ImageImageImageImage

Trade Big Baby Thread

Moderators: MagicMadness, damo[23], Devin 1L, Howard Mass, eyriq, Hilltop

Bo Outlaw
Pro Prospect
Posts: 796
And1: 225
Joined: Jul 16, 2012
   

Trade Big Baby Thread 

Post#1 » by Bo Outlaw » Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:53 am

Nicholson > Big Baby.

Glen Davis thinks he Michael Jordan. He's fat. He's a ballhog. He is allergic to passing. He's fat. He annoys me when he doesn't pass. He's fat. He's fat.
User avatar
ChosenSavior
RealGM
Posts: 14,511
And1: 1,289
Joined: Sep 09, 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Contact:
   

Re: Trade Big Baby Thread 

Post#2 » by ChosenSavior » Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:55 am

:lol:

Yeah I do hope we can get rid of him. For a guy talking about playing under a "team culture," he sure plays selfish.
Image

All credit goes to the "great" Turbo_Zone for this masterpiece...

I LOATHE WILLIE GREEN...
User avatar
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
Posts: 36,611
And1: 4,792
Joined: Oct 12, 2003
Location: In the Paint

Re: Trade Big Baby Thread 

Post#3 » by BadMofoPimp » Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:55 am

I'll give you a ham sammich, bag o chips and a can of soda.

Wait. BBD Gun Prove Ya'll Wrong!!!
Image

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Bo Outlaw
Pro Prospect
Posts: 796
And1: 225
Joined: Jul 16, 2012
   

Re: Trade Big Baby Thread 

Post#4 » by Bo Outlaw » Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:59 am

I hope for a 1st rd pick in return, but I'm so desperate I would take a 2nd rd pick.
User avatar
OrlandO
RealGM
Posts: 10,749
And1: 4,229
Joined: May 27, 2009

Re: Trade Big Baby Thread 

Post#5 » by OrlandO » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:07 am

What's the matter? Commenting "I hate Davis" every 2 minutes in the game threads wasn't enough for you? You constantly complain when Davis takes 20+ FGA and the game stays close, but when he takes half as many shots and we get blown out twice it's equally his fault, right? What about when he's benched or out with injury and we still get blown out? It would be Davis' fault, right?
JasonBlanchard
Junior
Posts: 467
And1: 118
Joined: Aug 11, 2012

Re: Trade Big Baby Thread 

Post#6 » by JasonBlanchard » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:22 am

Bo Outlaw wrote:I hope for a 1st rd pick in return, but I'm so desperate I would take a 2nd rd pick.


You are NOT desperate. I was willing to take 2 used basketballs
Bo Outlaw
Pro Prospect
Posts: 796
And1: 225
Joined: Jul 16, 2012
   

Re: Trade Big Baby Thread 

Post#7 » by Bo Outlaw » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:24 am

OrlandO wrote:What's the matter? Commenting "I hate Davis" every 2 minutes in the game threads wasn't enough for you? You constantly complain when Davis takes 20+ FGA and the game stays close, but when he takes half as many shots and we get blown out twice it's equally his fault, right? What about when he's benched or out with injury and we still get blown out? It would be Davis' fault, right?

He shot 13 shots tonight, but it was in 32minutes. Not to mention if he played the 4th he would have jacked up another 7 or 8 shots. In Minestota, he only played 18minutes and shot 2 for 9. In Chicago, he costs us the game thinking he was Ray Allen. Oh and By the Way, he was - 33 tonight, and -15 in Minnesota. Nicholson is playing better already.
Bo Outlaw
Pro Prospect
Posts: 796
And1: 225
Joined: Jul 16, 2012
   

Re: Trade Big Baby Thread 

Post#8 » by Bo Outlaw » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:26 am

Last 4 games
9 of 22
7 of 22
2 0f 9
4 of 13
User avatar
BrianEvansfor3
Freshman
Posts: 92
And1: 1
Joined: Jun 28, 2012

Re: Trade Big Baby Thread 

Post#9 » by BrianEvansfor3 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:26 am

It's true IMO so far Big Baby has been a Big Ball Hog. Also Ayon needs to play less and O'Quinn needs more playing time. Ayon has no athleticism at all.
Bo Outlaw
Pro Prospect
Posts: 796
And1: 225
Joined: Jul 16, 2012
   

Re: Trade Big Baby Thread 

Post#10 » by Bo Outlaw » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:30 am

Oh and I'm Rooting for Davis. I watched his "inside the Magic" video and seems he really had a tough life, but right now, he's exactly what this team doesn't need.
User avatar
Def Swami
RealGM
Posts: 16,602
And1: 3,890
Joined: Aug 04, 2008
Location: Orlandipo
       

Re: Trade Big Baby Thread 

Post#11 » by Def Swami » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:35 am

First they loved me, then they hate me, then they love me again...
Image
Runnin' mad games.
User avatar
MitchellUK
General Manager
Posts: 9,804
And1: 2,336
Joined: Apr 13, 2008
Location: Toronto
       

Re: Trade Big Baby Thread 

Post#12 » by MitchellUK » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:37 am

I don't know about trading him, but I do know the Davis we want is the one who threw himself on the deck to rip the ball away from Brook Lopez tonight, whilst the Davis we're getting the majority of the time is the guy who puts his head down and barrels his way to the paint before throwing up off-balance layups, or who insists on shooting jumpers from several feet outside of his range.
Magic Board A-League Fantasy Roster:

PG - J. Wall, DJ. Augustin,
SG - T. Ariza, E. Gordon, T. Allen,
SF - A. Wiggins, C. Parsons, T. Young, T. Snell
PF - J. Smith, T. Thompson, K. O'Quinn
C - J. Noah, T. Chandler, K. Koufos
User avatar
Def Swami
RealGM
Posts: 16,602
And1: 3,890
Joined: Aug 04, 2008
Location: Orlandipo
       

Re: Trade Big Baby Thread 

Post#13 » by Def Swami » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:50 am

Davis is great when he is in a reduced role. But we actually count on him to score.
Image
Runnin' mad games.
User avatar
Immature Luigi
Head Coach
Posts: 6,437
And1: 1,950
Joined: Oct 13, 2012
     

Re: Trade Big Baby Thread 

Post#14 » by Immature Luigi » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:01 am

If he keeps playing like he's on an Island then i think we should look into our options. For now i would scale his minutes back and play Nicholson more
Image
User avatar
OrlandO
RealGM
Posts: 10,749
And1: 4,229
Joined: May 27, 2009

Re: Trade Big Baby Thread 

Post#15 » by OrlandO » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:22 am

Bo Outlaw wrote:
OrlandO wrote:What's the matter? Commenting "I hate Davis" every 2 minutes in the game threads wasn't enough for you? You constantly complain when Davis takes 20+ FGA and the game stays close, but when he takes half as many shots and we get blown out twice it's equally his fault, right? What about when he's benched or out with injury and we still get blown out? It would be Davis' fault, right?

He shot 13 shots tonight, but it was in 32minutes. Not to mention if he played the 4th he would have jacked up another 7 or 8 shots. In Minestota, he only played 18minutes and shot 2 for 9. In Chicago, he costs us the game thinking he was Ray Allen. Oh and By the Way, he was - 33 tonight, and -15 in Minnesota. Nicholson is playing better already.

He took 13 shots in 32 minutes, but if he played another few minutes he would have jacked up 8 more? Yeah, that math adds up.... Niko was -35, Ish was -25 in just 16 minutes, Redick was -26. In Minny all our starters were equally bad or worse in the +/- department. What's your point? And have you not noticed Davis is trying to pass more. Sure, he played 19 minutes in Minny, but he also had 4 assists in that time.. but let's glance over the effort he put in to be less selfish, amirite? Tonight, he had 5 assists through 3 quarters while it took our PG all game to get the same with 3x more turnovers.

Nicholson is not playing "better." He's scoring here and there off the bench, but his defense is atrocious. I can get on board with giving our offensively talented rookie more time, but you don't have to trade one of our only hustle players to do that.

Bo Outlaw wrote:Oh and I'm Rooting for Davis. I watched his "inside the Magic" video and seems he really had a tough life, but right now, he's exactly what this team doesn't need.

LOL you are not rooting for Davis... I don't care what you watched, you've been his biggest hater on this board this season. One bad shot early in the game and it's immediately "I hate Big Baby" or "he's my least favorite player in magic history." This is his first season starting at his natural position and whether you want him to or not he's expected to be a major contributor on offense each game. Does he not get time to learn, improve, adjust? Btw, I bet after the way we started, Davis and Redick are now at the top of every opponents' whiteboard.
User avatar
NEM
RealGM
Posts: 11,866
And1: 773
Joined: Feb 02, 2003
Location: The O!
Contact:
         

Re: Trade Big Baby Thread 

Post#16 » by NEM » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:23 am

Three days ago, you all were saying how he might win mip... This board wins the award for most bipolar board in history... Relax, we are still playing without our three pretty much best players...
Not changing this sign until Magic win a championship. Started 6/26/2015.
User avatar
Horcy
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,303
And1: 10
Joined: Apr 27, 2006
Location: Buenos Aires - Argentina - HORCAS RELOADED!!!

Re: Trade Big Baby Thread 

Post#17 » by Horcy » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:27 am

Bo Outlaw wrote:I hope for a 1st rd pick in return, but I'm so desperate I would take a 2nd rd pick.


You are not desperate, you are just a moron :roll:
You are not a magic fan dude...are you? really?


NEM wrote:Three days ago, you all were saying how he might win mip... This board wins the award for most bipolar board in history... Relax, we are still playing without our three pretty much best players...


It's sick!! How many of you can change dramatically in less than a week? pathetic.
User avatar
I Rasharted
Rookie
Posts: 1,216
And1: 526
Joined: Nov 05, 2010

Re: Trade Big Baby Thread 

Post#18 » by I Rasharted » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:49 am

You don't trade Davis. That man is a born tank commander. A glory to behold.

basketballRob wrote:Another good benefit about eating plants is that the artery going to your penis gets unclogged and starts flowing real good.
User avatar
OrlandO
RealGM
Posts: 10,749
And1: 4,229
Joined: May 27, 2009

Re: Trade Big Baby Thread 

Post#19 » by OrlandO » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:56 am

lol, "bo outlaw" got suspended?? Anyone know what he did? Please tell me i get to go at least one game thread without having to put up with his constant big baby bashing...
User avatar
SOUL
RealGM
Posts: 27,247
And1: 3,445
Joined: Dec 11, 2006
Location: *******
Contact:
     

Re: Trade Big Baby Thread 

Post#20 » by SOUL » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:59 am

Big Baby isn't playing good and he isn't a #1 option. I don't mind him starting, but he needs to be talked to.
ImageImageImageImage

Return to Orlando Magic