ImageImageImageImage

#15 UCF Football [10-1]: @ SMU

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,602

Re: UCF Football: vs C.Southern 9/3 (0-0) 

Post#21 » by BadMofoPimp » Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:23 pm

craig01 wrote:UCF a 40 point favorite

I may have to take that bet against UCF.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 483

Post#22 » by craig01 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:26 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:
craig01 wrote:UCF a 40 point favorite

I may have to take that bet against UCF.

That's a lot of points to give.....especially for a team that will be completely vanilla in week one.
Basketball is driven by three principles:

1) Movement 2) Application of fundamentals 3) Predictability
OrlDave
General Manager
And1: 3,017

Post#23 » by OrlDave » Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:32 pm

N4U|Redux wrote:
UCF wrote:He also publicly stated that usf was not trying to block UCF from the BE

Stupidity. We're not blocking anything, and to think we have the clout to do it is stupidity.

Currently? No. Your previous moron of a coach was, however. Almost sad to see him go, makes it harder to hate USF. I actually respect Skip.
craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#24 » by craig01 » Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:34 pm

Attrition in the BC secondary might be taking it's toll.

Boston Herald
Read the source article

Dominick LeGrande, projected to start at strong safety for Boston Collegecoming out of spring football, decided to transfer from the school, according to Eagles coach Frank Spaziani.

“Dominick expressed a desire to transfer to another institution,” said Spaziani before practice yesterday. “He has withdrawn from our football team and we wish him nothing but the best.”

The departure of the senior further weakens a thin secondary. On Monday, junior Okechukwu Okoroha, projected to be the starting free safety, was dismissed from the team for disciplinary reasons. And in Tuesday’s scrimmage, true freshman Spenser Rositano suffered a concussion.

Whether or not UCF can match up with BC's front seven remains to be seen, but BC is hurting

craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#25 » by craig01 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:00 am

Bruce Miller is doing well in SF while converting to FB.

http://www.ninersnation.com/2011/8/26/2 ... om-scratch

UCF
Community Mod
Community Mod
And1: 1,073

Post#26 » by UCF » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:23 pm

Chandler is confirmed to be headed to a prep school. Sadly does not qualify.
craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#27 » by craig01 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:20 pm

UCF wrote:Chandler is confirmed to be headed to a prep school. Sadly does not qualify.

Too bad......but is anyone surprised?

craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#28 » by craig01 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:23 pm

Looks like Dr Phillips K Shawn Moffitt might get a look on Saturday. GOL stating that Cattoi is "on a very short leash" pretty much says it all.

I've seen more than a handful of HS kickers covering games for the paper that got D-1 scholarships, and Moffitt is the best one that I've ever seen. Cattoi is sooooooo inconsistent, Moffitt couldn't do any worse.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/o ... 9198.story

craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#29 » by craig01 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:39 pm

On a humorous note, even Joe Theismann thinks Notre Dame won't take UCF lightly...lol

http://www.tampabay.com/specials/2011/audio/theismann/

AdamTheGreek
RealGM
And1: 2,115

Post#30 » by AdamTheGreek » Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:42 am

Yeah, for once UCF pisses USF off.
Twitter: @PapageorgiouMBO
Penny & Pops Podcast (Orlando Magic): https://soundcloud.com/137665379
N4U|Redux
RealGM
And1: 14

Post#31 » by N4U|Redux » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:38 am

craig01 wrote:On a humorous note, even Joe Theismann thinks Notre Dame won't take UCF lightly...lol

http://www.tampabay.com/specials/2011/audio/theismann/

I'm quite happy them overlooking us. At least in the media.

It's too bad BK coached against us, and destroyed us, in the BE. He probably won't be taking us lightly.

Hopefully we can chalk the BK ownage up to poor regime because ND is more talented than his Cincy teams and we're arguably less talented than we were then. 2007 being our best year ever, being 15 points away from a perfect season (USiF? lmao)
"If I help get South Florida into the tournament, then 20 years from now when South Florida is ranked No. 1 in the country, people will look at the history and say, 'Dominique Jones started that program.'"
UCF
Community Mod
Community Mod

Post#32 » by UCF » Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:15 pm

I wouldn't say the media is overlooking USF... At least not when I'm watching ESPN-U . They talk about how that game is going to be much harder than most would realize. ND's schedule is definitely a hard one.

Now on the other hand... UCF's game this weekend needs to be a blow out win for us. Than we need to take care of business with Boston College,FIU and BYU.
UCF
Community Mod
Community Mod

Post#33 » by UCF » Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:23 pm

Here we go again with conference realignment! TAMU made it official today they want out of the big 12. Nothing like stealing the college football spotlight just before games start.
DHoward4Mvp
Starter
And1: 0

Post#34 » by DHoward4Mvp » Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:58 pm

GO KNIGHTS!!!! MAKE ORLANDO PROUD!!!!
craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#35 » by craig01 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:37 pm

UCF wrote:Here we go again with conference realignment! TAMU made it official today they want out of the big 12. Nothing like stealing the college football spotlight just before games start.

But the shuffling could end swiftly with only TAM moving on......but we also know how unlikely that is.

Anyone hear any domino's starting to fall?

UCF
Community Mod
Community Mod

Post#36 » by UCF » Thu Sep 1, 2011 12:54 am

Well.... For TAMU it's SEC, Pac 12 or Big 10 (in that order) in my opinion.

If they go to the SEC, they won't sit at an odd number for scheduling reasons. So where does the other school come in? I'm not sold on FSU going to the SEC. If I were making the choice I'd be looking at North Carolina (decent football, awesome basketball) or Virgina Tech.

Pac 12... Just landed a huge media deal and their new president seems like he would stretch the limit to get a team like TAMU.

Big 10 ... Another huge media deal conference. Likely geographically a problem so I don't expect them to consider TAMU.

I think for UCF it will do us a big favor if TAMU goes to the SEC as they would need to add one more which is where the dominos would start falling our way hopefully. I've read that the Big 12 is looking at BYU, Arkansas and Notre Dame (unlikely) and that the texas schools aren't worth adding because they already have that media market covered.
craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#37 » by craig01 » Thu Sep 1, 2011 1:23 am

UCF wrote:Well.... For TAMU it's SEC, Pac 12 or Big 10 (in that order) in my opinion.

If they go to the SEC, they won't sit at an odd number for scheduling reasons. So where does the other school come in? I'm not sold on FSU going to the SEC. If I were making the choice I'd be looking at North Carolina (decent football, awesome basketball) or Virgina Tech.

Pac 12... Just landed a huge media deal and their new president seems like he would stretch the limit to get a team like TAMU.

Big 10 ... Another huge media deal conference. Likely geographically a problem so I don't expect them to consider TAMU.

I think for UCF it will do us a big favor if TAMU goes to the SEC as they would need to add one more which is where the dominos would start falling our way hopefully. I've read that the Big 12 is looking at BYU, Arkansas and Notre Dame (unlikely) and that the texas schools aren't worth adding because they already have that media market covered.

They might be looking at those 3, but Arkansas and ND won't be interested.

As for a 14th member in the SEC, VT brings the most appeal without the distractions of competing geography.

But who knows.....it's all speculation from this point on

N4U|Redux
RealGM
And1: 14

Post#38 » by N4U|Redux » Thu Sep 1, 2011 3:54 pm

Short of conferences imploding how is this possibly good for UCF? The BE will have to be poached (Louisville?, WVU?) in order for you guys to have a shot of going to a BCS conference. The BE is the only shot for UCF.

If you're referring to the pipe dream of FSU/Miami leaving the ACC for the SEC and them needing a FL replacement, you really don't think they'd look to your west first? (Note our 6-2 record vs ACC the past few years).

I don't see either of our teams in any BCS conference other than the BE in the next decade. Again, pending no conferences implode. If the Big XII goes defunct all bets are off.
"If I help get South Florida into the tournament, then 20 years from now when South Florida is ranked No. 1 in the country, people will look at the history and say, 'Dominique Jones started that program.'"
UCF
Community Mod
Community Mod

Post#39 » by UCF » Thu Sep 1, 2011 5:42 pm

N4U|Redux wrote:Short of conferences imploding how is this possibly good for UCF? The BE will have to be poached (Louisville?, WVU?) in order for you guys to have a shot of going to a BCS conference. The BE is the only shot for UCF.

If you're referring to the pipe dream of FSU/Miami leaving the ACC for the SEC and them needing a FL replacement, you really don't think they'd look to your west first? (Note our 6-2 record vs ACC the past few years).

I don't see either of our teams in any BCS conference other than the BE in the next decade. Again, pending no conferences implode. If the Big XII goes defunct all bets are off.

I think you assumed that I was saying UCF could go Big 12 or ACC. I should have gone further by saying TAMU to SEC + 1 school from ACC or Big East = a domino effect because the ACC would raid from the BE or the BIG east would add 1 school or if it gets crazy = big east splitting basketball and football schools. = UCF having a 10% chance of going AQ in the next year lol

This could all be amplified if big 12 adds schools or SEC adds more than two teams, etc. :)
craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#40 » by craig01 » Thu Sep 1, 2011 11:11 pm

I agree that the only AQ conference housing both UCF and USF is the BE.

If the four 16 team super conferences ever take hold......and the conferences give a big FU to the NCAA....then we both will be screwed.

But I doubt it ever happens.....

Return to Orlando Magic