ImageImageImageImage

Bianchi: Dwight will "Come Home" to Orlando !

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Swiftraven
Senior
And1: 124

Re: Bianchi: Dwight will "Come Home" to Orlando ! 

Post#81 » by Swiftraven » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:59 pm

TheShoe1010 wrote:This is seriously really stupid. As countless people have pointed out, Orlando isn't home. The Hawks would be "going home" for Dwight Howard.

And I wouldn't want him back.

I will maintain that there is a HUGE difference between how guys like Lebron and Bosh left and how guys like Dwight and Carmelo left.

It's one thing to honor your contract and leave when you are a free agent. But Dwight made it a public ordeal that could have crippled our team much worse than it actially did (one of the reasons I believe in our FO guys).

He acts and carries himself like a 12 year old, and it's not cute or endearing anymore. Let him rot out West.

He was so desperate to not look like the bad guy, that he ended up coming off looking worse than just being the bad guy. He could have sucked it up and stayed quiet and gotten traded, then opted out. Instead he opts in due to "being too loyal" and the circus kept up. It was ridiculous, but I still would take him back if healthy.
TheShoe1010
Junior
And1: 295

Post#82 » by TheShoe1010 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:09 pm

Swiftraven wrote:
TheShoe1010 wrote:This is seriously really stupid. As countless people have pointed out, Orlando isn't home. The Hawks would be "going home" for Dwight Howard.

And I wouldn't want him back.

I will maintain that there is a HUGE difference between how guys like Lebron and Bosh left and how guys like Dwight and Carmelo left.

It's one thing to honor your contract and leave when you are a free agent. But Dwight made it a public ordeal that could have crippled our team much worse than it actially did (one of the reasons I believe in our FO guys).

He acts and carries himself like a 12 year old, and it's not cute or endearing anymore. Let him rot out West.

He was so desperate to not look like the bad guy, that he ended up coming off looking worse than just being the bad guy. He could have sucked it up and stayed quiet and gotten traded, then opted out. Instead he opts in due to "being too loyal" and the circus kept up. It was ridiculous, but I still would take him back if healthy.

The problem was the failure to realize that the "nice guy" thing to do was to honor your contract and walk. Or quietly going to the FO and ask to explore trade options.

Instead, he got our coach (one of the top 10-12 in the league) fired, and completely destroyed any leverage we may have had by running to the media. The flip flopping and the opt in were just cherries on the sundae.

Like I said, he's a child.
EasternMagic
RealGM
And1: 1,154

Post#83 » by EasternMagic » Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:02 am

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_8oI4LK3us[/youtube]

Return to Orlando Magic