ImageImageImageImage

Official Speculation Thread (Regular Season '14-'15)

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

407Junkie
Starter
And1: 603

Re: Official Speculation Thread (Regular Season '14-'15) 

Post#3821 » by 407Junkie » Tue Mar 3, 2015 6:47 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:
407Junkie wrote:"@johnschuhmann: Is Borrego putting Ws over player development at this point? Willie Green getting more minutes than Elfrid Payton the last few games." Even the national writers can see what's going on with this clown. I'm starting to think he was sitting on the bench hoping Vaughn got fired to get his chance at the job.

Isn't Elf recuperating from a sprained ankle??? Sports writers are just bored trying to drum up stories.
I don't know about a sprained ankle, never heard it come up. But it's not hard to see Borrego aint with the development of the younger players and is trying to rack up as many w's as he can. Funny he's going about it trying to have Willie Green as a go to guy and that won't help him in his goal. Just want this season over with so we can get some real leadership in here and hopefully start to build something. Only problem I have is Hennigan and his selection on coaches but I hope he gets it right.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,602

Post#3822 » by BadMofoPimp » Tue Mar 3, 2015 6:49 pm

407Junkie wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:
407Junkie wrote:"@johnschuhmann: Is Borrego putting Ws over player development at this point? Willie Green getting more minutes than Elfrid Payton the last few games." Even the national writers can see what's going on with this clown. I'm starting to think he was sitting on the bench hoping Vaughn got fired to get his chance at the job.

Isn't Elf recuperating from a sprained ankle??? Sports writers are just bored trying to drum up stories.
I don't know about a sprained ankle, never heard it come up. But it's not hard to see Borrego aint with the development of the younger players and is trying to rack up as many w's as he can. Funny he's going about it trying to have Willie Green as a go to guy and that won't help him in his goal. Just want this season over with so we can get some real leadership in here and hopefully start to build something. Only problem I have is Hennigan and his selection on coaches but I hope he gets it right.

Well, lets look at it from Borrego's viewpoint. He has this once in a lifetime shot at head coaching and people react like he is supposed to suck at it by playing talent that won't win games. I would be bustin my ass trying to get every victory I can. Because, if he don't stick with the Magic after the season, he is advertising himself for any other job he can get. It is hilarious that people think that coaches are not people who like to support their family either. If Elf plays better, he will get more minute. 20-30mpg is plenty to develop Elf on already.

And, I am sure 4th Quarter Willie wants to earn more than $1.5 mil next year as well and he is auditioning himself for free agency.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,450

Post#3823 » by Bensational » Tue Mar 3, 2015 9:30 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:Well, lets look at it from Borrego's viewpoint. He has this once in a lifetime shot at head coaching and people react like he is supposed to suck at it by playing talent that won't win games. I would be bustin my ass trying to get every victory I can. Because, if he don't stick with the Magic after the season, he is advertising himself for any other job he can get. It is hilarious that people think that coaches are not people who like to support their family either. If Elf plays better, he will get more minute. 20-30mpg is plenty to develop Elf on already.

And, I am sure 4th Quarter Willie wants to earn more than $1.5 mil next year as well and he is auditioning himself for free agency.

i'm not sure why Henny hasn't released Green. we're doing the opposite to what we did the past two seasons, where we'd start by letting the veterans run amok, and bench them after the allstar weekend. now we're benching our youth and letting the vets step in during pointless games.

you're spot on about JB, though. he's at least learned that losing games on purpose won't win you favour with the FO or with the players. good for him. just do it without Willie Green.
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 10,013

Post#3824 » by KillMonger » Tue Mar 3, 2015 11:17 pm

I think Kia Borrego is doing everything he can to win games albeit at the expense of development. Part of the reason might be the VERY slim and i mean very slim shot at the playoffs. I believe when we're firmly out of reach which in my opinion is right about now, we'll be playing the young guys and the other guys (heartle.....harkless, Nicholson and O'Quinn) a lot more.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,602

Post#3825 » by BadMofoPimp » Wed Mar 4, 2015 12:30 am

Bensational wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:Well, lets look at it from Borrego's viewpoint. He has this once in a lifetime shot at head coaching and people react like he is supposed to suck at it by playing talent that won't win games. I would be bustin my ass trying to get every victory I can. Because, if he don't stick with the Magic after the season, he is advertising himself for any other job he can get. It is hilarious that people think that coaches are not people who like to support their family either. If Elf plays better, he will get more minute. 20-30mpg is plenty to develop Elf on already.

i'm not sure why Henny hasn't released Green. we're doing the opposite to what we did the past two seasons, where we'd start by letting the veterans run amok, and bench them after the allstar weekend. now we're benching our youth and letting the vets step in during pointless games.

you're spot on about JB, though. he's at least learned that losing games on purpose won't win you favour with the FO or with the players. good for him. just do it without Willie Green.

As far as Willie goes from what I have seen, he is a solid locker room guy. He puts on team efforts on the floor and plays to win. Gotta like guys like that and he is very cheap. Unless he asks to leave, you keep him around.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,450

Post#3826 » by Bensational » Wed Mar 4, 2015 12:37 am

BadMofoPimp wrote:
Bensational wrote:

As far as Willie goes from what I have seen, he is a solid locker room guy. He puts on team efforts on the floor and plays to win. Gotta like guys like that and he is very cheap. Unless he asks to leave, you keep him around.

keep him in the locker room, then. his team play has only been a factor in recent games, before that he was playing like he was Kobe Bryant, taking wanton shots at will, and setting a horrible example for the youngsters. he's been great at making the extra pass recently, but i feel like the rest of our team has been doing just as well without his presence on the court.
Destin
Junior
And1: 204

Post#3827 » by Destin » Wed Mar 4, 2015 2:32 am

BRIAN SHAW - isn't that who most Magic fans wanted as their head coach a while back?

All of these Hennagin Fan boys are kind of pathetic.

Henny has put together a terrible team and has been a colossal failure and a lot of you on here treat him like he is the next god of basketball GMs

Nick is the ONLY player on this team that has impressed me.
"All I picture Rob Hennigan doing is sitting in his phat office drinking starbucks and pinching himself wondering how he landed a GM job in the NBA" - Destin
Baka_La Flame
Pro Prospect
And1: 198

Post#3828 » by Baka_La Flame » Wed Mar 4, 2015 2:36 am

I think there's a good chance the Bulls see an early exit in the playoffs and this is in fact the end of the Thibs era. He's going to be available but will he be interested in us? Are there any better options then us with vacancies?
UCFJayBird
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 3,418

Post#3829 » by UCFJayBird » Wed Mar 4, 2015 2:54 am

Destin wrote:BRIAN SHAW - isn't that who most Magic fans wanted as their head coach a while back?

Henny has put together a terrible team and has been a colossal failure and a lot of you on here treat him like he is the next god of basketball GMs

1. his name is Nik.

2. it's way too early to make a determination on Hennigan. Vaughn was certainly a mistake, but it was impossible to know that the last two seasons because the intention was to be bad. This season Vaughn was terrible and didn't make it to the all-star break. I'm not going to write off our GM because the coach he hired when the team was entering rebuild mode was pitiful. It certainly counts against him, but his other moves have been decent at worst and they're tough to judge. I'd say he's done well with the draft and trades, and done average at free agency (tough to say, I didn't think we'd be making any big moves in FA till this summer regardless).

We have a LOT of YOUNG talent, and with a good coach who knows how good they really would've been this year. I say let Hennigan have one more coach in his tenure. If his next hire doesn't get us into the playoffs next year, then it's probably time to start re-examining Hennigan.
Furinkazan
General Manager
And1: 3,534

Post#3830 » by Furinkazan » Wed Mar 4, 2015 7:45 am

Destin wrote:BRIAN SHAW - isn't that who most Magic fans wanted as their head coach a while back?

DW same people built a shrine for Otis.
We know how it ended.
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,620

Post#3831 » by SOUL » Wed Mar 4, 2015 8:05 am

lol where is this trying to win games bs coming from? willie green has been ass the entire season besides a recent 1/2 week stretch. elfrid was solid for like a month straight before the last 2 games where his minutes were jerked around, no **** hes not playing as well.
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,620

Post#3832 » by SOUL » Wed Mar 4, 2015 8:09 am

literally the equivalent of playing ben gordon out of nowhere (after, say, 6 solid games from him) over oladipo and benching him after 5 mins of play and keeping him out 12 straight minutes and then benching him a few more times early and then saying "we're just playing gordon cause borrego wants to win". simply put, we have nobody that will run a decent offense if we keep doing these minutes
bigdogdylan5
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,078

Post#3833 » by bigdogdylan5 » Thu Mar 5, 2015 6:25 am

UCFJayBird wrote:

1. his name is Nik.

2. it's way too early to make a determination on Hennigan. Vaughn was certainly a mistake, but it was impossible to know that the last two seasons because the intention was to be bad. This season Vaughn was terrible and didn't make it to the all-star break. I'm not going to write off our GM because the coach he hired when the team was entering rebuild mode was pitiful. It certainly counts against him, but his other moves have been decent at worst and they're tough to judge. I'd say he's done well with the draft and trades, and done average at free agency (tough to say, I didn't think we'd be making any big moves in FA till this summer regardless).

We have a LOT of YOUNG talent, and with a good coach who knows how good they really would've been this year. I say let Hennigan have one more coach in his tenure. If his next hire doesn't get us into the playoffs next year, then it's probably time to start re-examining Hennigan.

Dont feed the troll. We need to pull a Curt Schilling and find out who this guy is and get him fired.
Fine print disclaimer for Fultz:
I am high on Markelle Fultz. Yes I understand he is not perfect and needs to shoot more and better and turn the ball over less. I would really like to see him play one more year… and I did and he sucks time to move on.
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,190

Post#3834 » by cedric76 » Thu Mar 5, 2015 7:45 am

I want to see a elf,dipo,Ag,Noel,vuc line-up

But in meantime I 'll be happy to try elf,dipo,ag,ded,vuc

Ded looked very good next to vuc

The problem atm is that we have no-one to back up elf+dipo, this is why we see too much of willie+Ben

Sent from my HTC One using RealGM Forums mobile app
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,250

Re: 

Post#3835 » by eyriq » Thu Mar 5, 2015 12:50 pm

cedric76 wrote:I want to see a elf,dipo,Ag,Noel,vuc line-up

But in meantime I 'll be happy to try elf,dipo,ag,ded,vuc

Ded looked very good next to vuc

The problem atm is that we have no-one to back up elf+dipo, this is why we see too much of willie+Ben

Sent from my HTC One using RealGM Forums mobile app

With a healthy Fournier we can run a Payton/Oladipo/Fournier guard rotation, staggering Payton and Oladipo at the 1 and using Aaron Gordon or Harris as secondary ball handlers at the 3. Start giving more minutes to O'Quinn, another good passer in the half court. Injuries have sucked this year though.
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,238

Post#3836 » by Blue_and_Whte » Thu Mar 5, 2015 1:15 pm

~Snoopy~ wrote:

We know how it ended.

You WOULD agree with that clown. Two peas in a pod. He cant even spell Nik's name right and you're making up **** about people building a shrine for Otis. Who was it that "built a shrine for Otis" ? it's interesting because most people hated Smith. I think your just talking **** to talk ****.
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
Furinkazan
General Manager
And1: 3,534

Post#3837 » by Furinkazan » Thu Mar 5, 2015 2:42 pm

Blue_and_Whte wrote:
~Snoopy~ wrote:

We know how it ended.

You WOULD agree with that clown. Two peas in a pod. He cant even spell Nik's name right and you're making up **** about people building a shrine for Otis. Who was it that "built a shrine for Otis" ? it's interesting because most people hated Smith. I think your just talking **** to talk ****.

You ve got a short memory forgot how Otis played all other GMS?How he outsmart everybody and win every trade he made?
got us Darko Milicic for peanuts?Arenas?that trade for Arenas most of this board liked how much "firepower" we got in that trade.
forgot how Otis ruled on this board?Its quite similiar.Saying bad thing about Otis resulted a counterattack by fanboys.
Yes most people hated Smith After it was obvious he Fked up and somehow same people forgot the fact how they adored him few months earlier and loved his trades.

actually what do you want from me?nitpicking misspells accusing me of being racist ...every few days you attack me.

Im not bothering you
not insulting not commenting on Your posts I left you and your bf ezzzp alone so you two can comment freely no matter how tarded your comments are.
LBPTarHeel27
RealGM
And1: 1,512

Post#3838 » by LBPTarHeel27 » Thu Mar 5, 2015 3:47 pm

~Snoopy~ wrote:

You ve got a short memory forgot how Otis played all other GMS?How he outsmart everybody and win every trade he made?
got us Darko Milicic for peanuts?Arenas?that trade for Arenas most of this board liked how much "firepower" we got in that trade.
forgot how Otis ruled on this board?Its quite similiar.Saying bad thing about Otis resulted a counterattack by fanboys.
Yes most people hated Smith After it was obvious he Fked up and somehow same people forgot the fact how they adored him few months earlier and loved his trades.

I don't think any of that really ever happened...I challenge you to find a thread where the majority of the posters were praising moves made by Otis. I don't think it exists. People were against Otis when he signed Rashard Lewis. They were against him when
he drafted Fran Vasquez....which was essentially his first real move. Then moving towards the end of his time, people were against trading Courtney Lee. People were against re-acquiring Hedo. People were against Shard for Arenas, unlike you are portraying.

Otis was never really a popular figure on this board.
rcklsscognition
RealGM
And1: 7,141

Post#3839 » by rcklsscognition » Thu Mar 5, 2015 4:04 pm

Willie has logged 70% of his Orlando minutes at SG, and 21% at SF. I think he is the coach's guy on the court to provide ball movement backup and run the offense backup. We tend to get stuck at times and iso ball it and Willie does come in and settle things down.

The only thing you can say is that other guys haven't been good enough to beat him out for minutes or are injured.
407Junkie
Starter
And1: 603

Post#3840 » by 407Junkie » Thu Mar 5, 2015 4:15 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:
407Junkie wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:

Well, lets look at it from Borrego's viewpoint. He has this once in a lifetime shot at head coaching and people react like he is supposed to suck at it by playing talent that won't win games. I would be bustin my ass trying to get every victory I can. Because, if he don't stick with the Magic after the season, he is advertising himself for any other job he can get. It is hilarious that people think that coaches are not people who like to support their family either. If Elf plays better, he will get more minute. 20-30mpg is plenty to develop Elf on already.

Saying you're trying to win with Willie Green is like saying youre trying to get your girl pregnant with a rubber on. After this year who do you think is gonna give Borrego a head coaching job after this stellar job he's done as an interim? Pretty sure he was supporting his family on an assistant coach salary also. The place he's going back to being after this year is over no matter how hard he bust his ass the next 20 games. Willie Green was on the waiver wire before Henny the Great saved him. Who is gonna cash him out now that he's become the Magic's go to guy winning all these games because of him?

Return to Orlando Magic