ImageImageImageImage

Is it to early to be expecting playoffs?

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,501

Re: Is it to early to be expecting playoffs? 

Post#101 » by MagicFan101 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:55 pm

drsd wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if the Magic fail to reach the playoffs for the next 2-3 years if things don't happen as people think they will.

If Orlando does not make the playoffs in the next two years, I cannot see either GM Hennigan or Coach Vaughn as employees of the Magic.

You should cross off this coming season (because that 'aint happening) and just say that if Orlando doesn't make the playoffs in 2015-2016, the GM and coach will likely be fired.

We had a lot of cap space and 2 lottery picks this summer. None of our moves or choices are of the "win now" variety. Next summer will be a deeper free agent class. Henny won't / can't sit on his hands forever with this money. We will try to make a splash next summer as our young develops gain another year of seasoning.

Henny has a great eye for young talent, but is he the salesman on the free agent market that a GM needs to be? We have enough young talent. If he can't make enough of an impact in the 2015 free agency then it is time to thank him for the great work he has done and go find a GM who can take us beyond the asset collection stage.

... for the record, I don't think it will come to that. This isn't New York. We don't need to sign Kevin Durant. I believe Henny will do what it takes to get us to the next level.

Return to Orlando Magic