ImageImageImageImage

OT: New (and old) Magic fans, introduce yourself!

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

arsenal6106
Assistant Coach
And1: 155

Re: OT: New (and old) Magic fans, introduce yourself! 

Post#141 » by arsenal6106 » Sun May 22, 2016 4:37 pm

Magic fan since 94 when my parents moved to Daytona Bch from England. I've been a fan since. I've been on these boards for awhile, but been missing in action since starting PA school a couples years ago. Slowing getting back into RealGm with graduation coming up in August.
Confidence Poll[/size][/color][/url]
Dennis Reynolds
Lead Assistant
And1: 12,120

Post#142 » by Dennis Reynolds » Sun May 22, 2016 4:56 pm

8-) :D Image :D 8-)
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#143 » by j-ragg » Sun May 22, 2016 5:06 pm

arsenal6106 wrote:Magic fan since 94 when my parents moved to Daytona Bch from England. I've been a fan since. I've been on these boards for awhile, but been missing in action since starting PA school a couples years ago. Slowing getting back into RealGm with graduation coming up in August.

Congrats! Which school? I'm looking to apply in a year ish.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,917

Post#144 » by drsd » Sun May 22, 2016 5:09 pm

Dr SD here. Born on the old Naval training station and was raised in Winter Park. Went to UCF (Put in six years time-served at Publix); and then became a Badger in Wisconsin to put the first two letters to my handle. Two years in Central England, then 12 years in Germany. Now back in North England.

Just back from IKEA in Leeds. Nowhere near as good as the IKEA in Cologne, Germany. Off to have a curry and a pint.

arsenal6106
Assistant Coach
And1: 155

Post#145 » by arsenal6106 » Sun May 22, 2016 5:43 pm

j-ragg wrote:
arsenal6106 wrote:Magic fan since 94 when my parents moved to Daytona Bch from England. I've been a fan since. I've been on these boards for awhile, but been missing in action since starting PA school a couples years ago. Slowing getting back into RealGm with graduation coming up in August.

Congrats! Which school? I'm looking to apply in a year ish.

Nova Southeastern Jax. Thanks, feel free to message or w/e if you any questions.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Confidence Poll[/size][/color][/url]
OrlandoDream
General Manager
And1: 5,940

Post#146 » by OrlandoDream » Sun May 22, 2016 6:04 pm

What the heck, I'll bite.

Alex and currently 30yo living near Orlando. Been a fan since I got to this country(born in Cuba) in 94. Really got into it in the tmac days. Tmac is still my favorite all time player despite the divorce. He got me to watch ball more then ever before and been stuck on magic ball since then. Forrmer UF College of Pharmacy grad that works as a FT Pharmacist. Prob the only one in my class that likes gator bball more then gator football. #ComehomeParsons

Excited for the new upcoming era of Magic bball and ready for rings.
Dancing Raddish
Pro Prospect
And1: 8

Post#147 » by Dancing Raddish » Mon May 23, 2016 12:40 am

Magic fan since I was like 5. Raised in Oviedo. Now living in Pensacola. Joined the board back in 2004 but I lurked for about a year before then. I rarely post but I'm always watching! Dun Dun Dun...
EasternMagic
RealGM
And1: 1,154

Post#148 » by EasternMagic » Mon May 23, 2016 2:58 am

I looked through a few pages and can't remember if I ever posted on here, so...

My name is Joe. I'm 27. Grew up in Orlando. Went to UCF and moved to Jacksonville after I graduated, but I am excited to be moving back to the motherland in a week! New goal, get rich enough for season tickets. I have been a Magic fan for as long as I can remember. My first NBA jersey was a Shaq jersey. Still have it. Black pinstripes. Hopefully my kid will wear it someday.
T-Rob
Magic Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 58

Post#149 » by T-Rob » Mon May 23, 2016 4:19 am

name is Tyson, from Oregon but currently live in Utah. Graduated from BYU with a degree in Sports Management and currently run a rec center just outside of Salt Lake City. Used to post frequently on orlandomagic.com forums but realm has been my lurking place of choice for a few years. Grew up a Sonics fan and hate David Stern with all the fiber of my being 8-)
seeingstars
Sixth Man
And1: 794

Post#150 » by seeingstars » Mon May 23, 2016 11:39 pm

Anyone work at the Amway Centre?
The future is bright 8-) Payton said. ``I just want to keep getting better and maybe one day I can be the all-time all assists leader for the Magic.’’
Nemesis21
RealGM
And1: 6,608

Post#151 » by Nemesis21 » Mon May 23, 2016 11:43 pm

seeingstars wrote:Anyone work at the Amway Centre?

I used to, quit after this past season,due to not wanting it to become an issue with my day job. I was a seat usher for 4 years, the last 3 at section 101.
miki716
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#152 » by miki716 » Tue May 24, 2016 7:02 am

fendilim wrote:
miki716 wrote:Another non-American Magic fan... this one from Mallorca, Spain.

Hello, and Viva Vogel.
Welcome to the board.

Really liked your country.. Went there last December.. already thinking about retiring there. lol

Where did you go? Come back in summer, in winter there is no life compared with summer.
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,019

Post#153 » by fendilim » Tue May 24, 2016 8:30 am

miki716 wrote:
fendilim wrote:
miki716 wrote:Another non-American Magic fan... this one from Mallorca, Spain.

Hello, and Viva Vogel.
Welcome to the board.

Really liked your country.. Went there last December.. already thinking about retiring there. lol

Where did you go? Come back in summer, in winter there is no life compared with summer.

Went to Granada, Seville and Madrid. Really loved Granada and Seville haha
miki716
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#154 » by miki716 » Tue May 24, 2016 9:46 am

fendilim wrote:
miki716 wrote:
fendilim wrote:Welcome to the board.

Went to Granada, Seville and Madrid. Really loved Granada and Seville haha

Yeah, Madrid is big but... it has no soul.
CraZyPraiZ
Starter
And1: 700

Post#155 » by CraZyPraiZ » Tue May 24, 2016 12:12 pm

Hi everyone. Luis here (58) I am the oldest :). Realtor with Keller Williams. I have been a fan since I moved from Jersey in 1990. It took a while to shed the old Knicks, Nets skin but I really started following during the Shaq, Penny years and have never looked back. People laugh at me because I have Magic paraphernalia all over my office and say that we will never win. I say the hell with them I still love my team. Vogel will prove them all wrong. The name CrazyPraiZ, well being a Christian I like to give the Lord a crazy praise. Be blessed all.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,602

Post#156 » by BadMofoPimp » Tue May 24, 2016 12:13 pm

EasternMagic wrote:I looked through a few pages and can't remember if I ever posted on here, so...

My name is Joe. I'm 27. Grew up in Orlando. Went to UCF and moved to Jacksonville after I graduated, but I am excited to be moving back to the motherland in a week! New goal, get rich enough for season tickets. I have been a Magic fan for as long as I can remember. My first NBA jersey was a Shaq jersey. Still have it. Black pinstripes. Hopefully my kid will wear it someday.

They have season ticket payment plans where you pay them off in 10 months. Thus, it was something like $125 a month for upper bowl. Back when my old job sponsered Magic related stuff, I was able to get first row upper bowl near center court. Fantastic view and you can lean on railing in front of you.

Otherwise, just wait until gametime and if the game starts at 7, show up right at 7 or 5 minutes before. Scalpers will be desperate and take whatever you are willing to pay. I have paid $50 a seat for 7th row behind the bench this way. Much fun if you are already a little buzzed from the 3 for 1's at Ember's happy hour and decide to catch a game last minute.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
UCFJayBird
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 3,418

Post#157 » by UCFJayBird » Tue May 24, 2016 12:50 pm

Can't believe I never posted in here.

Jay (real name is Jason), 29. Been a member here for nearly 13 years (jesus) starting back in high school. Even used to write a few articles for the site back in my early days when I was considering becoming a Sports Writer. Back in my first year I literally posted all over realgm about 80-100x a day. Now it's probably 2-3 posts a day.

Grew up in the Chickasaw Trail area, then moved to Sanford for middle school and went to Seminole High. Graduated from UCF with a BSBA in Finance. Work in financial services managing executive benefit retirement plans (deferred comp, serps, etc). Been doing that for about 4 and a half years.

Got married this past February.

Been a Magic fan for as long as I can remember. I often say I've been a few since the beginning but I was 3 years old so I probably don't actually remember it and just think i do, lol. Armstrong is my all-time favorite, I remember playing a game of Knockout with him and Bo Outlaw at the Magic summer camp when I was in middle school (I won a pretty sweet Most Improved Player for the camp). Favorite memory is that steal and layup in the last seconds against Philly.

Huge Broncos fan, also becoming a bigger fan of the Jags ever since Blake Bortles got drafted. Big Orlando City fan as well (go Lions!).
Audi
Analyst
And1: 2,783

Post#158 » by Audi » Tue May 24, 2016 1:29 pm

30yrs old. Born and raised in Winter Springs, went to Trinity Prep in my younger years an then to Winter Springs High School. Went to college in the NC mountains, graduated, came back to Orlando for a year or two and then moved back up to NC where I own a blueberry farm with my brother and work in the botanics industry. Been a Magic fan as long as I can remember - my grandfather would take me to games regularly. He had a knack for parking in the sketchiest of all available lawns on Parramore. He and I once shared a booth at Ronnie's Resturaunt (Rip) with none other than Shaquille O'Neil. My young mind was blown and would still be if it happened today.

Oh, i'm Audi and I approve this message.
Abra Cadabra, Razzmatazz, Slam-Dunk Sesame, Hocus Pocus, Alacazam, Gonna set the spirit free
Keeping The Original Orlando Magic Theme Song Alive
OrlDave
General Manager
And1: 3,017

Post#159 » by OrlDave » Tue May 24, 2016 2:07 pm

So after rereading this thread, there are 4 Davids... and that's not counting DaveyWavey who has not posted, but I would assume is also a Dave. The Daves are taking over! :P
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 12,773

Post#160 » by ChosenSavior » Tue May 24, 2016 2:34 pm

Had to go through this thread again to make sure I posted in here before lol.

Return to Orlando Magic