ImageImageImageImage

RFA Immanuel Quickley, PG

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,904

Re: RFA Immanuel Quickley, PG 

Post#41 » by Skybox » Wed May 15, 2024 9:55 pm

Rainwater wrote:
Skin wrote:
The Effect wrote:Much like everyone else, I cant see any possible way the raptors let him leave

I didn't think McGrady would leave Toronto.

These are different situations. If I remember correctly everyone knew that thatMagic had a great shot at signing T-Mac, Hill, and Duncan. It also helped that T-Mac was from the Orlando area and loved Penny. There is very little chance that Quickly signs here.

It's got very little to do with what he wants. He's an RFA and TOR shelled out a lot to get him.
Skybox
RealGM

Post#42 » by Skybox » Wed May 15, 2024 9:59 pm

RichCollab wrote:
Skybox wrote:
RichCollab wrote:
He seems to play defense some of the time but not often. He positive signs in his stats / advanced stats?

Cole could be made to look like a great defender with video highlights

You could do it even easier with advanced stats if you play on a great defensive team.

He played for Thibs. So there is no data to support he is a great defensive player?

Feel free to look. I'm not the keeper of all data.
RichCollab
Starter
And1: 728

Post#43 » by RichCollab » Wed May 15, 2024 10:01 pm

Skybox wrote:
RichCollab wrote:
Skybox wrote:
You could do it even easier with advanced stats if you play on a great defensive team.

He played for Thibs. So there is no data to support he is a great defensive player?

It was average at best.
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,666

Post#44 » by Skin » Wed May 15, 2024 11:19 pm

RichCollab wrote:
Skybox wrote:
RichCollab wrote:

It was average at best.

Better than Monk and Tyus though. Do you have another alternative that's better?
Rainwater
General Manager
And1: 5,950

Post#45 » by Rainwater » Thu May 16, 2024 1:13 am

Skybox wrote:
Rainwater wrote:
Skin wrote:I didn't think McGrady would leave Toronto.

These are different situations. If I remember correctly everyone knew that thatMagic had a great shot at signing T-Mac, Hill, and Duncan. It also helped that T-Mac was from the Orlando area and loved Penny. There is very little chance that Quickly signs here.

It's got very little to do with what he wants. He's an RFA and TOR shelled out a lot to get him.

I think you are misunderstanding the point. I am talking about the T-Mac and Quickly situations you brought up and showing you why they are different and incomparable. No one is talking about what Quickly wants.

Everyone knows there is very little chance that Quickly comes to Orlando given what Tor gave up just to get him. While everyone knew back in 2001 that there was a good chance that T-Mac, Hill, and Duncan would go to Orlando especially since they were free agents.
OrlandoDream
General Manager
And1: 5,945

Post#46 » by OrlandoDream » Sat May 18, 2024 2:23 pm

I wish but not possible. Restricted and Toronto will match any offer for him given how much they traded to acquire him and RJ.
MagicTownBaller
Veteran
And1: 418

Post#47 » by MagicTownBaller » Sat May 18, 2024 4:15 pm

OrlandoDream wrote:I wish but not possible. Restricted and Toronto will match any offer for him given how much they traded to acquire him and RJ.

What exactly did they trade? 2 free agents who were leaving their team after the season anyway?

They still have Barrett. I don't see them matching anything over $30M for IQ.
Not changing this Sig until the Orlando Magic win a championship (Technically Started 1-30-08)
meatwad4343
Bench Warmer
And1: 300

Post#48 » by meatwad4343 » Mon May 20, 2024 7:56 am

You would have to max him to have any chance of Toronto not matching. Are you willing to do that?
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,422

Post#49 » by pepe1991 » Mon May 20, 2024 8:18 am

meatwad4343 wrote:You would have to max him to have any chance of Toronto not matching. Are you willing to do that?

We can arrange sign& trade.
We give them Howard, picks , somebody to match salary ( partially) they give us Quickley.

Even picks we give, don't need to be mortaging future, something like 18# pick from 2024, Nuggets 2025 pick, Suns pick swap.

Now when i think about it, it would be best possible kickstart of free agency for us.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
Skybox
RealGM

Post#50 » by Skybox » Mon May 20, 2024 11:37 am

pepe1991 wrote:
meatwad4343 wrote:You would have to max him to have any chance of Toronto not matching. Are you willing to do that?

We give them Howard, picks , somebody to match salary ( partially) they give us Quickley.

Even picks we give, don't need to be mortaging future, something like 18# pick from 2024, Nuggets 2025 pick, Suns pick swap.

Now when i think about it, it would be best possible kickstart of free agency for us.

I’d like us to make that call, but not expecting a warm reception, unless we’ve already got IQ’s agent and family rooting for Disneyworld. He’s an awesome fit and it’s COOOLD up there for a kid from Maryland
Nyce_1
RealGM
And1: 5,991

Post#51 » by Nyce_1 » Mon May 20, 2024 11:40 am

pepe1991 wrote:

I like this idea.
Skybox
RealGM

Post#52 » by Skybox » Mon May 20, 2024 2:14 pm

Nyce_1 wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:

I like this idea.

Be prepared to give up something big AND pay him. I love the guy...I just don't see this working out.
Rainwater
General Manager
And1: 5,950

Post#53 » by Rainwater » Mon May 20, 2024 2:18 pm

I don’t see how Tor lets him go, who will be their starting PG?
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,422

Post#54 » by pepe1991 » Mon May 20, 2024 2:34 pm

Skybox wrote:
Nyce_1 wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:

I like this idea.

Be prepared to give up something big AND pay him. I love the guy...I just don't see this working out.

I don't see Raptors letting him go neither, we now have 3rd draft class in a row that seems to be PG depleated in terms of talent, and Quickley is just 24 years old.
Now if Raptors want to do full blown teardown, they can maybe wait for 2025 draft class ( should have several PGs as they projected to be good ) and in same time hope they can snatch Flagg.

I don't know. But logic says he won't be aveliable for any trades or anything.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
Residual-Heat
Sixth Man
And1: 1,159

Post#55 » by Residual-Heat » Mon May 20, 2024 2:52 pm

We're not giving up all these assets to overpay a guy that has yet to prove anything. IQ has barely proven he's a starting PG.
Nyce_1
RealGM
And1: 5,991

Post#56 » by Nyce_1 » Mon May 20, 2024 3:00 pm

Skybox wrote:
Nyce_1 wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:

I like this idea.

Yeah, obviously, if he's the RFA target, that comes along with general understanding that we'd have to 1) overpay, 2) offer a nice package to entice other team to engage in the S&T, or 3) 1 + 2.

Now, given that it's also Masai and his historical trends with trades, we'd really have to up the ante in option 2.

I'm not saying it's the plan-A move but trying to engage a S&T is AN option I really hadn't considered for IQ. Given the state of the Raptors, and them likely giving Scottie max, JP making 20M, RJ making 25M....are they ready to also commit big money to IQ and be locked into THIS team for the next few years? Jeff can view him as THE missing piece, whereas Masai says he's just a piece, and we pay up to grab him and potentially force a tough decision. IDK

Nowadays, nothing surprises me anymore, and anything really is possible.
Kent
Veteran
And1: 1,190

Post#57 » by Kent » Mon May 20, 2024 11:38 pm

Skin wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:Problem with getting Quickley comes from fact that Raptors don't have lottery pick in 2024 so they kind a have to hold onto Quickley no matter what, or at least until they draft new PG.

S&T, ship them Cole and Denver 1st.

This is the first guy I've heard someone suggest that I actually like the idea of.

And yes, the answer is sign-and-trade.

This feels like a fit.
Ryan Anderson = Pat Garrity 10.0
-LBPTarHeel27
CarraT
Senior
And1: 197

Post#58 » by CarraT » Tue May 21, 2024 8:54 am

Kent wrote:
Skin wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:Problem with getting Quickley comes from fact that Raptors don't have lottery pick in 2024 so they kind a have to hold onto Quickley no matter what, or at least until they draft new PG.

S&T, ship them Cole and Denver 1st.

This is the first guy I've heard someone suggest that I actually like the idea of.

This feels like a fit.

Approved by me. Go do it.
Skybox
RealGM

Post#59 » by Skybox » Tue May 21, 2024 11:18 am

CarraT wrote:
Kent wrote:
Skin wrote:S&T, ship them Cole and Denver 1st.

This feels like a fit.

Approved by me. Go do it.

Me too…but don’t waste much time or tie up FA money unless you know there’s a real shot. Masai will give it to you straight…we wouldn’t be trying to steal him.

Return to Orlando Magic