ImageImageImageImage

Moe not playing for Puerto Rico

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Orlwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 3,679

Re: Moe not playing for Puerto Rico 

Post#41 » by Orlwillbeback » Fri Aug 1, 2014 4:45 am

The kind of improvements moe needs to make arent really things he can gain by practicing with a trainer. He has to show more life and assertiveness more than anything. If hes continuing to work on his three point shooting and defense then i can understand it.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,925

Post#42 » by drsd » Fri Aug 1, 2014 7:48 am

fendilim wrote:This is actually an important year for Harkless. Its a make or break year for him, if he performs well, he'll get a good extension deal next year.

I see this as THE REASON Harkless is not playing International Ball this summer. He needs to stay healthy and perform. If he does that, he will "get paid." Will he be a Magician? That might be doubtful given all the great press we here about with Harris.
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,019

Post#43 » by fendilim » Fri Aug 1, 2014 12:39 pm

drsd wrote:
fendilim wrote:This is actually an important year for Harkless. Its a make or break year for him, if he performs well, he'll get a good extension deal next year.

I see this as THE REASON Harkless is not playing International Ball this summer. He needs to stay healthy and perform. If he does that, he will "get paid." Will he be a Magician? That might be doubtful given all the great press we here about with Harris.

I think a lot of this depends on his improvement.

Also, I think Henni sees him as filling in the Thabo Sefolosha role.
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,238

Post#44 » by Blue_and_Whte » Fri Aug 1, 2014 1:21 pm

J the Drafter wrote:
mojosodope wrote:I was disappointed to see Oladipo picking up on the "dribbling is the only way to move the ball up the court" mentality obviously learned from Jameer

I've seen Nelson pass the ball ahead on the break plenty of times. I don't understand what people are talking about when they say he only walks the ball up the floor.
yeah I dont know either. People make **** up just to hate a player or hype up another player. Jameer didnt have jets but ive seen him push the ball plenty of times. People pretend that, he walked the ball up every possession.

He also showed his ability to pass the ball once dwight left which proves how much dwight presence had an inpact on the teams assist numbers. He made passes that he supposedly "couldn't make"

I also saw dipo walking the ball up the floor a bunch of a times but that doesnt matter because it doesn't support their initiative so its ignored.

Sent from my SM-G900P using RealGM Forums mobile app
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,238

Post#45 » by Blue_and_Whte » Fri Aug 1, 2014 1:23 pm

mojosodope wrote:
J the Drafter wrote:
mojosodope wrote:I was disappointed to see Oladipo picking up on the "dribbling is the only way to move the ball up the court" mentality obviously learned from Jameer

I've seen Nelson pass the ball ahead on the break plenty of times. I don't understand what people are talking about when they say he only walks the ball up the floor.

over the course of this past year's 82 game season, there wasn't a lot of Jameer pushing the ball. Theres a reason we had 9 alley oops this past season, and its not because we were short on athleticism.
LMAO...The amount of alley oops isnt an indication of how often nelson pushed the ball. No wonder you're on my ignore list. Thanks for dumbing down my day.

Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
mojosodope
Sixth Man
And1: 459

Post#46 » by mojosodope » Fri Aug 1, 2014 2:05 pm

Blue_and_Whte wrote:
mojosodope wrote:
J the Drafter wrote:I've seen Nelson pass the ball ahead on the break plenty of times. I don't understand what people are talking about when they say he only walks the ball up the floor.

over the course of this past year's 82 game season, there wasn't a lot of Jameer pushing the ball. Theres a reason we had 9 alley oops this past season, and its not because we were short on athleticism.
LMAO...The amount of alley oops isnt an indication of how often nelson pushed the ball. No wonder you're on my ignore list. Thanks for dumbing down my day.

I think Jameer is a great individual but personally I did not think his style of PG play was best for this team, not trying to push any agenda, just sharing an opinion on Moe's struggles. I think with a PG who increases the tempo, Moe would excel.

The number of alley oops is a small representation of how well we moved the ball as a team last season. Between Oladipo, Harris and Harkless running the floor, I believe we should have had a lot more transition plays. So yes, I do hold Jameer partially accountable for that as our starting PG and veteran influence on Oladipo. Jameer may very well be capable of pushing the ball, but this past season it was clear that was not a priority of his. In fact after trading for Harris I remember the pace of our play being SIGNIFICANT different when Jameer was shut down at the end of the season, and guess what.... Moe flourished.

As far as Oladipo over-dribbling the ball, I clearly acknowledged that as well and wish he didn't do it as much as, but again look at his primary influence at the PG position.

I think Jameer is a great individual but personally I did not think his style of PG play was best for this team, not trying to push any agenda, just sharing an opinion on Moe's struggles. I think with a PG who increases the tempo, Moe would excel.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,925

Post#47 » by drsd » Sat Aug 2, 2014 7:36 am

drsd wrote:

With the George injury it seems clearer than ever why Harkless is not playing international ball.

Return to Orlando Magic