ImageImageImageImage

The Official Paolo Banchero Thread: 2022-2023 NBA Rookie of the Year

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Last Guardian
RealGM
And1: 4,016

Re: WELCOME PAOLO BANCHERO 

Post#81 » by Last Guardian » Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:51 am

Skin wrote:Who on this team fits around Banchero?

Fultz, Suggs, Hampton have to go.
Cole has a decent 3pt trigger, but tries to do too much.
Franz, Bachero and Carter will all compete for drives and touches within the paint.

I guess Bamba is a good fit now. Welcome back Bamba haters!

I guess all we can do is if Banchero proves to be really good, we start making moves to fit around him. Obviously the current team is going to be really bad. But even when you're really bad, good players will still be noticeable (like Franz last season).

Magic went with bully ball over shooting. Its still offensive production at least. We'll see how it works out.

We need Suggs to drastically improve his outside shot.
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,298

Post#82 » by Optimus_Steel » Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:51 am

Interesting, his mom played in the WNBA for 6 years.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using RealGM mobile app
aka: prorl
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,959

Post#83 » by basketballRob » Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:52 am

magicfan217 wrote:Paolo is everything Aaron Gordon wanted to be
Offensively. Hopefully, his defense will be good in the pros.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app
OrlChamps2030
General Manager
And1: 4,188

Post#84 » by OrlChamps2030 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:52 am

Franz, Bachero and Carter will all compete for drives and touches within the paint.

I think Franz & Paolo fit well together

Jury is still out on WCJ, but I think it can work. If not, he's on a great deal and can either be moved or come off the bench

Fultz and Suggs have to improve their shooting to fit next to anyone as a starter

Don't care about Cole or Hampton
j_n
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,684

Post#85 » by j_n » Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:55 am

Skin wrote:
j_n wrote:I also hate the fit but Banchero is definitely a great prospect with a good chance to become the best player in the draft, his footwork and feel for the game are special, a lot depends on his outside shot which I'm sceptical about, hopefully he proves me wrong.

It's the weirdest built team ever.

Orlando's Rebuilding Plan... Duplicating talent everywhere and hoping it fits and doesn't sink.

Again, I won't pretend I'm not disappointed that we passed on Jabari but you're taking it way too far, at least wait until free agency is over to make that statement.
Rainwater
General Manager
And1: 5,956

Post#86 » by Rainwater » Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:57 am

This is a really ify draft but I got hope in this guy
tooler
General Manager
And1: 5,401

Post#87 » by tooler » Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:02 am

Skin wrote:Hampton

When I think about the locks on this team and then start to go down the list of question marks, the funniest thing about that exercise is that I forget one of the question marks every time.

Oh yeah, RJ!
Rainwater
General Manager
And1: 5,956

Post#88 » by Rainwater » Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:04 am

Skin wrote:
j_n wrote:I also hate the fit but Banchero is definitely a great prospect with a good chance to become the best player in the draft, his footwork and feel for the game are special, a lot depends on his outside shot which I'm sceptical about, hopefully he proves me wrong.

It's the weirdest built team ever.

Orlando's Rebuilding Plan... Duplicating talent everywhere and hoping it fits and doesn't sink.

You make it seem like this is the final team, like the rebuilding has ended. No, this is a multi year process. There will be a few more years and few more drafts to correct this roster.
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,985

Post#89 » by Knightro » Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:09 am

Read on Twitter
The Real Dalic
RealGM
And1: 7,144

Post#90 » by The Real Dalic » Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:15 am

Super excited and happy with Paolo! We hopefully finally found our primary scorer!
God. Family. Country. Basketball.
D12VCMagic
Sixth Man
And1: 441

Post#91 » by D12VCMagic » Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:22 am

This is my biggest gripe. A line up with Banchero, Suggs and Fult on the floor at the same time sounds like a spacing nightmare. I wouldn’t be so concerned if I felt our FO was willing to be agressive to build a cohesive team but the WeltHam duo have been straight up conservative with making any moves and I see no reason to not expect more “evaluation.”

I’m a big believer of Markelle, but I really do not like the fit with Paolo. I don’t think either guy is particularly valuable off ball and will have to make the choice between one of them at some point. If anything a guard who can spread the floor has to be top priority going forward or there is just no way this is successful no matter how much Paolo develops.
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,298

Post#92 » by Optimus_Steel » Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:27 am

D12VCMagic wrote:

This is my biggest gripe. A line up with Banchero, Suggs and Fult on the floor at the same time sounds like a spacing nightmare. I wouldn’t be so concerned if I felt our FO was willing to be agressive to build a cohesive team but the WeltHam duo have been straight up conservative with making any moves and I see no reason to not expect more “evaluation.”

I’m a big believer of Markelle, but I really do not like the fit with Paolo. I don’t think either guy is particularly valuable off ball and will have to make the choice between one of them at some point. If anything a guard who can spread the floor has to be top priority going forward or there is just no way this is successful no matter how much Paolo develops.
They need to evaluate why we can't shoot lol

Sent from my Pixel 5 using RealGM mobile app
aka: prorl
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,944

Post#93 » by RookieStar » Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:37 am

Watching that DAL vs PHO series... Luka just bullied anyone and everyone who guarded him. He was hunting CP3, he took Ayton to an island, Booker was scared and even their so called defensive guys in Bridges,Crowder and Cam were just toast.

Im.hoping Paolo can do the samenfor us.
DiplomaticMagic
Head Coach
And1: 2,580

Post#94 » by DiplomaticMagic » Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:45 am

How do I turn my #5 Mo Bamba jersey into a Paolo Banchero jersey??
Trade for Jarret Allen
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,161

Post#95 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:47 am

Considering they just have Bamba’s number to Banchero I doubt Mo is in Orlando next year.

Read on Twitter
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,427

Post#96 » by pepe1991 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:57 am

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:

Considering they just have Bamba’s number to Banchero I doubt Mo is in Orlando next year.

Read on Twitter

Bamba will take 24 to channel inner Mamba and become Bo Mamba....

I'll drive him to airport personally if he is gone
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
The-Stallion70
Bench Warmer
And1: 456

Post#97 » by The-Stallion70 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:59 am

I expect Banchero to operate as a center often and primary decision maker similar to how Vucevic did. I believe that the Magic management selected Banchero because they believe he is the best pure basketball player among the top draft picks and his size, strength and athleticism along with his skills give him an all star ceiling.

I believed the concerns around Chet Holmgren with his weight and thin frame. I think if Chet was 220 or so I think he might have been a clear no.1 pick, like a taller Anthony Davis but his weight was a clear concern for the Magic management.

I think the concerns with Jabari Smith's ballhandling were pretty big with the Magic management. When I thought about it, I agree. How many all star players don't handle the ball well, no matter how big they were? Even going back years I can remember Tim Duncan, Dirk Nowitzki and Jermaine O'Neal were capable ball handlers when they needed to be.

To me Banchero could be like a more offensive minded Ben Simmons because of their similar body and ball handling ability. Currently I believe Banchero will be the most impactful Magic draft pick since Dwight Howard. I believe the Magic have young talented players, now it will depend on how we can fit them together with one another and we may see trades coming.

I don't necessarily believe a trade for Wendell is coming but I do think Wendell is on a very attractive and moveable contract and I'm not sure if Wendell and Banchero will be a great fit defending the perimeter.
thelead wrote:I have a memory like an elephant.
Magic4champ
Junior
And1: 237

Post#98 » by Magic4champ » Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:00 am

DiplomaticMagic wrote:How do I turn my #5 Mo Bamba jersey into a Paolo Banchero jersey??

Read on Twitter
?t=iopJ4OSyFYIsdKGY-bol5Q&s=19
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,050

Post#99 » by fendilim » Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:10 am

Haah not much excitement tonight
Landshark
Senior
And1: 360

Post#100 » by Landshark » Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:15 am

The point's been beaten to death, but Weltham were the ones who drafted Giannis. The fact that they believe a ball-handling, physical, playmaking near-7-footer has #1 upside, is pretty exciting.

Return to Orlando Magic