ImageImageImageImage

Should the Magic fire JV now or wait abit?

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Should the Magic fire JV now?

Yes, nothing has changed fire his arse.
56%
Not 100% sure yet but it will happen this season.
25%
No, he's doing/done a great job.
19%

Total votes: 139

MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,501

Re: Should the Magic fire JV now or wait abit? 

Post#241 » by MagicFan101 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:39 am

This team isn't ready to win a lot of games with any coach. End of story.

This season is about development and progress. We are done tanking, so bring on the wins if they should come but winning is not our goal. We simply want to see our young guys get better.

I wonder why everyone is always so quick to give 100% credit to Henny for having a great eye for talent (which he does!) but no credit is ever given to Vaughn. Did these guys all simply fall off the end of the bench on other teams and instantly become strong players for Orlando? Is there any chance at all that the progress we have seen from Harris and Vuc is slightly JV's doing? If so, wouldn't we want a guy like that to mentor Dipo, Elf and Gordon?

Just saying... there is more to judge a young coach of a young team on than just wins / losses.
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,019

Post#242 » by fendilim » Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:39 am

BadMofoPimp wrote:I hardly see a fluid offense here. Vaughn just lets them play. I see so many times a player passes to another who ends up frantically looking for someone else to pass to. Just horrible. Mainly, it ends up with Fournier, Harris or Vooch just taking it upon themselves to create shots for themselves. It would be painful to watch at times if these young guys weren't so good. They really are bailing out the coach because team defense has been atrocious.

We run too many pick and rolls. Its like watching a less dynamic OKC Thunders.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,602

Post#243 » by BadMofoPimp » Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:47 am

MagicFan101 wrote:This team isn't ready to win a lot of games with any coach. End of story.

This season is about development and progress. We are done tanking, so bring on the wins if they should come but winning is not our goal. We simply want to see our young guys get better.

I wonder why everyone is always so quick to give 100% credit to Henny for having a great eye for talent (which he does!) but no credit is ever given to Vaughn. Did these guys all simply fall off the end of the bench on other teams and instantly become strong players for Orlando? Is there any chance at all that the progress we have seen from Harris and Vuc is slightly JV's doing? If so, wouldn't we want a guy like that to mentor Dipo, Elf and Gordon?

Just saying... there is more to judge a young coach of a young team on than just wins / losses.

I won't give Vaughn credit for Harris and Vooch. He don't call plays for most of what they do. These two talents are creating for themselves in a broken system. Vaughn just puts them out there and is reaping the accolades for what they are doing by themselves most of the time. But, that is just my most humble opinion . . . poor Jack Bum is in over his head. Nice guy tho. Fcker!!! 8-)

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
MagicFan101
RealGM

Post#244 » by MagicFan101 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:49 am

BadMofoPimp wrote:I won't give Vaughn credit for Harris and Vooch. He don't call plays for most of what they do. These two talents are creating for themselves in a broken system. Vaughn just puts them out there and is reaping the accolades for what they are doing by themselves most of the time. But, that is just my most humble opinion . . . poor Jack Bum is in over his head. Nice guy tho. Fcker!!! 8-)

So a coach just shows up on game day, calls plays and goes home only to see his players again on the next game day? There is no interaction or... oh, what is the word... "coaching"?... to be done in between?
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#245 » by BadMofoPimp » Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:54 am

MagicFan101 wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:I won't give Vaughn credit for Harris and Vooch. He don't call plays for most of what they do. These two talents are creating for themselves in a broken system. Vaughn just puts them out there and is reaping the accolades for what they are doing by themselves most of the time. But, that is just my most humble opinion . . . poor Jack Bum is in over his head. Nice guy tho. Fcker!!! 8-)

So a coach just shows up on game day, calls plays and goes home only to see his players again on the next game day? There is no interaction or... oh, what is the word... "coaching"?... to be done in between?

I said MOST of what they do. If you notice players are dumping the ball to Vooch in the post and Vooch works Magic just like Harris gets the ball on the wing one on one and works Magic. Vaughn watches and claps like a kid on x-mas. Sorry for being a jerk about it. But, that is what I see MOST of the time. Every once in a while Vaughn calls a play which works well. Vaughn isn't worst coach in the league and does have his moments like he did last game which he called a few solid plays with a few timely subs. But most of the time, he appears completely lost and gives up in games while acting happy players try hard and content when players commit boneheaded plays.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
didak
Pro Prospect
And1: 198

Post#246 » by didak » Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:57 am

NickAnderson wrote:Lmao saw that coming, we lost against a contender.

Sent from my VS985 4G using RealGM Forums mobile app

We didn't just lose mate. We were exposed all over the floor and got smashed.

Having said that with Fournier out it was hard for anyone other then Tobias or Vuc to hit a shot which didn't help our cause.
R I P - Kobe Bryant
MagicFan101
RealGM

Post#247 » by MagicFan101 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:00 am

BadMofoPimp wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:

I said MOST of what they do. If you notice players are dumping the ball to Vooch in the post and Vooch works Magic just like Harris gets the ball on the wing one on one and works Magic. Vaughn watches and claps like a kid on x-mas. Sorry for being a jerk about it. But, that is what I see MOST of the time. Every once in a while Vaughn calls a play which works well. Vaughn isn't worst coach in the league and does have his moments like he did last game which he called a few solid plays with a few timely subs. But most of the time, he appears completely lost and gives up in games while acting happy players try hard and content when players commit boneheaded plays.

I think you still don't understand my point.

I DO NOT CARE ABOUT PLAY CALLING OR ROTATIONS!

... and neither should any rational fan. I care far more about what is happening in practice and whether the young guys are improving well. The time will soon come for wins to be the most important metric but we are not there yet.
MellowRose
Banned User
And1: 1,551

Post#248 » by MellowRose » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:03 am

Why the **** does it matter what you do in practice, when the coaches rotations are completely screwed up. You cannot win in this league with a coach who doesn't know which lineups to play when.

End of story.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#249 » by BadMofoPimp » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:09 am

MagicFan101 wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:

I think you still don't understand my point.

I DO NOT CARE ABOUT PLAY CALLING OR ROTATIONS!

... and neither should any rational fan. I care far more about what is happening in practice and whether the young guys are improving well. The time will soon come for wins to be the most important metric but we are not there yet.

I haven't read anywhere, saw correspondence, giving pointers or pictures of Vaughn working with any of the players over the summer. Actually, there were plenty of these attributes about the young players doing all of this on their own all summer long trying to take their games to the next level. I haven't heard of Vaughn working with any players one on one. So, when Vooch is in the post, muscling put backs or Harris is shooting 3's and on the wing taking players one on one where they are getting most of their points, I am not giving Vaughn credit. These players are proving everyone wrong on their own!!! At least in my most humble opinion!

The only thing I give Vaughn credit for is giving them minutes because they are playing well. But then again, Vaughn is not giving other players minutes when they play well and keeping other players on the court when they are playing bad, see Bum Garbage, Luke and Slick Willie.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Neato
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Champ
And1: 6,080

Post#250 » by Neato » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:13 pm

yikes. why wouldn't you care about play calling or rotations? even if you're taking a purely developmental approach to this, the best way to learn something is to actually do it in a live situation. that's both from the perspectives of the player and the coach.
MagicMadness
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,332

Post#251 » by MagicMadness » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:23 pm

I like how this thread almost fell off the front page while the Magic were busy winning 3 of their last 4, only to be resurrected after losing to a quasi-contender with two superstars in the starting line-up (and us missing Fournier).

I still say wait abit.
Kev_bundles
Junior
And1: 247

Post#252 » by Kev_bundles » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:11 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:This team isn't ready to win a lot of games with any coach. End of story.

I won't give Vaughn credit for Harris and Vooch. He don't call plays for most of what they do. These two talents are creating for themselves in a broken system. Vaughn just puts them out there and is reaping the accolades for what they are doing by themselves most of the time. But, that is just my most humble opinion . . . poor Jack Bum is in over his head. Nice guy tho. Fcker!!! 8-)
what accolades is CV reaping you speak of? Cause if we win the players get all the credit and when we lose he gets all the hate
Kev_bundles
Junior
And1: 247

Post#253 » by Kev_bundles » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:13 pm

MagicMadness wrote:I like how this thread almost fell off the front page while the Magic were busy winning 3 of their last 4, only to be resurrected after losing to a quasi-contender with two superstars in the starting line-up (and us missing Fournier).

I still say wait abit.

Preach brother !
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#254 » by BadMofoPimp » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:15 pm

Kev_bundles wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:

what accolades is CV reaping you speak of? Cause if we win the players get all the credit and when we lose he gets all the hate

I already said he has called some nice plays and made good subs on the wins. Just sayin in many cases from what I see, the players just play without running set plays where too often I see players frantically looking for someone to pass to while Vaughn sits on the bench hardly doing anything. I think even Vaughn knows his days are numbered.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Neato
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Champ
And1: 6,080

Post#255 » by Neato » Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:57 pm

Kev_bundles wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:

that can be fixed by placing blame on players when we lose. don't even have to involve jv in the discussion either way because he's mostly irrelevant in the bad sort of way.
NickAnderson
General Manager
And1: 2,922

Post#256 » by NickAnderson » Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:35 am

Fire JV!!!! :lol:

Sent from my VS985 4G using RealGM Forums mobile app
claudio-br
Sixth Man
And1: 750

Post#257 » by claudio-br » Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:34 am

fire abit

i mean wait
ogmagicfan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,654

Post#258 » by ogmagicfan » Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:40 am

FIRE JV!!!!!!

no but seriously, this has turned into the "blame JV when we lose, praise him when we win" forum

Personally, I don't think JV has what it takes to be a good NBA coach and shows way too much inconstancy, but that's just me, a simple win doesn't change that viewpoint and make me think he's turning over a new leaf
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#259 » by BadMofoPimp » Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:42 am

Fire Dat Bum!

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#260 » by BadMofoPimp » Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:16 am

Can we just fire Jack Bum now and stop the bleeding?!?!?!

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!

Return to Orlando Magic