ImageImageImageImage

Official Speculation Thread (Pt.LI "Trade Deadline" Edition)

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Javanar
Pro Prospect
And1: 57

Re: Official Speculation Thread (Pt.LI "Trade Deadline" Edit 

Post#1181 » by Javanar » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:47 am

We still have a huge TPE.

Josh Smith, Milsap, Jennings, Ellis, Howard, Bynum, Iguodala, Calderon, Tyreke are possible free agents this summer.

If a team wants to sign one of them, that team probably will have to offload some of their players. And our TPE and cap flexibility can become valuable in this summer.

Henny is doing a good job.
I am not a native English speaker...
OrlandO
RealGM
And1: 16,421

Post#1182 » by OrlandO » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:12 am

Arron Afflalo @arronafflalo
royalty to earn

what u want for your life ..... never take for granted

I think I'm going to unfollow afflalo... sick of his tweets. They always sound like they're coming from a depressed person undergoing therapy or something.
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,636

Post#1183 » by Skin » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:13 am

~Snoopy~ wrote:its official
we got worst roster in the nba right now

its like
Dont u dare to win any game

If we win a game...

Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,451

Post#1184 » by Bensational » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:34 am

OrlandO wrote:
royalty to earn

what u want for your life ..... never take for granted

I think I'm going to unfollow afflalo... sick of his tweets. They always sound like they're coming from a depressed person undergoing therapy or something.

lol. that's exactly what he sounds like.

now is his time to shine, cos he hasn't got anyone pushing him out of position anymore. i'm hoping he can go back to being efficient, playing off the ball more, and helping to set an example for our young guns.
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,654

Post#1185 » by Howard Mass » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:18 pm

Javanar wrote:We still have a huge TPE.

Josh Smith, Milsap, Jennings, Ellis, Howard, Bynum, Iguodala, Calderon, Tyreke are possible free agents this summer.

If a team wants to sign one of them, that team probably will have to offload some of their players. And our TPE and cap flexibility can become valuable in this summer.

Magic should not spend any money in free agency this summer.

Only go for players who Hennigan and his team have an eye and that could be gotten cheap.

This team needs to continue with the slow rebuild and not spend any money until at least 2014.
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
ZeusIsLoose
Senior
And1: 234

Post#1186 » by ZeusIsLoose » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:28 pm

Howard Mass wrote:

Only go for players who Hennigan and his team have an eye and that could be gotten cheap.

This team needs to continue with the slow rebuild and not spend any money until at least 2014.

Agreed! Plus all those players are going to be way overpaid. Josh is going to get a max deal and im sorry, he isnt worth it.
RickB-Orlando
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,336

Post#1187 » by RickB-Orlando » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:48 pm

In other words, no one we want. Certainly not for the money they're going to be looking for.
ZeusIsLoose
Senior

Post#1188 » by ZeusIsLoose » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:07 pm

Who besides Lebron, Wade, Bosh, and Kobe are FA's that we may go after in 2014? I see Lebron either going back to Miami or even possibly Cleveland. Wade will stay in Miami. Bosh is a toss up, not really sure where he will go. and Kobe will more than likely stay in LA if hes not retired by then.
NEM
RealGM
And1: 2,122

Post#1189 » by NEM » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:33 pm

What do you guys think of a Humphries and brooks trade for our tpe this summer? Adds another cheap, young piece and humphries is expiring in 2014. That's what I see hennigan doing with that tpe or at least trying to do. Either brooks or a first rounder and taylor
I live rent free in your head. You know who you are :D

Not changing this sig until Magic win a championship. Started 6/26/2015.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1190 » by Bensational » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:35 pm

ZeusIsLoose wrote:
Howard Mass wrote:

Agreed! Plus all those players are going to be way overpaid. Josh is going to get a max deal and im sorry, he isnt worth it.

i don't think he was saying that we should spend money on FA's this summer. he was saying that we can help other teams clear cap space by using our TPE, in exchange for draft picks and good young players - and continue our rebuild.

clearly we'd have to be selective, and only take players whose contracts don't extend beyond 2014, but i'm sure we'll be able to find someone to work with.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1191 » by Bensational » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:41 pm

ZeusIsLoose wrote:Who besides Lebron, Wade, Bosh, and Kobe are FA's that we may go after in 2014? I see Lebron either going back to Miami or even possibly Cleveland. Wade will stay in Miami. Bosh is a toss up, not really sure where he will go. and Kobe will more than likely stay in LA if hes not retired by then.

not many options. our biggest hope would be in one of the RFAs flat out telling their team they don't want to come back, threatening to take the QO, and then orchestrating a s&t. of those guys, though, DMC is a headcase, Wall and Monroe haven't convinced me you can build a team around them, and there are a couple more I can't remember right now, but all of them are RFAs.
glennathan
Lead Assistant
And1: 147

Post#1192 » by glennathan » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:45 pm

Here is a link from ESPN showing all of the Free Agents and there status for 2013 & 2014

http://m.espn.go.com/nba/story?storyId=8589693

Biggest names I see are

2013: Iguodala, Jarrett Jack, Jose Calderon, Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Monta Ellis, Kevin Martin, Andrew Bynum, Manu Ginobli, Stephen Jackson, Al Jefferson, Paul Milsap

2014: Paul Pierce, Ramon Sessions, Luol Deng, Vince Carter, Dirk Nowitzki, Danny Granger, Kobe Bryant, Pau Gasol, Zach Randolph, Rudy Gay, LeBron, D-Wade, Chris Bosh, Larry Sanders (R), Carmelo, Amaré, Marcin Gortat

There is way more on other types of deals like ETO's, restricted Free Agents, and other types but just some of the bigger names
Reporter - How do you feel about your first triple double?

Bo Outlaw - What is that some kind of cheeseburger?
JBSouthpaw
Analyst
And1: 1,273

Post#1193 » by JBSouthpaw » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:50 pm

with our roster next year full of young players, and our extra draft picks being one year closer, Henny has positioned this team to make a big trade next year, or even after the draft this year.

What does every team look for to get back in a trade? Young players and draft picks.
Next year, we will be a lot like Houston was this year.
OrlChamps2030
General Manager
And1: 4,160

Post#1194 » by OrlChamps2030 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:08 pm

Who escapes the cellar first? The Bobcats or the Magic?

Both have rookie head coaches. Both have GM's from successful drafting teams. The Bobcats probably have slightly better prospects at this point. Both will probably have a top 2 pick this yr. Both have owners willing to blow money. We have better vets (not sure if that helps or hurts the tanking process).

The race of the tank?
magicman112
Head Coach
And1: 1,888

Post#1195 » by magicman112 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:10 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmZM53FdnQ0

Some Tobias (or Kobias as one video called him lol) Harris highlights. Dude has some nice skills.
glennathan
Lead Assistant
And1: 147

Post#1196 » by glennathan » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:14 pm

JBSouthpaw wrote:with our roster next year full of young players, and our extra draft picks being one year closer, Henny has positioned this team to make a big trade next year, or even after the draft this year.

What does every team look for to get back in a trade? Young players and draft picks.
Next year, we will be a lot like Houston was this year.

Agreed. I am thinking Devos certainly chose the right guy for the job. This seems so refreshing compared to what Otis did.
Reporter - How do you feel about your first triple double?

Bo Outlaw - What is that some kind of cheeseburger?
ZeusIsLoose
Senior

Post#1197 » by ZeusIsLoose » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:25 pm

magicman112 wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmZM53FdnQ0

Some Tobias (or Kobias as one video called him lol) Harris highlights. Dude has some nice skills.

SOLD
IGotDaMagicInMe
Sixth Man
And1: 203

Post#1198 » by IGotDaMagicInMe » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:28 pm

Zmill wrote:Who escapes the cellar first? The Bobcats or the Magic?

Both have rookie head coaches. Both have GM's from successful drafting teams. The Bobcats probably have slightly better prospects at this point (based on how they've played thus far in their NBA career it probably goes Vuc > Kemba > MKG > Biyombo > Nicholson > Harkless) . Both will probably have a top 2 pick this yr. Both have owners willing to blow money. We have better vets (not sure if that helps or hurts the tanking process).

The race of the tank?

O'win is better than Biyombo, as far as im concerned biyombo should be last on that list. Don't forget we just got lamb and harris too
JBSouthpaw
Analyst
And1: 1,273

Post#1199 » by JBSouthpaw » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:36 pm

Both have rookie head coaches. Both have GM's from successful drafting teams. The Bobcats probably have slightly better prospects at this point (based on how they've played thus far in their NBA career it probably goes Vuc > Kemba > MKG > Biyombo > Nicholson > Harkless) . Both will probably have a top 2 pick this yr. Both have owners willing to blow money. We have better vets (not sure if that helps or hurts the tanking process).

The race of the tank?

Not sure if those were rankings of the players?
Let's see, if you put all the rookies and 2nd year players from these two teams and did a draft, I would pick them in this order:
MKG
Kemba
Vuc
Nicholson
Harkless
Biymbo
Harris
Jeff Taylor

Not drafted
Jones
O'Quinn

Head to head
MKG > Harkless
Nicholson > Biymbo
Taylor > Jones
OrlChamps2030
General Manager
And1: 4,160

Post#1200 » by OrlChamps2030 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:43 pm

IGotDaMagicInMe wrote:

The race of the tank?

O'win is better than Biyombo, as far as im concerned biyombo should be last on that list. Don't forget we just got lamb and harris too

Is Biyombo really that bad for a 2nd year player? Yeah I forgot a few guys. Mullens from Charlotte is also a guy I forgot. He is playing pretty solid this year. Either way I would still say we have the top prospect between the two (Vuc), they have a couple of guys that have shown more thus far than most of our guys(Kemba, MKG, Mullens), but we have more young guys than they do if you include guys deemed as fringe NBA players thus far (DQJ, Lamb, Moore).

Another interesting thing to note is both teams are saving up cap space for 2014 and beyond it seems. But man, Tyrus Thomas has to have one of the worst contracts in the NBA.

Edit: to above post^^: I was trying to rank the players based on what they've shown thus far but it got kinda hard with certain guys who have shown so little. I consider myself a Kemba fan, but in the long run would you really want him over Vuc?

Return to Orlando Magic