ImageImageImageImage

Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLIX"Reg. Season"Ed.)

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

mityamag
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 64

Re: Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLIX"Reg. Season"Ed.) 

Post#1161 » by mityamag » Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:57 am

Bensational wrote:
thelead wrote:No one in the NBA is untradeable. If the price was right, Miami would trade LeBron. I HIGHLY doubt Vuc gets traded but he certainly is not a God that cannot be traded.

this.

Vuc is playing well, but he really needs to learn to anchor a defense before he reaches any kind of untouchable status in my eyes.

it's like people forget that Andris Biedrins was once a 22 year old putting up 12/11 on 58% with 1.5bpg and 1spg.

Biendris never had that soft 18 ft jumpshot
shadrock
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,521

Post#1162 » by shadrock » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:44 am

Wondering if we could maybe squeeze a future first rounder (would have to be 2015 as they have traded 2013 to Minny) out of Memphis for taking on the contract of Marreese Speights for the next 2 years using the TPE(5 mil approx per season)? After looking at Hollingers analysis on his espn profile, its clear hes not keen on the guy, and it would be a simpler route to cutting salary than trading Gay.

For us, taking on salary that expires by 2014 is no problem, and if we get a pick, i say we should do it!

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk HD
glennathan
Lead Assistant
And1: 147

Re: Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLIX 

Post#1163 » by glennathan » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:48 am

shadrock wrote:Wondering if we could maybe squeeze a future first rounder (would have to be 2015 as they have traded 2013 to Minny) out of Memphis for taking on the contract of Marreese Speights for the next 2 years using the TPE(5 mil approx per season)? After looking at Hollingers analysis on his espn profile, its clear hes not keen on the guy, and it would be a simpler route to cutting salary than trading Gay.

For us, taking on salary that expires by 2014 is no problem, and if we get a pick, i say we should do it!

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk HD

We would have to send them at least one player because we are at 15. Who do you send?
Reporter - How do you feel about your first triple double?

Bo Outlaw - What is that some kind of cheeseburger?
shadrock
Lead Assistant

Post#1164 » by shadrock » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:00 pm

I wouldnt send anyone, just cut one of our 3rd stringers...
shadrock
Lead Assistant

Post#1165 » by shadrock » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:00 pm

Cut Ish maybe?
RYgoBOOM
Bench Warmer
And1: 292

Post#1166 » by RYgoBOOM » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:49 pm

I know everyone keeps saying vucci needs to be a defensive anchor but I just don't think he will ever get to upwards of 2.5 bpg. Some centers just don't get there lol, look at Pekovic for example. IMO he is one of the better centers in the NBA but he's only at .9 bpg. Then they couple him with K love and thats why they have issues IMO as a team. Offensive/rebounding oriented bigs should be coupled with a Nerlens Noel type of 4.

I know some people aren't high on Nerlens but his offensive isn't even close to broken like some have said....he's a force in the paint and either blocks or alters shots a solid amount. Him and Vucci would be just fine against most frontcourts in the NBA
www.TheAutoSkin.com

Orlando's Elite Peelable Paint 1 stop shop!
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 10,013

Post#1167 » by KillMonger » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:28 pm

While Nerlens isn't as bad offensively as we think he is as frail as we think, he's getting pushed around at the College level don't quite know what to expect when he hit the NBA level where opponents are even bigger and stronger than the College level. Quite honestly i don't expect him to be on the board when we pick anyway so to me Nerlens might be wishful thinking
Darth Magic
Veteran
And1: 707

Post#1168 » by Darth Magic » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:48 pm

I Think we should make a run at Greg Oden in the Off Season as a young cheap project to pair with Vucevic.
"Real Gs move in silence; like lasagna" Jeff Weltman
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,180

Post#1169 » by Optimus_Steel » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:55 pm

You don't have to be an elite shot blocker to be an effective team anchor.
aka: prorl
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,602

Post#1170 » by BadMofoPimp » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:47 pm

Optimus_Steel wrote:You don't have to be an elite shot blocker to be an effective team anchor.

True, altering shots and closing lanes is just as important. Plus, Vuc has plenty of time to develop into at least an average defender and when paired with a good defender like we see with BBD, then it is all about team defense and understanding each others footwork.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
AdamTheGreek
RealGM
And1: 2,115

Post#1171 » by AdamTheGreek » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:04 pm

Vucevic is 22 years old. Combine that with all the responsibility he's taken as a starting center filling Dwight's shoes about as well as anyone could've imagined and Nik is as close to untouchable as you can get. His age and high ceiling are a building block.

More than Redick, more than Jameer, and even more than Big Baby who are not nearly as young.

Vooch is a sophomore who has barely played a full season of basketball thanks to the lockout.
Twitter: @PapageorgiouMBO
Penny & Pops Podcast (Orlando Magic): https://soundcloud.com/137665379
ZeusIsLoose
Senior
And1: 234

Post#1172 » by ZeusIsLoose » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:07 pm

mityamag wrote:
Bensational wrote:
thelead wrote:No one in the NBA is untradeable. If the price was right, Miami would trade LeBron. I HIGHLY doubt Vuc gets traded but he certainly is not a God that cannot be traded.

this.

Vuc is playing well, but he really needs to learn to anchor a defense before he reaches any kind of untouchable status in my eyes.

it's like people forget that Andris Biedrins was once a 22 year old putting up 12/11 on 58% with 1.5bpg and 1spg.

Biendris never had that soft 18 ft jumpshot

Didnt Biendris shoot 16% from the FT line one year? God damn............
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,180

Post#1173 » by Optimus_Steel » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:36 pm

Biedrins game is/was more hustle, lenght, and athleticism. He is also became extremely weak minded and he never showed the array of skills and shooting that Vuc has. Vuc also has a good head on his shoulders.
aka: prorl
Leopold_Stoich
Freshman
And1: 1

Post#1174 » by Leopold_Stoich » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:39 pm

Completely agree on this, but, he's developed into a pretty damn good center and If i'm not mistaken good centers are hard to come by right now. He's 7ft with excellent rebounding capabilities and he's got a nice mid range stroke which definitely throws our defense for a loop because most teams had defensive plays set against us to guard the three point line. So yes, Vucci isn't "un-tradeable" but considering the fact that centers are a high commodity right now, I don't see Henny being interested in any offers unless it's something absurdly amazing.
AdamTheGreek
RealGM
And1: 2,115

Post#1175 » by AdamTheGreek » Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:27 pm

Nik ranks 3rd in the NBA in rebounds amongst ALL players, and he's also inching up his scoring to 15th among 'centers'. It's not absurd to say he's a top 10 center right now.
Twitter: @PapageorgiouMBO
Penny & Pops Podcast (Orlando Magic): https://soundcloud.com/137665379
recko321
Pro Prospect
And1: 168

Post#1176 » by recko321 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:47 pm

i think managment needs to focus on how the F do we get bledsoe here. dangle our 1st round pick this year plus whatever else. he's gonna be a stud for sure.
Cigamodnalro
RealGM
And1: 66

Post#1177 » by Cigamodnalro » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:12 pm

recko321 wrote:i think managment needs to focus on how the F do we get bledsoe here. dangle our 1st round pick this year plus whatever else. he's gonna be a stud for sure.

Not worth it.
https://twitter.com/cigamodnalro
“A house pulled down is half rebuilt” - Ancient Proverb
"There's beauty in the breakdown" - Frou Frou
"We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees" - Jason Kidd
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,110

Post#1178 » by tiderulz » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:16 pm

recko321 wrote:i think managment needs to focus on how the F do we get bledsoe here. dangle our 1st round pick this year plus whatever else. he's gonna be a stud for sure.

he is a scoring guard. He doesnt make players better and his assist avg is fairly low. I wouldnt throw the sink at him.
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 12,773

Post#1179 » by ChosenSavior » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:18 pm

Cigamodnalro wrote:

Not worth it.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,602

Post#1180 » by BadMofoPimp » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:37 pm

Bledsoe sure does look good on a loaded team. His assist average should be higher playing with those guys. Imagine Bledsoe on a team with not many to pass to or less scoring opportunities like on the Magic. He wouldn't look nearly as good. The only thing I like about Bledsoe NOW is that he is on a cheap contract. But, if he expects a payday, then I want nothing to do with someone who may not earn that contract.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!

Return to Orlando Magic