutchest guys in the league and he was beasting in the finals.

Hedo in 2009 was pure crap, I hope we get the Hedo in 2008 instead.

No, Meer is NOT better than in 2009. In 09, Jameer was beasting on everyone and put up career highs before Erick Freakin' Dampier injured him.
SubyWill
Analyst
And1: 3

Post#32 » by SubyWill » Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:00 am

Mad Guru
Sixth Man
And1: 410

Post#33 » by Mad Guru » Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:19 am

I will second Nelson being better in 09 pre-injury, guy was straight ballin.
Blame Turk
Senior

Post#34 » by Blame Turk » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:47 am

Adonis wrote:Hedo played like trash since since his triple double up until last night.

More like after the Dallas game, where he had 17 assists. After that game, Hedo was used more as a spotup shooter, thanks to Jameer. I believe there might be a reason behind this change. You don't usually mess with something working. The possible reasons IMO are:

1. Hedo is 31, the coaching staff wanted to save him for the playoffs. He might not have kept up this pace until June.
2. Hedo has been the player of the game for about half of the games since his return to Orlando. Otis did not want Hedo to shine this much and become the star, so that he would look less stupid (for first not resigning him and later trading for him).
3. A trade might happen including Jameer. I see that we are trying to make him increase his stats and show his skills. This may be for increasing his trade value.
4. Dwight may have asked the team management to include his buddy more in the game (Jameer might have asked Dwight to do that)...

Whatever the reason might be, I feel team success is more important than Hedo's or Jameer's personal stats. Hedo is a proven player in terms of improving others around him. Since we decided to use Jameer as the playmaker, I hope he will also improve other players' stats as he improves his'.
"I certainly can't have an opinion because David Stern, like a lot of leaders we've seen in this world lately, don't really tolerate other people's opinions or free speech or anything."
Stan the Magnificent
KayAllTheWaay
Sophomore
And1: 5

Post#35 » by KayAllTheWaay » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:21 am

Hedo has been playing inconsistent for his whole career.
He will always have some good games, then some bad ones.
Reverse_Angle
Assistant Coach
And1: 262

Post#36 » by Reverse_Angle » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:29 am

KayAllTheWaay wrote:Hedo has been playing inconsistent for his whole career.

He will always play some good games, then some not-so-good ones. I doubt he will ever get a dunce cap for his overall bad game.

"Aaron Gordon will cost Henny's job by Dec 2016." Predicted Dec 2014.

"O'Quinn will have a longer and more successful NBA career than Nicholson." Predicted Jun 2012. Verified on Dec 2014.
turbey
Ballboy

Post#37 » by turbey » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:19 pm

He was very close in one game, i think hornets game, but other players were also sucked so he saved his a** :)

His shot selection is much more better, so I doubt he would get 1/11, 2/13 games, we saw this type of stat a lot in 09 season... Personally, I do not care about any player shot stat, it may be a bad day, i am ok with that, the important thing is how the player do defense and his energy level, these are more important to me, as long as he tries his best at the defense, I am ok with the guy who is having a bad shot night..

Reverse_Angle wrote:
KayAllTheWaay wrote:Hedo has been playing inconsistent for his whole career.

He will always play some good games, then some not-so-good ones. I doubt he will ever get a dunce cap for his overall bad game.

Return to Orlando Magic