ImageImageImageImage

Magic to unveal two Hall of Fame inductees

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Melvinlocker
Bench Warmer
And1: 650

Re: Magic to unveal two Hall of Fame inductees 

Post#21 » by Melvinlocker » Wed Apr 9, 2014 8:50 pm

AdamTheGreek wrote:It was a real treat being there today. I've got the post-speech interviews below. I'll post the speeches in a bit. You can really tell how much this meant to Pat and Nick. Also, Martins talks about the Hall of Fame process. The pedestals and trophies are very well done.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqqxA1T1jys[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAppgnG5TLo[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwJppTG3b2g[/youtube]

It's great to see the gratitude that both Nick and Pat had in just the simple recognition of their careers in Orlando. It may not seem like much to some, but many former players, coaches and executives have trouble adjusting to life away from the game and it's things like this that go a long way in helping them feel both important and connected to an organization that is proud of them. This also goes a long way to our current players such as Dipo who want to leave a legacy and stay connected to the team for his entire career and beyond.
damo[23]
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 64

Post#22 » by damo[23] » Wed Apr 9, 2014 9:45 pm

Can they retire #25 now please?!

But really pleased for his HOF place, need him up in the rafters!!!
OrlandO
RealGM
And1: 16,421

Post#23 » by OrlandO » Wed Apr 9, 2014 10:24 pm

damo[23] wrote:Can they retire #25 now please?!

But really pleased for his HOF place, need him up in the rafters!!!

I agree with Neato... part of this whole HOF deal is probably so they don't feel pressured to retire numbers any time soon. Number retirement is a bigger honor than some in-house HOF, and I don't think they want Nick Anderson to be the first retired # otherwise they would have done it by now, especially during the 25th anniversary season. I think they're waiting to retire a player that leads us to our first championship.
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,654

Post#24 » by Howard Mass » Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:49 am

Gerhalt11 wrote:
Howard Mass wrote:Now, they just need to retire #25 for Nick.

Not this again.

I understand we love him, and I understand he was a very important part of this organization, but retiring jerseys still needs to be mostly dependent on on-court performance, and Nick just didn't get it done in that respect.

0 all-star selections.
0 20+ ppg seasons.
0 championships.

'nuff said.

Nick Anderson might not have done any of those but he provided Magic fans with so many memories and was voted the best player in team history.

The memories are still wonderful for me many years later and I cannot stand when another player wears #25.
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
mhectorgato
RealGM
And1: 574

Post#25 » by mhectorgato » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:39 pm

AdamTheGreek wrote:It was a real treat being there today. I've got the post-speech interviews below. I'll post the speeches in a bit. You can really tell how much this meant to Pat and Nick. Also, Martins talks about the Hall of Fame process. The pedestals and trophies are very well done.

Thanks for sharing these!
NEM wrote: However, I'm a fan of my team winning so, keep the winning coming. All the "tank" fans can take their crap to another board. We are here to win.
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,709

Post#26 » by thelead » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:42 pm

mhectorgato wrote:

Absolutely. Adam doesn't get enough and1's around here.
AdamTheGreek
RealGM
And1: 2,115

Post#27 » by AdamTheGreek » Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:03 pm

Thanks for the high praise.
Twitter: @PapageorgiouMBO
Penny & Pops Podcast (Orlando Magic): https://soundcloud.com/137665379
mhectorgato
RealGM
And1: 574

Post#28 » by mhectorgato » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:40 pm

thelead wrote:
mhectorgato wrote:

Absolutely. Adam doesn't get enough and1's around here.

Agreed, despite his Eagle affiliation.
NEM wrote: However, I'm a fan of my team winning so, keep the winning coming. All the "tank" fans can take their crap to another board. We are here to win.

Return to Orlando Magic