ImageImageImageImage

Should the Magic fire JV now or wait abit?

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Should the Magic fire JV now?

Yes, nothing has changed fire his arse.
56%
Not 100% sure yet but it will happen this season.
25%
No, he's doing/done a great job.
19%

Total votes: 139

Destin
Junior
And1: 204

Re: Should the Magic fire JV now or wait abit? 

Post#421 » by Destin » Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:52 pm

We just gotta do things a lot better
"All I picture Rob Hennigan doing is sitting in his phat office drinking starbucks and pinching himself wondering how he landed a GM job in the NBA" - Destin
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,654

Post#422 » by Howard Mass » Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:54 pm

tiderulz wrote:
j_n wrote:Like others said, if JV runs this team until the end of the season it could save a lot money on the extensions of KO, Harris, Fournier, Harkless and AN, that and the high draft pick could make up for watching this team play another full year with Vaughn.

no, because Harris and KO will want to go to a team with good coaching.

I think both are probably leaving with or without a coaching change.

The Magic paid Nicola Vucevic and then Channing Frye while still not having the answer at pf unless that turns out to be Aaron Gordon who still might grow a few inches.

O'Quinn will probably get a nice offer elsewhere and leave in a numbers game that is not only about money but minutes.

As for Tobias Harris, I see him as a 6th man who plays the 4 at the end of games.

He's a good player who will get nice money. However, I do not see him coming back and believe The Magic will look for a real 3.
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,110

Post#423 » by tiderulz » Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:06 pm

Howard Mass wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
j_n wrote:Like others said, if JV runs this team until the end of the season it could save a lot money on the extensions of KO, Harris, Fournier, Harkless and AN, that and the high draft pick could make up for watching this team play another full year with Vaughn.

The Magic paid Nicola Vucevic and then Channing Frye while still not having the answer at pf unless that turns out to be Aaron Gordon who still might grow a few inches.

O'Quinn will probably get a nice offer elsewhere and leave in a numbers game that is not only about money but minutes.

As for Tobias Harris, I see him as a 6th man who plays the 4 at the end of games.

He's a good player who will get nice money. However, I do not see him coming back and believe The Magic will look for a real 3.

why do you say that about Harris, who has been performing at a top-6 SF level as a starter this year?
CraZyPraiZ
Starter
And1: 700

Post#424 » by CraZyPraiZ » Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:16 pm

Something is going on behind the scenes and Henny needs to make a move. Nic has been playing like crap, Kyle looks out of place. Elfrid starts and never sees enough minutes and on and on. We have no DIRECTION. This team needs Mark Jackson. Look at what he did in GS. He would either get these guys to play or filter out the garbage. I will always be a fan but can not watch this horrid show for 3 hours a night. Simply not good entertainment. I want a team of hard working players. I don't see that with everyone. Losing is killing the desire out on the court.
craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 483

Post#425 » by craig01 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:20 pm

The Magic are still experiencing some growing pains.

But that should no longer be an excuse for lack of effort, lack of any identity, and lack of cohesiveness.

Although I have been willing to be extremely patient with the long term tanking (even though I am an anti-tanking person), have been willing to give JV the benefit of the doubt (even though I never thought he would be a long term coach), but to me......he manages this team with a veterans mentality.....and this team is not equipped to be managed that way.

A young team like this needs a "driver" as a coach, meaning that he needs to develop their mentality through consistent accountability.

This team has marginal talent, very little depth, and must take advantage of what collective skill sets that they do have.
Basketball is driven by three principles:

1) Movement 2) Application of fundamentals 3) Predictability
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,180

Re: Re: Should the Magic fire JV now or wait abit? 

Post#426 » by Optimus_Steel » Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:03 pm

Howard Mass wrote:Before last night, I had some questions about Jacque Vaughn as Magic coach and was in the coaching change at the end of the season camp.

However, last night, I believe the players might be tuning him out.

The effort was bad and Vaughn did not seem to have answers in the postgame interview.

I do not want to see a change made midseason but if they are tuning him out even though this will not make the playoffs, it might become a question if you maybe need James Barrego or someone else on staff to finish out the season.

Then again, I know fans don't want to jeopardize being in the top to mid lottery so they can be in the mid to late lottery.

Hopefully, they have not tuned out Vaughn yet but right now, I think the question is not whether or not he is out at the end of the season but whether or not he finishes the season.

That's been my thinking. I felt that the Magic brass want to give him a legit shot because he bought in on the tank but that he is being let go this summer. Now I feel he wont last the all-star break if this continues and it shows no signs of stopping. My problem is who do you replace him with? Its not an easy answer.
Flannerz
Pro Prospect
And1: 499

Post#427 » by Flannerz » Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:19 pm

George Karl?
EasternMagic
RealGM
And1: 1,154

Post#428 » by EasternMagic » Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:56 pm

Flannerz wrote:George Karl?

There's gotta be a reason GK has not been picked up yet. I think we should go for Malone JR.
But yes, fire JV now, it's not like it will hurt our season any more than it already has. Send a message to the young guys that this is not acceptable.
Flannerz
Pro Prospect
And1: 499

Post#429 » by Flannerz » Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:15 pm

EasternMagic wrote:
Flannerz wrote:George Karl?

There's gotta be a reason GK has not been picked up yet. I think we should go for Malone JR.
But yes, fire JV now, it's not like it will hurt our season any more than it already has. Send a message to the young guys that this is not acceptable.

Even if there isn't anyone we want, one of the assistants can take over and the players will respond to a different voice. We can't create a winning culture if the players down tools because of the coach.
MagicStarwipe
RealGM
And1: 12,050

Post#430 » by MagicStarwipe » Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:11 am

Please stop mentioning Mark Jackson. He is a horrible coach and a head-case.
RealGM Classics - Oladipo's "rude" celebration comes back to bite him: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1358414
crazytown
Veteran
And1: 757

Post#431 » by crazytown » Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:49 am

Hell no on Jackson. Kerr turned them into instant contenders. Jackson is another rah-rah players coach. Clueless on how to run on offense
Nemesis21
RealGM
And1: 6,608

Post#432 » by Nemesis21 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:50 am

MagicStarwipe wrote:Please stop mentioning Mark Jackson. He is a horrible coach and a head-case.

Really?? He, Skiles, Karl would all be better than JV. I'm secretly hoping the Bulls have a 1st rd exit in the playoffs and can Thibs, so Henny can scoop him up. :wink:
EasternMagic
RealGM
And1: 1,154

Post#433 » by EasternMagic » Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:21 am

Nemesis21 wrote:
MagicStarwipe wrote:Please stop mentioning Mark Jackson. He is a horrible coach and a head-case.

Really?? He, Skiles, Karl would all be better than JV. I'm secretly hoping the Bulls have a 1st rd exit in the playoffs and can Thibs, so Henny can scoop him up. :wink:

Jackson is a cheerleader, not a coach.
AdamTheGreek
RealGM
And1: 2,115

Post#434 » by AdamTheGreek » Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:29 am

Mark Jackson is awful on several levels.
Twitter: @PapageorgiouMBO
Penny & Pops Podcast (Orlando Magic): https://soundcloud.com/137665379
tooler
General Manager
And1: 5,343

Post#435 » by tooler » Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:39 am

Thanks for the heads up on Jackson. I know nothing about him, but prior to tonight's game, it looked like this team could use a little unity. I think without any obvious superstars, we need a coach with better fundamentals instead of a Zen master.
ogmagicfan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,654

Post#436 » by ogmagicfan » Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:44 am

tiderulz wrote:
Howard Mass wrote:
tiderulz wrote:

why do you say that about Harris, who has been performing at a top-6 SF level as a starter this year?

He's been playing great at SF this season. I don't see the appeal or attraction of putting him as a 6th man if he is playing as the 6th best SF in the NBA this season as a 22 yr old. Doesn't completely add up to me. He;s ability to play both Forward positions and bully smaller SF's is great flexibility.
didak
Pro Prospect
And1: 198

Post#437 » by didak » Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:04 am

Chuck the house @ Pop.

Surely he would be seeking a new challenge outside of SA????

I'll stop dreaming now.. :(
R I P - Kobe Bryant
MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Post#438 » by MoMM » Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:38 am

Based on what he is the 6th best SF? Just asking...
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,110

Post#439 » by tiderulz » Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:42 pm

MoMM wrote:Based on what he is the 6th best SF? Just asking...

scoring #5
rebounds #2
3pt % #8
FG% #6
blocks #7
dbl/dbls - #3

that is what i based it on.
ogmagicfan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,654

Post#440 » by ogmagicfan » Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:04 pm

MoMM wrote:Based on what he is the 6th best SF? Just asking...

7th in PER among starting SF's
5th in EWA

Return to Orlando Magic