ImageImageImageImage

Fantasy Basketball A and B Leagues Check In

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

SHAQ32
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,947

Re: Fantasy Basketball A and B Leagues Check In 

Post#101 » by SHAQ32 » Tue Sep 2, 2014 5:17 pm

Anyone who is active and interested in joining a C league, post in this thread or you can PM me your email.

I would prefer 16 teams, but judging by the interest in this thread so far I would be happy with 12.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,602

Post#102 » by BadMofoPimp » Tue Sep 2, 2014 5:33 pm

As for lack of moves last year on my part, well I was tearing it up while ending tied for 2nd most wins. There really were not many pieces I was willing to move until after Trade Deadline and then it was too late.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,636

Post#103 » by Skin » Tue Sep 2, 2014 5:41 pm

~Snoopy~ wrote:
Skin wrote:Also A League already has 11 signed up so far. I'm in favor of contracting to 14 teams. Any opposed?

count me out
ban my team or whatever

im interested only in 16 -20 team leagues

good luck guys it was fun all these years

This seems a bit overboard. At this point we're just getting everybody's thoughts. No final decisions have been made.
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
HoraceGrant
Pro Prospect
And1: 134

Post#104 » by HoraceGrant » Tue Sep 2, 2014 5:54 pm

What's our timeline looking like for getting everything going? Do we know when we are going to start drafts yet?
Skin
RealGM

Post#105 » by Skin » Tue Sep 2, 2014 6:32 pm

HoraceGrant wrote:What's our timeline looking like for getting everything going? Do we know when we are going to start drafts yet?

Everything depends on people signing up. I've sent invitations repeatedly and still only have 11 signed up so far. That's including Snoopy who wants to quit if we can't get 16. I thought reducing it to 14 would help us be able to start sooner.
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
HoraceGrant
Pro Prospect

Post#106 » by HoraceGrant » Tue Sep 2, 2014 6:53 pm

Skin wrote:
HoraceGrant wrote:What's our timeline looking like for getting everything going? Do we know when we are going to start drafts yet?

Everything depends on people signing up. I've sent invitations repeatedly and still only have 11 signed up so far. That's including Snoopy who wants to quit if we can't get 16. I thought reducing it to 14 would help us be able to start sooner.

Gotcha. How many are signed up in B League?
SHAQ32
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,947

Post#107 » by SHAQ32 » Tue Sep 2, 2014 6:54 pm

If you guys need another let me know I can do a few leagues.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#108 » by BadMofoPimp » Tue Sep 2, 2014 7:42 pm

I don't know who is running B league or if it has even been setup yet.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Skin
RealGM

Post#109 » by Skin » Tue Sep 2, 2014 8:39 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:I don't know who is running B league or if it has even been setup yet.

dsg is the B League commish.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,444

Post#110 » by Bensational » Wed Sep 3, 2014 12:11 am

BadMofoPimp wrote:I don't know who is running B league or if it has even been setup yet.

I got your message about restarting B-League, I'm just waiting until we confirm numbers and names before reactivating it. Then I can hand Commish title over to dsg, as he's running the show this year.

Do we have confirmed numbers and names yet?

Also, is anyone in B-League interested in attempting a live draft this year? Could save a lot of time, and a lot of whinging about people missing draft spots. Would be interesting to try, and if we gave everyone plenty of notice, I'm sure we could all coordinate to be available at the same time. Even if I'm unavailable, I'd be fine with setting an autopick roster for my team, as I'd like to get some more trades going this year.
dsg2021
Analyst
And1: 1,037

Post#111 » by dsg2021 » Wed Sep 3, 2014 1:33 am

1) After speaking with last year's B Commish, Bensationals, I'm making a new Y! fantasy league and not renewing last years. This makes it infinitely easier to manage who's coming in/out. I already have Skin's/last year's fantasy/roster settings. They will be 100% same, only issue is number of teams in league left.

2) Skin, the A Commish, can likewise probably boot out A leaguers who need to come down to B for contraction or whatever reasons. Worst case, he has to make a new league if he can't do an easy boot, no biggie.

3) Me and Skin won't allow non-Magic posters/fans into A league at all. This year, we are going to 14 teams too if there's not too much dissent about it within these next few days or so.

4) We have plenty of time to do everything still, I'll make a new B thread in 3-4 days. It will have the B league "check-in is closed date" and "draft start date" in it.

5) We're hard set on a forum draft Ben. Sorry bro! I do think we should seriously do like a 1 Magic game meet up tho. We could hit up the Budline base bar for a couple beers during the game, and pass along some ridiculous little trophies and have some league/trade talk (digital versions for those not in Orlando or available to join). (If we do this, I will nominate for trophy categories like; one for best average rank based on this & last year standings, one for most activity regardless of level of competency, and one for most wrecked by injuries lmao. Just give me these three and a champ haha.)

On the 14 team issue, it compromises the extreme of going 16 to 12, and it's only this year to see how it goes. There was a total of 4-6 trades between the 16 team sized A and B leagues last year, apparently we are stingier than real life gm's lmao. Logically, I next checked the activity level for why. Nope, based on league activity info, B had 4-5 ppl doing 30+ moves, and 8-10 doing atleast ~10 moves (& 2-3 hopelessly wrecked by injuries, RygoBoom!). These are not inactive leagues, just low actions ones because in part, due to 16 team sized free agent pools imho. We never have the issue of needing cash incentives either because we catch each other in here often, so the pride/bragging level is too high lol.

14 teams now means MORE than half of the league goes to playoffs, and the FA pool is also MORE interesting. These are more hope to play and more reason to experiment with trades (with veto rules).
HoraceGrant
Pro Prospect

Post#112 » by HoraceGrant » Wed Sep 3, 2014 1:47 am

Sounds good man, I'm pumped to get started! I'd be down for a meet up at a game too!
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,238

Post#113 » by Blue_and_Whte » Wed Sep 3, 2014 3:44 pm

B league check in

Sent from my SM-G900P using RealGM Forums mobile app
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#114 » by BadMofoPimp » Wed Sep 3, 2014 6:02 pm

If I end up moving down to Miami, would you guys kick me outta the league?

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Skin
RealGM

Post#115 » by Skin » Wed Sep 3, 2014 6:46 pm

dsg2021 wrote:14 teams now means MORE than half of the league goes to playoffs, and the FA pool is also MORE interesting. These are more hope to play and more reason to experiment with trades (with veto rules).

This shouldn't be the case. Last year we had 16 teams and 6 made it to the playoffs. Contracting to 14 teams and adding MORE teams to the playoffs doesn't make sense to me. I've never played in a league where more than half the teams make the playoffs. Keep it at 6. 3 week playoffs. Same setting as last year.
Skin
RealGM

Post#116 » by Skin » Wed Sep 3, 2014 6:47 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:If I end up moving down to Miami, would you guys kick me outta the league?

Are you going to stop being a Magic fan that posts here? :lol:
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#117 » by BadMofoPimp » Wed Sep 3, 2014 7:04 pm

Skin wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:If I end up moving down to Miami, would you guys kick me outta the league?

Are you going to stop being a Magic fan that posts here? :lol:

Never!

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
dsg2021
Analyst

Post#118 » by dsg2021 » Wed Sep 3, 2014 9:58 pm

Skin wrote:
dsg2021 wrote:14 teams now means MORE than half of the league goes to playoffs, and the FA pool is also MORE interesting. These are more hope to play and more reason to experiment with trades (with veto rules).

This shouldn't be the case. Last year we had 16 teams and 6 made it to the playoffs. Contracting to 14 teams and adding MORE teams to the playoffs doesn't make sense to me. I've never played in a league where more than half the teams make the playoffs. Keep it at 6. 3 week playoffs. Same setting as last year.

If its 6 though, we'll have 2-3 ppl out of the playoff race sooner, boring.

Playoffs can be more fun with 8/14 too. You scared of 8 playoff teams my friend? :D Scared MitchellUK might get 8th seed in your league and win Champ again? :nod:
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#119 » by BadMofoPimp » Wed Sep 3, 2014 10:17 pm

I would have won last year if BBD and Steve Blake didn't get traded from putting up garbage stats on bad teams last year . . .

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
dsg2021
Analyst

Post#120 » by dsg2021 » Wed Sep 3, 2014 11:29 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:I would have won last year if BBD and Steve Blake didn't get traded from putting up garbage stats on bad teams last year . . .

You want a real twist.

I was about 3-5 rebounds from jumping into MitchellUK's 8th seed, didnt touch my roster much last week or so tho because it was playing and rebounding too well (shoulda tried another risky fa swap instead). MitchellUK later won the Championship.

Theres a serious strategy to playoff upsetting too because I saw how well Mitchell and my dead team were statting up in the playoff weeks (Its not like I stopped watching the Magic/Clips games and a couple key boxscores). Theres methods to the madness out there. Just got to take some risks, whether it's all the way back to the drafting strategy or in season moves :rock:

Return to Orlando Magic