ImageImageImageImage

Fantasy Basketball A and B Leagues Check In

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

OrlandoMagic
Lead Assistant
And1: 435

Re: Fantasy Basketball A and B Leagues Check In 

Post#41 » by OrlandoMagic » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:58 pm

I'm signing in as back up for any league or whatever. Also I'm able to commish any and all leagues if need be
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,602

Post#42 » by BadMofoPimp » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:00 pm

I suggest the Draft not being until mid October because it would suck for those who draft their players now and then they get injured to miss most or all of the season effectively knocking the participants out of league contention before the season even starts.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
p0peye
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,002

Post#43 » by p0peye » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:20 pm

Sign me up too. Mid October is too late IMO, we will not finish the draft. We should start next week. If players get hurt, we're all in the same boat, it can happen to anyone.
HoraceGrant
Pro Prospect
And1: 134

Post#44 » by HoraceGrant » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:26 pm

OrlandoMagic wrote:I'm signing in as back up for any league or whatever. Also I'm able to commish any and all leagues if need be

Ok, it would be great if you could commish A League. I also think we need to start a lot sooner than Mid October, these drafts take a while. How should we do the sign in? New thread?
OrlandoMagic
Lead Assistant

Post#45 » by OrlandoMagic » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:35 pm

Ah let me rephrase , I can be commish as long as we start after Sept 10th.. I'll be out of town until than and also studying to take my state exam for real estate....

But yes we need to start a seperate Thread for A league sign up only. Allow a couple of days for the players from last year to sign in that qualify to participate this year. Demote the last four to B league and promote the top four from B league to A league.... After a few days any left over spots should be open to whomever.

Also I think it would be a great addition to just copy and paste rankings from yahoo into the thread and delete as they names get picked. Makes it simpler for those who can't actually or don't want to keep track for themselves.
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,636

Post#46 » by Skin » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:52 pm

I'll be the Commissioner of A League. I'll be around and I'm willing to do it. I find enjoyment in this stuff.
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
HoraceGrant
Pro Prospect

Post#47 » by HoraceGrant » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:58 pm

Skin wrote:I'll be the Commissioner of A League. I'll be around and I'm willing to do it. I find enjoyment in this stuff.

Ok cool man, do you want to go ahead and get the signup page going?
Skin
RealGM

Post#48 » by Skin » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:05 pm

HoraceGrant wrote:
Skin wrote:I'll be the Commissioner of A League. I'll be around and I'm willing to do it. I find enjoyment in this stuff.

Ok cool man, do you want to go ahead and get the signup page going?

The sign up will be the tricky part. I know some B league members wanted to move up this year. What do you guys think of the Top 4 finishers from B League and bottom 4 finishers of A League swapping spots?

Obviously if any of the Top 4 finishers from B League want to stay there, then they have that freedom to choose. If they decline then invitations will be sent down the line.

Is that fair?
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,238

Post#49 » by Blue_and_Whte » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:05 pm

Checking in b league...I think

Sent from my SM-G900P using RealGM Forums mobile app
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
OrlandoMagic
Lead Assistant

Post#50 » by OrlandoMagic » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:12 pm

Like I said before give the top 12 teams in A league and top 4 in B league first dibs at signing up for the A league. Afterwards let who ever fill in empty spots...

B league would be their top 12 and A leagues bottom 4...

But also in reality those who think A league is a superior league compared to B or C league is just crazy. All it means is thre are a lot of us who want to join leagues.
HoraceGrant
Pro Prospect

Post#51 » by HoraceGrant » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:24 pm

Yeah, I'm fine with however you guys wanna set it up. I'm also ok with shaking up the draft order if you guys want to. I got first pick last season because I got 2nd and whoever one didn't come back, so I'd be fine not having first this year if you guys wanna do a random order or something. However, if you wanna keep it the way it's been, I'm ok with that too.
OrlandoMagic
Lead Assistant

Post#52 » by OrlandoMagic » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:27 pm

I had a live draft at my house last year so I got ping pong balls numbered already. I don't mind picking the order for the league in not in. Or just have a random generator do it
Skin
RealGM

Post#53 » by Skin » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:31 pm

OrlandoMagic wrote:Like I said before give the top 12 teams in A league and top 4 in B league first dibs at signing up for the A league. Afterwards let who ever fill in empty spots...

B league would be their top 12 and A leagues bottom 4...

But also in reality those who think A league is a superior league compared to B or C league is just crazy. All it means is thre are a lot of us who want to join leagues.

Oh, I must have missed you saying that. I will go ahead and extend invitations to the top 4 in B League once the league is set up.

I think you're right about superiority in a way because things have sort of gotten messed up (to nobody's fault)recently. Last season there wasn't even a C League for example. But as far as I can remember being here, there has always been the tradition of making room for the top finishers to move up, so it's not completely shot. I also think if we can keep it consistent then we can easily say that that is the case where A League members are the most deserving and anyone new would have to begin in the C League and work their way up. I think that establishes incentive to play hard and keep activity high. One thing that ruins fantasy leagues that don't have monetary prizes is that some folks quit and that always sucks. This is one way to create incentive and positive competition.
Skin
RealGM

Post#54 » by Skin » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:32 pm

OrlandoMagic wrote:I had a live draft at my house last year so I got ping pong balls numbered already. I don't mind picking the order for the league in not in. Or just have a random generator do it

Tradition has been that the draft order is based on season finishes. Winners pick 1st. Snake style.
HoraceGrant
Pro Prospect

Post#55 » by HoraceGrant » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:34 pm

Skin wrote:
OrlandoMagic wrote:I had a live draft at my house last year so I got ping pong balls numbered already. I don't mind picking the order for the league in not in. Or just have a random generator do it

Tradition has been that the draft order is based on season finishes. Winners pick 1st. Snake style.

Yeah, that's fine if you guys wanna keep it that way. I'm just bored of the number one pick! I had it in both my leagues last year and again in this one this year.
Skin
RealGM

Post#56 » by Skin » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:57 pm

HoraceGrant wrote:
Skin wrote:

Yeah, that's fine if you guys wanna keep it that way. I'm just bored of the number one pick! I had it in both my leagues last year and again in this one this year.

Impressive... but you're lucky I lost Blake Griffin in our Championship match up!
HoraceGrant
Pro Prospect

Post#57 » by HoraceGrant » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:01 pm

Skin wrote:
HoraceGrant wrote:
Skin wrote:Tradition has been that the draft order is based on season finishes. Winners pick 1st. Snake style.

Impressive... but you're lucky I lost Blake Griffin in our Championship match up!

Haha, I think there was a lot of luck involved in my championship last season.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,602

Post#58 » by BadMofoPimp » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:08 pm

p0peye wrote:Sign me up too. Mid October is too late IMO, we will not finish the draft. We should start next week. If players get hurt, we're all in the same boat, it can happen to anyone.

If you don't mind half the league to have participants who give up and not keep up for most of the season, then we can do it that way.

I would wait until after USA games tho at the earliest.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Edrock
Rookie
And1: 210

Post#59 » by Edrock » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:10 pm

Your Mom! Checking in for A League. Ripped through the regular season last year (I think I was in 1st by 20+ games),. Got the bye and lost the 2nd round matchup last play of the last game on Sunday night! (f*kin Steph Curry TO!!!) still stings. I need redemption!
TNMagicFan
Head Coach
And1: 243

Post#60 » by TNMagicFan » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:13 pm

HoraceGrant wrote:
Skin wrote:

oh you poor thing :roll: however do you make it getting the #1 pick all the time ? Has to be torture :lol:

Return to Orlando Magic