ImageImageImageImage

OT: Amway Center

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

magicmamma
Assistant Coach
And1: 30

Re: OT: Amway Center 

Post#91 » by magicmamma » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:39 am

So I went there today for the STHs open house. I admit that I expected to be wowed by everything except my seat. The fact that no one could tell me how far my seat would be from the floor indicated it would be far, far away. I'm in the row 5 of the upper bowl and, as expected, it's at least as far from the floor as row t in the upper bowl of the old arena. A couple who sat near me in the upper bowl a few years ago are once again close by. I said, "Well, if we can't see what's going on on the floor, we can look at the big TV screen." He said, "We can do that at home." Then they turned on unbearably loud music and we had to leave our seats.

The concourses look like any airport. Lots of space, but wherever there is action (they had some of the food spots giving us free samples of food) there are lines going all the way across the floor blocking traffic. Forget about watching the game from the bar. They had stools set up along the edge, and unless you get one of those or are NBA height and stood behind them, you aren't going to see anything. It's like trying to see a parade from the sidewalk. Even though there was just a fraction of the STHs present, all of the tables and seats were taken.

Many bathrooms, and a few of them have almost as many stalls as the ones in the old arena. I have no idea what the men's rooms are like, but I pity any woman over 170 pounds who has to use those stalls. I'm about 130 pounds and have narrow shoulders, but when I sat on the toilet, my right arm was pressed against the toilet paper dispenser. Every woman I talked too was shocked at the size of those stalls. There's going to be a long line for the one or two handicapped stalls in those rest rooms. In the old building, there was probably one sink per three or four stalls and a paper towel dispenser for each two sinks. In the new one, there is approximately one sink per six stalls, and one paper towel dispenser per three sinks. Considering that these are those electronic dispensers, where you wave your hands around randomly hoping to get a little piece of towel to come out, make sure you can wipe your hands on your clothes.

Oh well, the millionaires in the club seats have a great view, and i"m sure their toilet stalls are huge.
Howard+Nelson
Sixth Man
And1: 1

Post#92 » by Howard+Nelson » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:59 am

row 5 in the upper bowl is like row T in old arena? wow that sucks. I bought even worse seats than that for opening night vs the wizards. I agree with the other guy that if i'm going to just watch the biggest jumbo tron the entire game, i could just stay home and watch it on tv.
CourtsideTV
RealGM
And1: 349

Post#93 » by CourtsideTV » Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:22 am

magicmamma wrote:So I went there today for the STHs open house. I admit that I expected to be wowed by everything except my seat. The fact that no one could tell me how far my seat would be from the floor indicated it would be far, far away. I'm in the row 5 of the upper bowl and, as expected, it's at least as far from the floor as row t in the upper bowl of the old arena. A couple who sat near me in the upper bowl a few years ago are once again close by. I said, "Well, if we can't see what's going on on the floor, we can look at the big TV screen." He said, "We can do that at home." Then they turned on unbearably loud music and we had to leave our seats.

The concourses look like any airport. Lots of space, but wherever there is action (they had some of the food spots giving us free samples of food) there are lines going all the way across the floor blocking traffic. Forget about watching the game from the bar. They had stools set up along the edge, and unless you get one of those or are NBA height and stood behind them, you aren't going to see anything. It's like trying to see a parade from the sidewalk. Even though there was just a fraction of the STHs present, all of the tables and seats were taken.

Many bathrooms, and a few of them have almost as many stalls as the ones in the old arena. I have no idea what the men's rooms are like, but I pity any woman over 170 pounds who has to use those stalls. I'm about 130 pounds and have narrow shoulders, but when I sat on the toilet, my right arm was pressed against the toilet paper dispenser. Every woman I talked too was shocked at the size of those stalls. There's going to be a long line for the one or two handicapped stalls in those rest rooms. In the old building, there was probably one sink per three or four stalls and a paper towel dispenser for each two sinks. In the new one, there is approximately one sink per six stalls, and one paper towel dispenser per three sinks. Considering that these are those electronic dispensers, where you wave your hands around randomly hoping to get a little piece of towel to come out, make sure you can wipe your hands on your clothes.

Oh well, the millionaires in the club seats have a great view, and i"m sure their toilet stalls are huge.

wow. not gonna be good if people have to be higher than you (viewing wise).

the suites have their own room for a toilet LOL
Work Hard
JustDwight
Starter
And1: 111

Post#94 » by JustDwight » Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:21 pm

JustDwight
Starter
And1: 111

Post#95 » by JustDwight » Fri Oct 1, 2010 10:31 am

Magicfn1
Head Coach
And1: 6

Post#96 » by Magicfn1 » Tue Oct 5, 2010 9:54 pm

The Eagles have postponed their concert due to illness. The concert will now take place on the 26th. Vicente Fernandez is opening the Amway Center now. Lol.
magicfan1989
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#97 » by magicfan1989 » Tue Oct 5, 2010 11:21 pm

Magicfn1 wrote:The Eagles have postponed their concert due to illness. The concert will now take place on the 26th. Vicente Fernandez is opening the Amway Center now. Lol.

Well my whole entire year is ruined
drsd
RealGM
And1: 8,062

Post#98 » by drsd » Sat Oct 9, 2010 12:18 pm

Tomorrow is the big day.
MagicalMan
Analyst
And1: 9

Post#99 » by MagicalMan » Sat Oct 9, 2010 1:38 pm

I would move back there in a second if ti werent for my wife and her family living here in the bitter cold. Im sure I could find work as a Java programmer/developer somewhere in central FL. I grew up there and my family is still there so maybe someday. Id really love to buy season tix and go to every game rather than the handful I fly down to see now. I wont be able to see this new arena until December :(

Return to Orlando Magic