ImageImageImageImage

Vucevic gets 4 years $54 million extension!

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

BadWolf
General Manager
And1: 3,239

Re: Vucevic gets 4 years $54 million extension! 

Post#161 » by BadWolf » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:14 pm

i expected a deal like this. What did you expect, 14M +?
not a bargain right now, not a terrible deal, average
wonder what tobes wants and what he's offered
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,601

Post#162 » by BadMofoPimp » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:27 pm

mojosodope wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:I would take Vooch at his age over Deandre Jordan and Tyson Chandler any day.

How does Tyson Chandler even fit into this comparison?

He's the same age as Frye, and been on a serious decline since....playing with Chris Paul

Someone posted before me rating Chandler and Jordan above Vooch.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
p0peye
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,000

Post#163 » by p0peye » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:49 pm

BadWolf wrote:i expected a deal like this. What did you expect, 14M +?

I would sign Vučević to exact contract he got. Now, after seeing Henny hand those money to Jameer, Gordon and Frye, I was already fearing Hayward scenario. He restored some faith in my account with this move.
KingRobb02
Lead Assistant
And1: 917

Post#164 » by KingRobb02 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:04 pm

p0peye wrote:

I would sign Vučević to exact contract he got. Now, after seeing Henny hand those money to Jameer, Gordon and Frye, I was already fearing Hayward scenario. He restored some faith in my account with this move.

Kind of makes me wonder what's going through his agent's head. You have to think that any good agent would see the landscape and tell his client to pad his stats and try to get a max next summer.
mojosodope
Sixth Man
And1: 459

Post#165 » by mojosodope » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:26 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:
mojosodope wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:I would take Vooch at his age over Deandre Jordan and Tyson Chandler any day.

How does Tyson Chandler even fit into this comparison?

He's the same age as Frye, and been on a serious decline since....playing with Chris Paul

Someone posted before me rating Chandler and Jordan above Vooch.

I can see the argument for Jordan, and even actually agree, but Chandler? Thats just absurd
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,636

Post#166 » by Skin » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:10 pm

Fischella wrote:Is an overpay, I like Vucevic but he is not even a top15-20 Center right now, and he doesnt do anything at an elite level, other than rebounding, he is not a defender or a dominant scorer.
Is a good player to have, but for 13.5m$/y? or the cap really rises like crazy or it is an overpay.

With this kind of incompetence, you're giving the real Fran Fischella a bad rap.
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,716

Post#167 » by basketballRob » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:26 pm

If a player like Bosh was a center on every other team in the NBA, Vuc would put up Chamberlain type numbers for the year.
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,636

Post#168 » by Skin » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:32 pm

Since 2012 when he arrived Vucci Mane has been one of only three players—along with perennial All-Stars Howard and Kevin Love—to average at least 13 points and 11 rebounds.
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
OrlandO
RealGM
And1: 16,421

Post#169 » by OrlandO » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:34 pm

Skin wrote:Since 2012 when he arrived Vucci Mane has been one of only three players—along with perennial All-Stars Howard and Kevin Love—to average at least 13 points and 11 rebounds.

The general board would argue he's putting up stats on a bad team... :roll: . Yeah, that's why Vuc was the only player to even average 10 rpg out of the bottom six teams last season...
tooler
General Manager
And1: 5,335

Post#170 » by tooler » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:28 pm

OrlandO wrote:The general board would argue he's putting up stats on a bad team... :roll:

I almost got sucked in there. I was about to explain how Frye's contract means little and should easily be tradeable under the new cap. Then I realized what a waste of time it was.

It reminds me of arguing politics and religion on the Internet. You can spend all this time crafting a detailed explanation for someone, then a day later somebody posts the same thing because they missed the earlier discussion. It's an endless treadmill. There's just too many people out there compared to a cozy little board like this one.

It's fun to laugh at them occasionally though.
LedeniZZZ
Senior
And1: 172

Re: ???: Vucevic gets 4 years $54 million extension! 

Post#171 » by LedeniZZZ » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:34 pm

OrlandO wrote:
Skin wrote:Since 2012 when he arrived Vucci Mane has been one of only three players—along with perennial All-Stars Howard and Kevin Love—to average at least 13 points and 11 rebounds.

The general board would argue he's putting up stats on a bad team... :roll: . Yeah, that's why Vuc was the only player to even average 10 rpg out of the bottom six teams last season...

Good stats on bad team are overrated too much.

Kevin Kove, Kyrie, Hayward put good stats on bad teams why is that diffrent ? DMC is one of the best C's should we not accept that fact because he put up stats on a bad team ? Carmelo is superstar but his team didnt make playoffs last year for the 1st time, so now he is not superstar anymore since it's on bad team ?
Basketball is a team sport and if most of the players on some team suck, or is young unexprerienced team... Or others are just that good it doesn't mean that certain player are just puting stats on bad team.
Is AD not next big thing coz his team was not in PO or he can miss it in this season as well (west is too deep).

Vooch is good, young, has upside. Deal is not ok, good.... Deal is awesome. Gortat got 12 per and is 30 with no upside and he is arguably worse than vooch (his d is better of course).
Frye got 8 and
Marvin Williams 8.

And some people think Vučević should get only 10m. Cmon people.

Kris Humphries had 10m contract.

12 is awesome. I expected 13-14m.

Also people mention some C's who would they take over Vooch. Like there is chance that Howard, Marc Gasol, Noah, Duncan, DMC... choose Orlando especially for 'market' value. Get real.
Only thing that Orlando could do to have better C then Vooch is too suck some more, get lucky on the lottery and draft some stud (they could of had Embiid if they were more lucky in the lottery). And in that case Vooch contract is very movable.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JKfZA-kMjo
call for unattainable beauty
magicman123
RealGM
And1: 722

Post#172 » by magicman123 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:35 pm

Ehh we over paid by about $75,000...jk

Good deal, glad he's locked up for the next 5 years

Congrats Vucci
didak
Pro Prospect
And1: 198

Post#173 » by didak » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:01 pm

Love the deal....

But....

I LOVE VUC'S COMMITMENT TO THE TEAM!!!!!
R I P - Kobe Bryant
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,432

Post#174 » by Bensational » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:13 am

KingRobb02 wrote:
p0peye wrote:

Kind of makes me wonder what's going through his agent's head. You have to think that any good agent would see the landscape and tell his client to pad his stats and try to get a max next summer.

yeah, surely his agent would have pushed for that, unless he fears potential injury in the next season and prefers the security of close enough money now.

or, Henny and JV have built a strong culture of team oriented guys, and Vuc is buying into that?
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#175 » by Bensational » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:33 am

OrlandO wrote:

this is one of those spin arguments I really don't like. the parameters are conveniently set to 13/11, to put Vuc in the company of Dwight and Love. but JJ Hickson averaged 12/10 and 12/9 over the same duration, in under 30mpg both seasons. is he worth $13.5M? Omer Asik surely would have been in that same vicinity, as would Drummond. Joakim Noah doesn't make the cut-off, does that make him worse than Vuc? Robin Lopez is floating right around the perimeter of those numbers.

if you made the cut-off 15/9, Vuc wouldn't get a look in, but David Lee, Zach Randolph, Al Horford and LMA would.

i actually reckon we've got 3 guys on our team who could average a double double if given the minutes. Vuc, Kyle and Dedmon.

i think this season is Vuc's breakout season. this is the year we don't have to contrive numbers to make him look better than he is, this year he'll put up elite numbers. 17/10, 18/10, 20/10, whatever. i'd much rather have a guy who truly separates himself from others, rather than us finding ways to separate him.
Inqui
Sophomore
And1: 80

Post#176 » by Inqui » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:51 am

tooler wrote:
OrlandO wrote:The general board would argue he's putting up stats on a bad team... :roll:

I almost got sucked in there. I was about to explain how Frye's contract means little and should easily be tradeable under the new cap. Then I realized what a waste of time it was.

It reminds me of arguing politics and religion on the Internet. You can spend all this time crafting a detailed explanation for someone, then a day later somebody posts the same thing because they missed the earlier discussion. It's an endless treadmill. There's just too many people out there compared to a cozy little board like this one.

It's fun to laugh at them occasionally though.

The general board is a wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Anyway, good to see Vucevic get this deal. It's a nice thought that this is a big step to the future fully coming together. You know, organically. ^_^
WillyJakkz
RealGM
And1: 3,430

Post#177 » by WillyJakkz » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:29 am

Very good deal for the Magic and Vucevic, I'm really excited about this.

Vucevic is definitely an elite rebounding C, not sure why people say his defense is terrible though as they conveniently forget rebounding is also an aspect of defense.

I could actually see us packaging Tobias or trading him individually to another team if we're too far apart in salary with he and his agent and it may not be such a bad thing as I feel Vucevic and 'Dipo should be our top paid guys outta the young'uns.

I wouldn't want us to pay Tobias double digit numbers or even anything above $7M personally and if push comes to shove I'd rather see us extend the QO to him after the season and allow the market to dictate his salary.

Anyway great job extending Vuc!
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#178 » by Bensational » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:47 am

WillyJakkz wrote:Very good deal for the Magic and Vucevic, I'm really excited about this.

Vucevic is definitely an elite rebounding C, not sure why people say his defense is terrible though as they conveniently forget rebounding is also an aspect of defense.

I could actually see us packaging Tobias or trading him individually to another team if we're too far apart in salary with he and his agent and it may not be such a bad thing as I feel Vucevic and 'Dipo should be our top paid guys outta the young'uns.

I wouldn't want us to pay Tobias double digit numbers or even anything above $7M personally and if push comes to shove I'd rather see us extend the QO to him after the season and allow the market to dictate his salary.

You see what the market just paid for Hayward and Parsons? Harris is looking at a 20ppg season, so he'll command big money, and then we're gonna be forced to match or risk losing him for nothing.

I'd say his agent knows that, too, so he's asking for a higher figure now.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,107

Post#179 » by tiderulz » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:56 am

WillyJakkz wrote:Very good deal for the Magic and Vucevic, I'm really excited about this.

so how are you going to feel if/when Oladipo's agent wants near max money? because in my opinion, he doesnt deserve it. His offensive game severely lags behind Harris. Yes, he is a good defender, but that doesnt call for max salary.
Orlwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 3,679

Post#180 » by Orlwillbeback » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:13 pm

Tobias is gonna average 20 and 8 this season, lead us to the playoffs and then we'll be forced to match a max offer.

Return to Orlando Magic