ImageImageImageImage

Henny Will win GM of the year this year...

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

iTs JusT zo
Bench Warmer
And1: 248

Henny Will win GM of the year this year... 

Post#1 » by iTs JusT zo » Wed Oct 8, 2014 3:14 am

BOOK IT.

this obviously means that this year's magic will basically be the NBAs cinderella team.

First round exit but sneaking into the playoffs as a 7-8 seed while showing the world Orlando's bright future should give us reason to smile.

We will get twice as good every year from now until we win the championship we deserve in 4-8 years.

Believe baby. Believe.

Go magic!
Yet even amid the suffering that results from sin...god's love is revealed.
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 10,013

Re: Henny Will win GM of the year this year... 

Post#2 » by KillMonger » Wed Oct 8, 2014 4:02 am

CZ Eddie
Starter
And1: 768

Post#3 » by CZ Eddie » Wed Oct 8, 2014 5:18 am

It's way too early of course, but you know I had to check on Dante Exum.
In 29 minutes with the Jazz tonight, he had four points and two assists.
https://sports.yahoo.com/nba/portland-t ... 014100726/
Keep your politics out of my sports
KingRobb02
Lead Assistant
And1: 917

Post#4 » by KingRobb02 » Wed Oct 8, 2014 1:03 pm

Hahahahahahaha... There is a guy who landed 2 of the 5 best players in the NBA this summer and Magic fans think their guy still did a better job.
purpleswordfish
Rookie
And1: 540

Post#5 » by purpleswordfish » Wed Oct 8, 2014 1:20 pm

KingRobb02 wrote:Hahahahahahaha... There is a guy who landed 2 of the 5 best players in the NBA this summer and Magic fans think their guy still did a better job.

I think that this guy is a one off. No one here is agreeing with him. I certainly won't agree with him, I feel like Hennigan is looking for another job in the summer of 2016.
KingRobb02
Lead Assistant
And1: 917

Post#6 » by KingRobb02 » Wed Oct 8, 2014 1:26 pm

purpleswordfish wrote:
KingRobb02 wrote:Hahahahahahaha... There is a guy who landed 2 of the 5 best players in the NBA this summer and Magic fans think their guy still did a better job.

I think that this guy is a one off. No one here is agreeing with him. I certainly won't agree with him, I feel like Hennigan is looking for another job in the summer of 2016.

I think even saying "it's too early to say" is crazy at this point.
in-limbo
Sixth Man
And1: 362

Post#7 » by in-limbo » Wed Oct 8, 2014 1:27 pm

Rob will probably be in the conversation every year, he's a very solid GM. The situation in Cleveland wasn't exactly brilliant work, Lebron decides to go home and brings Love with him. Cleveland somehow wins the lottery and has a piece to trade that they didn't deserve. What the GM had in place was a fight with Cuban for Chandler, not bad, not great. Hennigan killed in this draft going against conventional wisdom and got Frye that had like 8 teams after him.
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,180

Post#8 » by Optimus_Steel » Wed Oct 8, 2014 1:34 pm

Unfortunately, Lebron doesn't qualify for GM of the year.
aka: prorl
MellowRose
Banned User
And1: 1,551

Post#9 » by MellowRose » Wed Oct 8, 2014 1:57 pm

If the Cavs' Gm wins GMOY, that will be the most undeserving award ever. Hennigan HAS to be in contention for this along with IDK who, but definitely not the Cavs' GM.
MellowRose
Banned User

Post#10 » by MellowRose » Wed Oct 8, 2014 1:58 pm

purpleswordfish wrote:

Why in the hell do you think Hennigan will not be here around summer of 2016?
OrlandoNed
Head Coach
And1: 4,776

Post#11 » by OrlandoNed » Wed Oct 8, 2014 2:03 pm

MellowRose wrote:
purpleswordfish wrote:

I wouldn't bother taking him too seriously. He's been super pessimistic lately.
tooler
General Manager
And1: 5,342

Post#12 » by tooler » Wed Oct 8, 2014 2:34 pm

This is embarrassing. If I have one criticism of some posters on this board, it's that they are looking too much for accolades from the rest of the league -- feeling like Oladipo got robbed for ROY is a good example.

Embrace the underdog role. Let our players and organization keep that chip on their shoulder.

There are plenty of real reasons to be excited about this team again. Don't rush it.
purpleswordfish
Rookie
And1: 540

Post#13 » by purpleswordfish » Wed Oct 8, 2014 3:07 pm

OrlandoNed wrote:
MellowRose wrote:
purpleswordfish wrote:

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10872 ... b-hennigan

So, both Vaughn and Hennigan have contracts through the summer of 2016. With an owner that is 88 and wants to win sooner than later, why would they keep Hennigan and/or Vaughn? You only get so many 20-win seasons in the NBA before you get thrown out of a team's front office.

The people in Vegas who make a living setting odds have the Magic win total over/under at 28.5. Another losing year is in the works. So yeah, I think your beloved Hennigan is out after 2015-2016.
OrlandoNed
Head Coach
And1: 4,776

Post#14 » by OrlandoNed » Wed Oct 8, 2014 3:12 pm

purpleswordfish wrote:
OrlandoNed wrote:
MellowRose wrote:

So, both Vaughn and Hennigan have contracts through the summer of 2016. With an owner that is 88 and wants to win sooner than later, why would they keep Hennigan and/or Vaughn? You only get so many 20-win seasons in the NBA before you get thrown out of a team's front office.

The people in Vegas who make a living setting odds have the Magic win total over/under at 28.5. Another losing year is in the works. So yeah, I think your beloved Hennigan is out after 2015-2016.

Whatever you say bro. :lol:

Just try to have a little bit of patience and enjoy the ride. Building a contender takes time.
MellowRose
Banned User

Post#15 » by MellowRose » Wed Oct 8, 2014 3:17 pm

purpleswordfish wrote:
OrlandoNed wrote:
MellowRose wrote:

Why wouldn't they keep Hennigan? Were not going to be tanking this season or in the foreseeable future.

The people in Vegas also said the Suns would go and win about 21 games. How many did they win last season? That's right...48. Las Vegas odds has nothing to do with this and people are sleeping on the Magic anyways.
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,180

Post#16 » by Optimus_Steel » Wed Oct 8, 2014 3:24 pm

purpleswordfish wrote:
OrlandoNed wrote:
MellowRose wrote:

RDV may be close to 90, but his son now runs the team and he is totally on board with this process the Magic have taken of building completely from the ground up without taking shortcuts. The Magic have accumulated talented and skilled players with great attitudes and that bodes well. This team is talented enough to win 35 games and make a run at the playoffs this year, then go and make playoff runs for many many years.

To go by what Vegas odds makers say is in the very least ridiculous.
aka: prorl
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,602

Post#17 » by BadMofoPimp » Wed Oct 8, 2014 4:58 pm

Dude, Henny signed Bum Garbage for $4.5 mil. Dude should be lashed, not GM of the year. And, it was only one game. Just wait til the 33 win record at the end of the year . . .

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Nemesis21
RealGM
And1: 6,608

Post#18 » by Nemesis21 » Wed Oct 8, 2014 5:14 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:Dude, Henny signed Bum Garbage for $4.5 mil. Dude should be lashed, not GM of the year. And, it was only one game. Just wait til the 33 win record at the end of the year . . .

Furinkazan
General Manager
And1: 3,534

Post#19 » by Furinkazan » Wed Oct 8, 2014 5:47 pm

Heard that before
about Otis
OrlChamps2030
General Manager
And1: 4,160

Post#20 » by OrlChamps2030 » Wed Oct 8, 2014 6:25 pm

This award is probably going to the Cavs' GM

Return to Orlando Magic